A History Mystery: Roosevelt- Why Lie?

Gee.....sounds like the same line all the other 'good Germans' uses.

Yup...and we had separate restrooms for colored too

Roosevelt has a long and documented record of opposing Asians, blacks and Jews....

." Why did the administration actively seek to discourage and disqualify Jewish refugees from coming to the United States? Why didn't the president quietly tell his State Department (which administered the immigration system) to fill the quotas for Germany and Axis-occupied countries to the legal limit? That alonecould have saved 190,000 lives.It would not have required a fight with Congress or the anti-immigration forces; it would have involved minimal political risk to the president."FDR's troubling view of Jews

Interesting questions that an inquiring mind would have no trouble answering when considering Roosevelt's attitude toward other minorities....

"This attitude dovetails with what is known aboutFDR's views regarding immigrants in general and Asian immigrants in particular.... He recommended thatfuture immigration should be limited to those who had "blood of the right sort." "
Op. Cit.

How many politicians in 1930-1945 disagreed with him?

Changing the subject?

That means I win, huh?

Now change your avi.....how about something catchy....like 'Totalist" or 'FDRApologist' or simply 'LongTimeLiar"?
Just calling you on revisionist history

Show me leaders from that era who believed otherwise

I provide real, actual history.

Easily proven: nothing I post has been shown to be inaccurate, incorrect, or untrue.

You, on the other hand....hot air, lies, and propaganda for your Leftist leader.

Gee.....sounds like the same line all the other 'good Germans' uses.

Roosevelt has a long and documented record of opposing Asians, blacks and Jews....

." Why did the administration actively seek to discourage and disqualify Jewish refugees from coming to the United States? Why didn't the president quietly tell his State Department (which administered the immigration system) to fill the quotas for Germany and Axis-occupied countries to the legal limit? That alonecould have saved 190,000 lives.It would not have required a fight with Congress or the anti-immigration forces; it would have involved minimal political risk to the president."FDR's troubling view of Jews

Interesting questions that an inquiring mind would have no trouble answering when considering Roosevelt's attitude toward other minorities....

"This attitude dovetails with what is known aboutFDR's views regarding immigrants in general and Asian immigrants in particular.... He recommended thatfuture immigration should be limited to those who had "blood of the right sort." "
Op. Cit.

Changing the subject?

That means I win, huh?

Now change your avi.....how about something catchy....like 'Totalist" or 'FDRApologist' or simply 'LongTimeLiar"?

1. Senator Ashurst of Arizona, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, denounced court packing as a "prelude to tyranny."

2. It is a fact that none of the New Dealers were constitutionalists. Roosevelt's economist, Rexford Tugwell said: Any people who must be governed according to the written codes of an instrument which defines the spheres of individual and group, state and federal actions must expectto suffer from the constant maladjustment of progress.A life' which changes and a constitution for governance which does not must always raise questions which are difficult for solution."

3. In July 5, 1935, in a letter to Representative Samuel B. Hill of Washington, the President manifested his contempt for the Constitution. Hill was chairman of the subcommittee studying the Guffey-Vinson bill to regulate the coal industry: the purpose of the legislation was to re-establish, for the coal industry, the NRA code system which the Supreme Court had unanimously declared unconstitutional. Roosevelt wrote: "I hope your committee will not permit doubts as to constitutionality, however reasonable, to block the legislation.

4. In 1935, the Supreme Court upheld the New Deal repudiation of gold payments in government contracts and private contracts .... Justice McReynolds declared in a dissenting opinion that "the Constitution as we have known it is gone." The Brookshire Times from Brookshire, Texas · Page 2

5. "If the people desire to give Congress the power to regulate industries within the State, and the relation of employers and employees in those industries, they are at liberty to declare their will in the appropriate manner; but it is not for the Court to amend the Constitution by judicial decision." http://www.barefootsworld.net/nortonuc08.html]
Chief Justice Hughes

My history, as usual, is unassailable.

Now, stop your lying.

Which people? The ones who remained poor during the depression he prolonged, the ones who died in the war, or the ones he threw into concentration camps?

Taking over the worst economy in our history was quite an endeavor

The camps were a product of the times. No different than you saw throughout the world in those troubled times. Not many Americans objected to them.......in fact, most demanded them

Stop lying.

If it was "the worst economy in our history"...Roosevelt made it so.

1. Few ever speak of any depressions or recessions prior to the "Great Depression."

Know how many there were?

Over thirty.
List of recessions in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. And the Republican Harding cured as bad a recession in a year or two.
"America’s greatest depression fighter was Warren Gamaliel Harding....Harding inherited the Woodrow Wilson mess, in particular the post-World War I depression –almost as severe, from peak to trough, as the Great Contraction from 1929 to 1933, that FDR inherited and prolonged.Richard K. Vedder and Lowell E. Gallaway, in their book Out of Work (1993), noted thatthe magnitude of the 1920 depression "exceeded that for the Great Depression of the following decade for several quarters." The estimated gross national product plunged 24% from $91.5 billion in 1920 to $69.6 billion in 1921. The number of unemployed people jumped from 2.1 million in 1920 to 4.9 million in 1921.

Harding, wrote historian Robert K. Murray, in The Harding Era (1969), "always decriedhigh taxes, government waste, and excessive governmental interference in the private sector of the economy.

Harding embraced the advice of Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon and calledfor tax cutsin his first message to Congress, April 12, 1921. ...Harding recognized the crucial importance of encouraging investment essential for growth and jobs, something that FDR never did."
This is the economic history lesson....

Harding's result: "....the gross national product rebounded to $74.1 billion in 1922. The number of unemployed fell to 2.8 million – a reported 6.7% of the labor force – in 1922. So, just a year and a half after Harding became president, the Roaring 20s were underway!The unemployment rate continued to decline, reaching a low of 1.8% in 1926 – an extraordinary feat. Since then, the unemployment rate has been lower only once in wartime (1944), and never in peacetime."http://archive.lewrockwell.com/orig4/powell-jim4.html
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/226645/not-so-great-depression/jim-powell
More distortion via omission. Left out, the stock market crash of 1929 which was the beginning of the Great Depression and the beginning of a global depression that FDR inherited, quickly followed by devastating natural desasters called draught and wind created dust storms that became known as Dust Bowl Storms.

Other nations recovered faster than America because they didn't have the dictator Roosevelt in charge.

I must admit that I enjoy proving you to be a liar and a fraud daily.

Don't ever change.

Like FDR said.....people don't eat in the long run

He was more concerned with helping people than corporations

You don't like 'Totalist" or 'FDRApologist' or simply 'LongTimeLiar"?

How about "AgainstTheConstitution"?

Op. Cit.

Changing the subject?

That means I win, huh?

1. Senator Ashurst of Arizona, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, denounced court packing as a "prelude to tyranny."

2. It is a fact that none of the New Dealers were constitutionalists. Roosevelt's economist, Rexford Tugwell said: Any people who must be governed according to the written codes of an instrument which defines the spheres of individual and group, state and federal actions must expectto suffer from the constant maladjustment of progress.A life' which changes and a constitution for governance which does not must always raise questions which are difficult for solution."

3. In July 5, 1935, in a letter to Representative Samuel B. Hill of Washington, the President manifested his contempt for the Constitution. Hill was chairman of the subcommittee studying the Guffey-Vinson bill to regulate the coal industry: the purpose of the legislation was to re-establish, for the coal industry, the NRA code system which the Supreme Court had unanimously declared unconstitutional. Roosevelt wrote: "I hope your committee will not permit doubts as to constitutionality, however reasonable, to block the legislation.

4. In 1935, the Supreme Court upheld the New Deal repudiation of gold payments in government contracts and private contracts .... Justice McReynolds declared in a dissenting opinion that "the Constitution as we have known it is gone." The Brookshire Times from Brookshire, Texas · Page 2

5. "If the people desire to give Congress the power to regulate industries within the State, and the relation of employers and employees in those industries, they are at liberty to declare their will in the appropriate manner; but it is not for the Court to amend the Constitution by judicial decision." http://www.barefootsworld.net/nortonuc08.html]
Chief Justice Hughes

Now, stop your lying.

Hard to believe.....

All that cut and paste and none pertains to FDRs treatment of minorities. Are you really that incapable of following a train of thought? I ask for proof where any politician of the era disagreed with FDRs position on minorities and you come back with court packing?

Go back and do it over

Last edited:

Op. Cit.

Changing the subject?

That means I win, huh?

Chief Justice Hughes

Now, stop your lying.

Hard to believe.....

All that cut and paste and none pertains to FDRs treatment of minorities

Go back and do it over

How easy do you want to make it for me to stuff your lies back down your throat????

How's this:
1. ....the very first selection for Supreme Court Justice, by Roosevelt, was Hugo Black. Using his first opportunity to select the best candidate for the Supreme Court of the United States,Roosevelt's carefully selected choice was a racist, segregationist, anti-Catholic named Hugo Black.

"Through the appointment, FDR pleased the South and theliberalssimultaneously..."Hugo Black and the KKK

And spit in the face of black Americans.

a. "... [Hugo] Black was head of new members forthe largest Klan cell in the South. New members of the KKK had to pledge their allegiance to the “eternal separation of Church and State.”... Separation was a crucial part of the KKK’s jurisprudential agenda. It was included in the Klansman’s Creed..."http://egnorance.blogspot.com/2011/10/hugo-black-and-real-history-of-wall-of.html]

Let's remind all, again, thatthe KKK was an arm of the Democrat Partypost-Civil War...and, clearly, continued to be so through Roosevelt's time.

b. Hugo Black was his first selection, in 1937. Black was a multi-faceted hater....This KKK Senator from Alabamawrote the majority decision on Korematsu v. US; in 1967, he said‘They all look alike to a person not a Jap.”Engage: Conversations in Philosophy: "They all look alike to a person not a Jap"*: The Legacy of Korematsu at OSU

How about this avi for you: "CaughtLyingAgain"???

Good one?

Changing the subject?

That means I win, huh?

Chief Justice Hughes

Now, stop your lying.

Hard to believe.....

Go back and do it over

How easy do you want to make it for me to stuff your lies back down your throat????

How's this:
1. ....the very first selection for Supreme Court Justice, by Roosevelt, was Hugo Black. Using his first opportunity to select the best candidate for the Supreme Court of the United States,Roosevelt's carefully selected choice was a racist, segregationist, anti-Catholic named Hugo Black.

"Through the appointment, FDR pleased the South and theliberalssimultaneously..."Hugo Black and the KKK

a. "... [Hugo] Black was head of new members forthe largest Klan cell in the South. New members of the KKK had to pledge their allegiance to the “eternal separation of Church and State.”... Separation was a crucial part of the KKK’s jurisprudential agenda. It was included in the Klansman’s Creed..."http://egnorance.blogspot.com/2011/10/hugo-black-and-real-history-of-wall-of.html]

Let's remind all, again, thatthe KKK was an arm of the Democrat Partypost-Civil War...and, clearly, continued to be so through Roosevelt's time.

b. Hugo Black was his first selection, in 1937. Black was a multi-faceted hater....This KKK Senator from Alabamawrote the majority decision on Korematsu v. US; in 1967, he said‘They all look alike to a person not a Jap.”Engage: Conversations in Philosophy: "They all look alike to a person not a Jap"*: The Legacy of Korematsu at OSU

Good one?

You do seem to have difficulty responding to simple queries

You were asked to provide evidence of other politicians of the 1930s-1945 period who opposed FDRs positions on minorities

You stumble again and respond Hugo Black...............show me where Black was opposed at the time because of his racial views

I'll wait

A fundamental and primary method of anti-FDR conspiracy theorist is to distort unemployment numbers during the Great Depression. This is done by using a method of calculation that was designed to provide the numbers of persons not working in private industry and business. It excludes persons working in government programs. Hence, it only tells part of a story and does not provide numbers of persons actually collecting pay from their labor. The bricklayers, roofers, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, etc. building Post Offices all over America, improvements at military forts, bases, and ports, bridges, etc are counted as "unemployed" in the method used by the OP and other anti-FDR proponents.

This trick of distorting unemployment numbers allows the anti-FDR proponents to steer away from focusing on a major point of FDR's New Deal policies and programs. The New Deal gave priority to the masses of people and allowed private industry to take a back row seat. The main focus was to reduce things like starvation and hunger, homelessness, destitution, and the extreme levels of poverty. The New Dealers believed the industrialist and upper classes could wait for the economy to improve and the poor who suffered could not. Hence, the anti-FDR crowd puts out the misleading unemployment numbers, even using the silly story about a long line of unemployed stretching across the country. Of course, that lie of a long line could only occur if millions of people didn't show up to their jobs of building America's infrastructure and in many cases, preparing the military for WWII.

It is impossible to understand the employment situation of the Great Depression without at least understanding what the numbers represent and mean. That someone refuses to acknowledge the differing methods of calculation should be viewed as an obvious indication of dishonesty.
fraser.stlouisfed.org/docs/meltzer/maremp93.pdf

The New Deal gave priority to the masses of people and allowed private industry to take a back row seat. The main focus was to reduce things like starvation and hunger, homelessness, destitution, and the extreme levels of poverty. The New Dealers believed the industrialist and upper classes could wait for the economy to improve and the poor who suffered could not.

Well said

Changing the subject?

That means I win, huh?

Chief Justice Hughes

Now, stop your lying.

Hard to believe.....

Go back and do it over

How's this:

Good one?

You were asked to provide evidence of other politicians of the 1930s-1945 period who opposed FDRs positions on minorities

You stumble again and respond Hugo Black...............show me where Black was opposed at the time because of his racial views

I'll wait

Good to see you have given up trying to defend Roosevelt as to his hatred of either minorities, or of the Constitution.

Stop back next time you need a similar thrashing.

Taking over the worst economy in our history was quite an endeavor

The camps were a product of the times. No different than you saw throughout the world in those troubled times. Not many Americans objected to them.......in fact, most demanded them

Stop lying.

If it was "the worst economy in our history"...Roosevelt made it so.

1. Few ever speak of any depressions or recessions prior to the "Great Depression."

Know how many there were?

Over thirty.
List of recessions in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. And the Republican Harding cured as bad a recession in a year or two.
"America’s greatest depression fighter was Warren Gamaliel Harding....Harding inherited the Woodrow Wilson mess, in particular the post-World War I depression –almost as severe, from peak to trough, as the Great Contraction from 1929 to 1933, that FDR inherited and prolonged.Richard K. Vedder and Lowell E. Gallaway, in their book Out of Work (1993), noted thatthe magnitude of the 1920 depression "exceeded that for the Great Depression of the following decade for several quarters." The estimated gross national product plunged 24% from $91.5 billion in 1920 to $69.6 billion in 1921. The number of unemployed people jumped from 2.1 million in 1920 to 4.9 million in 1921.

Harding, wrote historian Robert K. Murray, in The Harding Era (1969), "always decriedhigh taxes, government waste, and excessive governmental interference in the private sector of the economy.

Harding embraced the advice of Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon and calledfor tax cutsin his first message to Congress, April 12, 1921. ...Harding recognized the crucial importance of encouraging investment essential for growth and jobs, something that FDR never did."
This is the economic history lesson....

Harding's result: "....the gross national product rebounded to $74.1 billion in 1922. The number of unemployed fell to 2.8 million – a reported 6.7% of the labor force – in 1922. So, just a year and a half after Harding became president, the Roaring 20s were underway!The unemployment rate continued to decline, reaching a low of 1.8% in 1926 – an extraordinary feat. Since then, the unemployment rate has been lower only once in wartime (1944), and never in peacetime."http://archive.lewrockwell.com/orig4/powell-jim4.html
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/226645/not-so-great-depression/jim-powell
More distortion via omission. Left out, the stock market crash of 1929 which was the beginning of the Great Depression and the beginning of a global depression that FDR inherited, quickly followed by devastating natural desasters called draught and wind created dust storms that became known as Dust Bowl Storms.

Other nations recovered faster than America because they didn't have the dictator Roosevelt in charge.

I must admit that I enjoy proving you to be a liar and a fraud daily.

Don't ever change.

Like FDR said.....people don't eat in the long run

He was more concerned with helping people than corporations

You don't like 'Totalist" or 'FDRApologist' or simply 'LongTimeLiar"?

How about "AgainstTheConstitution"?
I have not told a single lie in any of my post in this thread. You are simply name calling to evade answering to the misstatements and misdirections that you have been challenged about.

Chief Justice Hughes

Now, stop your lying.

Hard to believe.....

Go back and do it over

How's this:

Good one?

I'll wait

Good to see you have given up trying to defend Roosevelt as to his hatred of either minorities, or of the Constitution.

I am claiming FDR represented the political thought of his era

You have yet to provide any conservatives who condemned FDR for his racial policies. Actually, conservatives complained about FDRs lenient treatment

Now, Eleanor? Conservatives were outraged over her advocating for the "coloreds"

Now......still waiting for you to cut and paste me conservative outrage over FDRs treatment of minorities

Chief Justice Hughes

Now, stop your lying.

Hard to believe.....

Go back and do it over

How's this:

Good one?

I'll wait

Winner, winner...Chicken Dinner!

PC admits she has nothing

Op. Cit.

Changing the subject?

That means I win, huh?

Chief Justice Hughes

Now, stop your lying.

new Dealer is just another name for Socilaist

Op. Cit.

Changing the subject?

That means I win, huh?

Chief Justice Hughes

Now, stop your lying.

You forgot to say "57 States"

Op. Cit.

Changing the subject?

That means I win, huh?

Chief Justice Hughes

Now, stop your lying.

No, it isn't. It was an effort to combine capitalism with some socialism concepts. It worked and was adjusted over the years and still exist to this day. Some forms of socialism have been accepted by conservatives such as Reagan. FDR believed that some things were too big and too important to be entrusted to private entities with profit motives. Most countries of the world have adopted those concepts.

Changing the subject?

That means I win, huh?

Chief Justice Hughes

Now, stop your lying.

No, it isn't. It was an effort to combine capitalism with some socialism concepts. It worked and was adjusted over the years and still exist to this day. Some forms of socialism have been accepted by conservatives such as Reagan. FDR believed that some things were too big and too important to be entrusted to private entities with profit motives. Most countries of the world have adopted those concepts.

No question FDR was an actual socialist

After Pearl Harbor he nationalized all industry for defense purposes. All production, labor and raw materials were approved by the government

We went from being the 17th largest military to the undisputed number one. It was THE major factor in our victory in WWII

Op. Cit.

Changing the subject?

That means I win, huh?

Chief Justice Hughes

Now, stop your lying.

Hard to believe.....

All that cut and paste and none pertains to FDRs treatment of minorities. Are you really that incapable of following a train of thought? I ask for proof where any politician of the era disagreed with FDRs position on minorities and you come back with court packing?

Go back and do it over

Ralph Carr

Changing the subject?

That means I win, huh?

Chief Justice Hughes

Now, stop your lying.

Hard to believe.....

Go back and do it over

Ralph Carr

Good man.......he never held elective office after that

Hardly a groundswell of support for our Japanese citizens though

Forum List

Back