A good reason why history is important

your op
is based on a false assumption as been already proved.
you are a fuckin moron.
that's all you from your first post.
You didn't prove anything you stupid fuck.
Didn't have to you did that all by yourself! Lol!
what?
ignorant much?
your very first post in this thread was out of context and based on a series of false premises.

your defense of your ignorance has been proved by every word you post.
that's what.

Those damned Goths. They lost and got incorporated into the Roman Empire in the end, though, adding their cuisine and genes to the Roman melting pot and OldLady said, "It is Good."
That lead to the Sack of Rome in the early 400s. Which was a major landmark in the destruction of Rome.
Kinda twisted logic buddy :thup:
True. But the lesson I take from history is that all powerful empires implode in the end. It sucks, but it always happens and our turn will come. Not for a long time, though, TN. If you are worried about the millions of Syrian and Northern African refugees in Turkey and parts of Europe, you may have good reason. The U.S. is much, much larger, though, and will absorb the tiny number of refugees we take in. Is that what you are worried about?
because they make mistakes. Whats wrong with learning from them?
"inevitable" seems like a lazy copout
You're right we should learn from history. I just don't think we're comparing apples to apples in this case. Not all the historians agree that the Goth incident was 'the beginning of the end,' either. Inevitably, America will fade into the dust, lose its power and wealth. Yes, we should try to delay that day, but we need to remember who we are and honor those principles or we might as well not bother to try.
Im not saying that either ;)
Our principles? Like focusing on foreigners and corporations instead of our own citizens?
“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

Okay, so it was a poem by Emma Lazarus, not a declaration from old Tom Jefferson, but we've always been a country that (sometimes reluctantly, kicking and screaming) opens our doors to people who want a better life. Like you already know, we are all immigrants here. To me, that's an important part of what America is. You don't agree?

you are a fuckin moron.
what?
ignorant much?
your very first post in this thread was out of context and based on a series of false premises.

that's what.
what was out of context dumbfuck?

That lead to the Sack of Rome in the early 400s. Which was a major landmark in the destruction of Rome.
Kinda twisted logic buddy :thup:
True. But the lesson I take from history is that all powerful empires implode in the end. It sucks, but it always happens and our turn will come. Not for a long time, though, TN. If you are worried about the millions of Syrian and Northern African refugees in Turkey and parts of Europe, you may have good reason. The U.S. is much, much larger, though, and will absorb the tiny number of refugees we take in. Is that what you are worried about?
You're right we should learn from history. I just don't think we're comparing apples to apples in this case. Not all the historians agree that the Goth incident was 'the beginning of the end,' either. Inevitably, America will fade into the dust, lose its power and wealth. Yes, we should try to delay that day, but we need to remember who we are and honor those principles or we might as well not bother to try.
Our principles? Like focusing on foreigners and corporations instead of our own citizens?

Okay, so it was a poem by Emma Lazarus, not a declaration from old Tom Jefferson, but we've always been a country that (sometimes reluctantly, kicking and screaming) opens our doors to people who want a better life. Like you already know, we are all immigrants here. To me, that's an important part of what America is. You don't agree?
We cant even take care of our own. Period.

You're drinking too much conservative FoolAid (heard that on the Sunday shows yesterday--love it). We're in trouble, yes, but hopefully this presidential election will wake up some of the jerks in Washington and we'll get back on track. This is the most god damned fool election I can remember, but good will come out of it if the people at the top pay attention to the fact that people like you are awake, and worried.

what?
ignorant much?

that's what.
everything you've said in the thread .
it's been pointed out to you by most everyone on the thread,
are you just too dense to see it or too ignorant to know the difference ?

You're drinking too much conservative FoolAid (heard that on the Sunday shows yesterday--love it). We're in trouble, yes, but hopefully this presidential election will wake up some of the jerks in Washington and we'll get back on track. This is the most god damned fool election I can remember, but good will come out of it if the people at the top pay attention to the fact that people like you are awake, and worried.
We have hundreds of thousands of homeless people
1 out of 5 kids are hungry
Our education sucks
College graduates are working at Rue 21
Our politicians are giving the rich our money ('trickle down" for the morons)
Don't give me that bullshit. Im not a conservative and we cant even take care of our own. Period.

what?
ignorant much?

that's what.
So you cant explain anything? Figures, you big bag of useless dumbfuck.

what?
ignorant much?

that's what.
TN's just stubborn. At least he reads history. More than some here will do.

what?
ignorant much?

that's what.
stubborn with what lady?
That your idea of sweeping shit under the rug guised as "inevitable" is bullshit?
Or the fact that nosmo was the only one to actually comment on the OP? and even then, he couldn't comment without ignorance?
Or are you referring to that opinion article daws posted?
See, Rome had a lot fo immigrants. The Goths were accepted out of established rule. Daws is a dumbfuck and didn't prove shit.
So PLEASE fill me in :)

Our education sucks
Don't give me that bullshit. Im not a conservative and we cant even take care of our own. Period.
I'll go along with all of that, except you ARE a conservative. Please don't tell me your answer is to vote for Hillary. Or is it?

Our education sucks
I'll go along with all of that, except you ARE a conservative. Please don't tell me your answer is to vote for Hillary. Or is it?
Who in the fuck are you to brand me?
Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

ignorant much?

that's what.
stubborn with what lady?
That your idea of sweeping shit under the rug guised as "inevitable" is bullshit?
Or the fact that nosmo was the only one to actually comment on the OP? and even then, he couldn't comment without ignorance?
See, Rome had a lot fo immigrants. The Goths were accepted out of established rule. Daws is a dumbfuck and didn't prove shit.
When are you going to figure out that people with opposing opinions aren't necessarily full of shit? There is no recitation of history anywhere that hasn't been interpreted in very different ways by various people.

Our education sucks
Sorry it bothered you. Nice rant, by the way.

ignorant much?

that's what.
stubborn with what lady?
When are you going to figure out that people with opposing opinions aren't necessarily full of shit? There is no recitation of history anywhere that hasn't been interpreted in very different ways by various people.
true dat, revisionism is very real :thup:

Our education sucks
Sorry it bothered you. Nice rant, by the way.
The only brand i am is TNHarley. I don't have set ideology. That shit is for the birds

what?
ignorant much?

that's what.
why? it's clear to me you are stupid and ignorant.

ignorant much?

that's what.
why? it's clear to me you are stupid and ignorant.
that's what I thought

ignorant much?

that's what.
stubborn with what lady?
that was not an opinion post but historical fact ...

ignorant much?

that's what.
stubborn with what lady?
that was not an opinion post but historical fact ...
It was historical fact they let them in against established law. Your opinion piece was irrelevant and didn't prove anything. I never said they didn't let in outsiders.

Forum List

Back