A friendly PC reminder

You mean

Would you say that is the common usage?
Yes, but if you think differently please post your definition.

My definition is a non-issue as I would never use the word redneck as a disparaging term.

So it is your opinion that the only time the word redneck is commonly used is when the person using the term has seen a rebel flag at the residence of the person they are calling redneck???

Well, you do know all those rednecks around Bakersfield and Fresno CA have their rebel flags flying everywhere.

PLEASE BE ADVISED: It's perfectly acceptable, and even hip, witty and clever, to opine or imply that rednecks are backwards, ignorant, incestuous, fucktards that are way less intelligent than non-rednecks. But this standard DOES NOT apply to blacks. Please know that any attempt to apply this standard to blacks makes you a nazi-esque, racist asshole.

Like xotoxi said, one is bigotted AND racist and one is just bigotted, so naturally there is a different standard, although I wouldn't call either "perfectly acceptable, and even hip, witty and clever". :lol:

So are you trying to justify some racist bigotry or are you standing up for rednecks here?

Redneck refers to a person who is stereotypically Caucasian (i.e. white) and is of lower socio-economic status in the United States and Canada, particularly referring to those living in rural areas. Originally limited to the Southern United States,[1] and then to Appalachia, [2] the term has become widely used throughout North America

Etymology and Other Uses

The term has been used for different groups in different time periods. The most common American usage, that of the uncouth rural white Southerner, is generally believed to derive from individuals having a red neck caused by working outdoors in the sunlight over the course of their lifetime.
Redneck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:popcorn:

Them northern rednecks in Canada with their rebel flags are the worst.

Redneck refers to a person who is stereotypically Caucasian (i.e. white) and is of lower socio-economic status in the United States and Canada, particularly referring to those living in rural areas. Originally limited to the Southern United States,[1] and then to Appalachia, [2] the term has become widely used throughout North America

Etymology and Other Uses

The term has been used for different groups in different time periods. The most common American usage, that of the uncouth rural white Southerner, is generally believed to derive from individuals having a red neck caused by working outdoors in the sunlight over the course of their lifetime.

Them northern rednecks in Canada with their rebel flags are the worst.

:lol: If it's on wiki it must be true!

now, i gota ask if a redneck in Maine is the same as a redneck in Texas, or Alaska, or even in Montana

In summary.

It's not bigoted to say that rednecks are ignorant fucktards.

It is bigoted to say that blacks are ignorant fucktards.

And Ravi, Angi, xotoxi, and Nik don't see this as hypocritical. Most likely because they are all PC indoctrinated, ignorant fucktards. :lol:
This is a MBFL
A Manifold Bald Faced Lie

I can't speak for the others but you have deliberately misconstrued my remarks.
Plus you demonstrate obvious and blatant bigotry towards PC indoctrinated, ignorant fucktards.

PLEASE BE ADVISED: It's perfectly acceptable, and even hip, witty and clever, to opine or imply that rednecks are backwards, ignorant, incestuous, fucktards that are way less intelligent than non-rednecks. But this standard DOES NOT apply to blacks. Please know that any attempt to apply this standard to blacks makes you a nazi-esque, racist asshole.

Many thanks to Ravi, Nik and Xotoxi for helping, albiet unwittingly, to prove the point of the OP. :clap2:
Are you delirious?

In summary.

And Ravi, Angi, xotoxi, and Nik don't see this as hypocritical. Most likely because they are all PC indoctrinated, ignorant fucktards. :lol:

Plus you demonstrate obvious and blatant bigotry towards PC indoctrinated, ignorant fucktards.

:lol:

Angille, I think you also made a good point earlier about racist remarks not being dependent upon the speaker, it's really just the context and intent that can be construed as less offensive especially if the speaker belongs to that race.

well seeing how rednecks would be a sub group of what we would call white people not all white people are being maligned but when you say blacks are this or that you are speaking of all blacks.

Ok... then how about: Nappy headed, big eared, blue lipped, erudite Marxist Muslim street agitators, who grab power by any means... and every form of deceit? That should thin it right out... Where do ya come down on that one?

If I'm a white person making generalizations about white rednecks, how would that make me a racist?

If Chris Rock talks about niggas in the hood pimpin' all their bitches and hos...he can't be racist either.

But if I made comments about a subset of blacks, or if he made comments about rednecks...it would be racist in both cases.

It's not too difficult to understand.
Not following you. Aren't you saying that the determining factor in indicating racism in the cases you describe above is the speaker's skin color? Isn't that racist in itself?

I'm not sure that I'm following you.
You seem to be saying that a white person cannot be racist against whites or a black person against blacks.

In summary.

:lol:

Angille, I think you also made a good point earlier about racist remarks not being dependent upon the speaker, it's really just the context and intent that can be construed as less offensive especially if the speaker belongs to that race.
You make a good point that white on white or black on black racism is perceived as less offensive. Maybe because it is less common and so considered less threatening?

Etymology and Other Uses

Well, I reckon they all saw the error of their ways.

Umm, yeah, no shit sherlock.

Stereotyping a race based on how individuals of that race acts is *gasp* racist.

Exactly. Maybe there is hope for you yet.

Stereotyping a culture based on how individuals of that culture act is *gasp* bigoted. Is that really difficult for you?

Fail.

Culture is linked by something that effects attitude. Race isn't.

Omg...its so bigoted to say that New Yorkers are fast paced!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's bigoted to say all New Yorkers are assholes.

Just as it's bigoted to say rednecks are substandard.

Redneck IS a culture. They share a culture, because thats all that Redneck is defining, is a culture.

Whereas black is defining the color of ones skin.

So yes, there is a very, very obvious difference.

Technically, redneck IS defining the color of one's skin...red...on the neck.

Which creates an interesting paradox...why are the necks red?

Wouldn't the mullet offer some sort of protection from the sun?
Redneck is a pre-mullet term.

But you raise an interesting point. Can black people act like rednecks in the same manner that some claim whites can act like *******? Or is redneck an inherently white thing?
278239723_f5aed3fedf_m.jpg

Forum List

Back