A Good Definition of Treason

I'll not agree with all Glock posts, but that hit on source is a red herring.

if you want to believe an unattibuted source in a oped piece in a conservative rag over the senate intelligence committee and the 9/11 commission, go for it. I am not going to argue with you whether or not an unattributed source knows more than those committes and commissions.... it is not worth my time.

If you want to call my pointing that fact out a "red herring", have at it.

What about those before or after Bush? Never before? No future application?

It's possible that at some future point this issue will again arise but its not here and its only worthwhile to discuss what is and not to pretend to predict the future and to deal in hypotheticals.

if you want to believe an unattibuted source in a oped piece in a conservative rag over the senate intelligence committee and the 9/11 commission, go for it. I am not going to argue with you whether or not an unattributed source knows more than those committes and commissions.... it is not worth my time.

If you want to call my pointing that fact out a "red herring", have at it.

Hey, you feel the same on 'unattributed sources' at NY Times? I've yet to see you say so.

Hey, you feel the same on 'unattributed sources' at NY Times? I've yet to see you say so.

I've yet to see anyone post such a source and I certainly have not done so myself. For crissakes, quit painting with such a broad brush.

I've yet to see anyone post such a source and I certainly have not done so myself. For crissakes, quit painting with such a broad brush.

Painting others with a broad brush is something that conservatives are quite proficient at doing. They ignore what people believe and why they believe it instead they choose to go with their ideology and they put their ideology ahead of our country and that is treason. They have betrayed me, and my representatives and its time that people realize that this is wrong and that what is now happening is a sign of the monarchial and centralized ideology of conservatives. It's quite easy for them to support the Leader (aka Fuhrer) blindly while denouncing the majority of Congress and the country and call them traitors while it is hard for liberals to do the same. Even when the President is a Democrat it is almost impossible for him to get liberals to support him blindly as we are independent thinkers who hate conformity simply for the sake of conformity. In 1776 liberals rebelled and declared their independence and the independence of our country while conservatives ran for Canada into the welcoming arms of the conservative United Kingdom.

This: http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...3/378fmxyz.asp is actually a report, and is well documented with actual text from unrelated sources.

I consider your "rapidly diminishing respect" a badge of honor.

oh...it is VERY well documented:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

and regarding the badge of honor, what ever blows your skirt up honey.

yeah.... if you have the time, if you could detail how John Kerry is guilty of the harsh accusation of "treason", I'd love to hear it.

Here is what you do. Start a new thread and add a poll to it just for fun. Then we can back and forth it and not be off topic in this place. I assure you I am not ducking at all. Have a good one.

This is a long article - might want to print out to read at your leisure.

When Congress Commits Treason
By Raymond S. Kraft, New Media Journal
February 5, 2007

When an American political party aligns itself with the goals, hopes, and ambitions of America's enemies in a time of war, in my view there is only one word for it - Treason.

Today, most of the "leading Democrats" in Congress are falling all over themselves to give aid, comfort, and hope, to the Jihad, the Islamic Resistance Movement, the Islamist movement for the decline and fall of Western Civilization and the ascendance of Jihadist Islam in Iraq and around the world. Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clinton, Harry Reid, and many of the rest give their assurance that with Democrats in power, America will retreat, embrace defeat, and surrender, selling their souls and their country down the river for primary votes and and trucks of money from the Pacifist Left. Here, the ignominious spectacle of Democrats selling out the future freedom of the Iraqi people for votes and dollars. Osama bin Laden once called America "a paper tiger." America's Democrats seem determined to prove him right.

For full article:
http://www.newmediajournal.us/staff/kraft/02052007.htm

What complete and utter <b><i>BULLSHIT</i></b>. Not a shred of evidence to support his assertions, but that's typical of these right wing-nut thought clones. It has been their tactic, from the months and weeks immediately prior to the invasion of Iraq, for the Administration and it fawning syncophants to smear anyone opposed to the invasion of Iraq as "unpatriotic", "un-American", "troop-hating", and any other epithet which would cast doubt on their loyalty to America. It's a classic agitprop technique for whipping up support for an unpopular, and in this case, unnecessary invasion and occupation of Iraq. It is best summed up by Herman Goering's statement at the Nuremberg Trials:

<blockquote>"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."</blockquote>

Fortunately, the majority of Americans have awoken to just how wrong the invasion of Iraq was, and just how incompetent this administration was (and is) in its prosecution of it. Now, if Congress and Chimpy will only listen.

What complete and utter <b><i>BULLSHIT</i></b>. Not a shred of evidence to support his assertions, but that's typical of these right wing-nut thought clones.

That's priceless, coming from you, Bully. Do you get that concerned about evidence when you eat up those lib pieces that contain "not a shred of evidence" to support their assertions?

excuse me...did you or did you NOT say, "No where does the Constitution say that treason can only be committed knowingly or with intent."????

I'm saying that treason can be committed with no real intent to do so. Let's say, for instance, the motive might not be to knowingly commit treason but to achieve the personal satisfaction of bringing down and defeating a hated president. But the actions the libs want to take to achieve this goal--cutting and running, withholding funding--are treasonous (aiding and abetting an enemy in a time of war).

when you post oped pieces from Weekly Standard and claim their unattributed assertions are "truth", you get nothing but rapidly diminishing respect from me.

I'll bet your "rapidly diminishing respect" is missing when you read those "unattributed assertions" in the MSM.

I'll bet your "rapidly diminishing respect" is missing when you read those "unattributed assertions" in the MSM.

I take all news with a grain of salt.... I especially doubt unattributed assertions from highly opinionated sources which tend to contradict information presented by reputable bi-partisan organizations. Don't you?

I take all news with a grain of salt.... I especially doubt unattributed assertions from highly opinionated sources which tend to contradict information presented by reputable bi-partisan organizations. Don't you?

All news is opinionated, especially the "bi-partisan" sources. Just deal with the facts, boy.

Forum List

Back