A liberals view of "Conservatism".

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to vote Democrat.

You don't seem to have learned anything.

Reagan and the two Bushes created 90% of the National Debt by lowering taxes for the rich.

Wall Street ran a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy while Bush was president.

Money invested in education, healthcare, technology, and infrastructure is what drives an economy.

Tax cuts for oil companies and the wealthy is not what helps an economy.

Sums things up nicely.

the summation is really fuzzy deany most realize that you two hack will blame a republican no matter what. It is my opinion that you would take death whether than blame your blessed democratic party so your views are irrelevant to what conservatism is.

Isn't so much about what happened in the past but changing the future? Really?

If one doesn't learn from the past? They will stand to have no future...

Reagan and the two Bushes created 90% of the National Debt by lowering taxes for the rich.

Wall Street ran a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy while Bush was president.

Money invested in education, healthcare, technology, and infrastructure is what drives an economy.

So, GOP debt is bad.

Democrat debt is good.

You just keep bitterly clinging to your double standards.

And what proof do you that it is not true, and what you believe is true?

I prefer history to fairy tales.

Zinn's collection of fables and myths is less accurate as a representation of American history than the "Harry Potter" saga is.

It isn't that Zinn was biased in the recounting of history, it's that he fabricated out of whole cloth. It has no validity at all.

You have no proof, only opinion. From what you wrote earlier it is obvious that you did not read the first chapter of A People's History of the United States. Why would you read a book without reading the first chapter?
Zinn said facts are less important than ideology. That's a poor attitude for an historian. But it's a great attitude for a partisan hack intent on painting his nation as evil.

My version is how America was when it was a great country.
You're nostalgic for a nation that never existed in North America. Well, except for Cuba.

You are not making any sense. Why does this not surprise me? I am nostalgic for the country where people used to say "I might not agree with what you say, but I will die for your right to say it".
I still say that. The vast majority of conservatives do.

So how are we trying to destroy that?

Oh, yeah -- we're not.

Sums things up nicely.
Yes it does. "GOP debt bad, Democrat debt good."

I knew a woman who is an American Indian and she told me the reason Indians weren't made into slaves is because they would just sit down and if they had to, die. They couldn't be forced.
Anyway, that was what she told me.

I would believe that.

It would be hard to enslave a people without a tradition of slavery. The reason that sub-Saharan Africans were easy to enslave is that slavery was the norm in Africa. No white man ever went and captured slaves. Slaves were captured by other blacks, then sold to the Muslims, who in turn sold them to Whites. The act of hunting slaves and selling them to Muslims was a thousand years old, engrained as a normal part of African life.

The Indians had no such tradition.

You are not making any sense. Why does this not surprise me? I am nostalgic for the country where people used to say "I might not agree with what you say, but I will die for your right to say it".

I thought you were a democrat and held the party view of "I may not agree with what you say and will die in the fight to silence you."

I thought you were a democrat and held the party view of "I may not agree with what you say and will die in the fight to silence you."

liberals-yeah-liberals-are-like-that-political-poster-1280929332.jpg

You're nostalgic for a nation that never existed in North America. Well, except for Cuba.

Oh, yeah -- we're not.

You are living in a little dream world. Few Conservatives would die for the liberals right to speak, and vice versa. That is no longer the attitude one gets from America, it is filled with hatred from both sides, there has not been this large a divide since the Civil War.

Last edited:
You have no proof, only opinion.

You're confused son. Even Zinn acknowledged that he fabricated his tales.

The politics of history: with a new ... - Howard Zinn - Google Books

From what you wrote earlier it is obvious that you did not read the first chapter of A People's History of the United States. Why would you read a book without reading the first chapter?

Yawn.

Yawn translates into you are right.

It is too easy to make fun of conservatives, they believe in all sorts of things they don't believe in, freedom is number one as the OP points out. But we must be sympathetic to conservatives as change scares the hell outta them. Pessimism rules their minds. Consider that if everyone were a conservative we'd still be living in caves howling at the moon, for any step forward would cause them intense anxiety. Please, help them see the good in life and make them understand that unless we wrestle with problems nothing good happens.

Best book to understand them: "With engaging wit and subtle irony, Albert Hirschman maps the diffuse and treacherous world of reactionary rhetoric in which conservative public figures, thinkers, and polemicists have been arguing against progressive agendas and reforms for the past two hundred years." The Rhetoric of Reaction - Albert O. Hirschman | Harvard University Press

Oh, yeah -- we're not.

You are living in a little dream world. Few Conservatives would die for the liberals right to speak, and vice versa. That is no longer the attitude one gets from America, it is filled with hatred from both sides, there has not been this large a divide since the Civil War.
Your victimhood fantasies bear no resemblance to reality.

I used to post on LA-IMC a few years ago. I told one leftist that I didn't agree with what he said, but that I would give my life to defend his right to say it. I asked him if he would do the same for me.

His response?

"Hell, no! Why would I want to defend your rights, you fucking fascist?!"

It is too easy to make fun of conservatives, they believe in all sorts of things they don't believe in, freedom is number one as the OP points out. But we must be sympathetic to conservatives as change scares the hell outta them. Pessimism rules their minds. Consider that if everyone were a conservative we'd still be living in caves howling at the moon, for any step forward would cause them intense anxiety. Please, help them see the good in life and make them understand that unless we wrestle with problems nothing good happens.

Best book to understand them: "With engaging wit and subtle irony, Albert Hirschman maps the diffuse and treacherous world of reactionary rhetoric in which conservative public figures, thinkers, and polemicists have been arguing against progressive agendas and reforms for the past two hundred years." The Rhetoric of Reaction - Albert O. Hirschman | Harvard University Press
Just because leftists are ruled by emotion doesn't mean everyone else is.

Troll thread of the day!

Since you've never met a conservative in real life, and you are incapable of learning from the ones here, why I am surprised that you have it all wrong?

Okay, he has it all wrong. Fair enough. Then please explain what exactly is "wrong" about these statements then? If todays conservatives do not feel this way now is the perfect time to prove him wrong and make him eat his words.

Tax cuts for the wealthy because they make jobs.

Morals MUST be legislated.

Science must be "balanced" with God.

Stop trying to rebuild America. If a bridge is needed, let the locals build it.

We don't need health care. We have prayer and can go visit a doctor at last resort.

Goose if this was coming from you it would have more realistic shit in it....Dean puts things in about Republicans that are somewhat made up.....Orange County California where i am at has a good Republican population....yet the Dozens of Republican/Conservatives i know and deliver Mail too.....care about their kids Education......do not want Religion ruling their lives.....are not against Science.....do not want Gays in the closet or Blacks in their place do not want Women in the Kitchen.....we have a bunch of Infrastructure going on right now by these nasty dont give a Dam Republicans......they want Health Care,they like many,dont like the plan put out there....yes there are Far Right Republicans/Conservatives who agree with Dean.....but he feels EVERYONE of them feel this way....and his posts reflect this.....do you agree with him?....is EVERY righty the way Dean claims they are?....

Modern day conservatism is the political codification of selfishness.

and yet one of the Koch Brothers,two guys you like to bad mouth,gives a hell of a lot of money to Charities and Scientific research......your just as bad as Dean is Chris when it comes to putting your i hate Republican shit out there.....you two guys do nothing but exaggerate and Spin...now you know why you are considered his Left Testicle....

Forum List

Back