A free press is the greatest threat to the Trump Presidency

I wonder what news agencies are going to be allowed into his press conferences?

Those are the news agencies to watch closely and fact check, because after he gets the public to distrust just about any news story that isn't favorable to him, it's just a short jump to propaganda and trying to control the nation.

I wonder what news agencies are going to be allowed into his press conferences?

Those are the news agencies to watch closely and fact check, because after he gets the public to distrust just about any news story that isn't favorable to him, it's just a short jump to propaganda and trying to control the nation.

It would be no more appropriate to have CNN at a legitimate news conference than it would be to invite StormFront.

CNN is a hate mongering tabloid.

This is the same press that garners a whopping 6% approval rating from the American public. The amazing thing is instead of doing some soul searching they seem to be doubling down on their idiocy.

This is why Trump is starting out trying to delegitimize the American press in the eyes of the public. By spewing mistrust of the press, Trump can continue his lies and misrepresentations and then dismiss any criticism as ....Fake News

Certainly looks that way......and let's not forget making the American public doubt our own Intelligence Community.

But, to be fair, Trump isn't the one that started the war on the media. That was started back in 2008 when Sarah Palin started to denounce what she called the "lamestream media". People who didn't like Obama picked up on that and followed her lead.

Over the next 8 years, the GOP used that tactic for anything they didn't agree with. If it wasn't something complimentary for them, it was denounced as "lamestream media", or "far left media propaganda".

Now? Because of some of the fake news stories that popped up in the media, people (and Trump), now have a way to denounce anything that they don't agree with and simply call it fake news, whether it's true or not.

Yeah, parts of the media HAVE stepped on their own dicks by getting duped on some stories, but they compounded it themselves when they didn't publish a retraction or say they were wrong.

Trump reminds me of Richard Nixon

Starting his Presidency with a long list of enemies

This is why Trump is starting out trying to delegitimize the American press in the eyes of the public.

The press delegitimized themselves. They don't need help from Trump.

Well ...let's look at legitimacy

Let's look at the credibility of the press as a whole vs the credibility of what President Trump says

But, to be fair, Trump isn't the one that started the war on the media. That was started back in 2008 when Sarah Palin started to denounce what she called the "lamestream media". People who didn't like Obama picked up on that and followed her lead.

Over the next 8 years, the GOP used that tactic for anything they didn't agree with. If it wasn't something complimentary for them, it was denounced as "lamestream media", or "far left media propaganda".

Now? Because of some of the fake news stories that popped up in the media, people (and Trump), now have a way to denounce anything that they don't agree with and simply call it fake news, whether it's true or not.

Yeah, parts of the media HAVE stepped on their own dicks by getting duped on some stories, but they compounded it themselves when they didn't publish a retraction or say they were wrong.
The problem is we see this repeatedly and from supposed "reputable" news outlets. The whole Russia theme is a perfect example, no evidence, no corroboration just run with it. The worst part is the majority of the time they are reporting what some other media outlet has put out.

I can't count the number of times I've heard some one like CNN lead with a startling headline only to have the commentator open with a line like "buzzfeed has reported that unnamed intelligence officials...". Utter rubbish.

The Vermont utility hack is another perfect example. I listened to one journalist who said it took him one phone call to the utility company itself to debunk the WaPo story. One phone call.

This is why Trump is starting out trying to delegitimize the American press in the eyes of the public. By spewing mistrust of the press, Trump can continue his lies and misrepresentations and then dismiss any criticism as ....Fake News

''

That was very obvious when he shut down the CNN journalist at the news conference. CNN never published the gross details of his alleged "golden shower." BuzzFeed did go over the line. Comrade will sue them, I am sure.

But The Comrade has just begun his attack on thr First Amendment. He will use Putin tactics to shut down news stories he doesn't like. The Narcissistic Sociopath has only just begun.

''

That was very obvious when he shut down the CNN journalist at the news conference. CNN never published the gross details of his alleged "golden shower." BuzzFeed did go over the line. Comrade will sue them, I am sure.

But The Comrade has just begun his attack on thr First Amendment. He will use Putin tactics to shut down news stories he doesn't like. The Narcissistic Sociopath has only just begun.

Trump realizes that a free press will keep him in check

Delegitimize the press and he gets a pass

Last edited:

''

Trump realizes that a free press will keep in in check

Delegitimize the press and he gets a pass

Totalitarianism defined must take away any media coverage that stands in its way.

GI Joe

There are so many pictures on the Internet about American movie stars and Middle Eastern terrorists (just do a simple Google Image search and you'll see what I mean) that it's no surprise that the Trump Administration may be the reign of 'Tabloid Tyrants.'

Here's a photo of Tom Cruise and me (in costume!). I wonder how the world responds to jokes like, "America has elected a card-shark as its President!"

Oh, and by the way, this is Tom Cruise and yours truly dressed in what could be construed as Duke and Snake Eyes (G.I. Joe).

gijoe.jpg

The free press has yet to figure out Trump doesn't give a shit about them and the folks who elected him love it. He does an end run right around them direct to the public and they hate being neutered so.

Maybe someone will explain to the media what I-R-R-E-L-E-V-A-N-T means. Especially the self-inflicted kind.

Trump reminds me of Richard Nixon

Starting his Presidency with a long list of enemies

Funny...only two Presidents have ever tried to use the IRS against their enemies...Richard Nixon who attempted to do so and was unsuccessful...and Barack Obama who succeeded. So who reminds you of Nixon? :blowup:

Forum List

Back