A Few Health Care Reform Questions.

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
The President is going around the country trying to sell his brand of health care reform to the American people. Ok. We've all seen it and most of us have an opinion of it be it for it or against it. Here are several questions I have not yet seen answered completely without the usual political bait and switch game of talking about anything except for the question that was asked. Who, and I'd like an honest answer, not just your opinion, can answer these questions completely?

1. As I understand things, the Public Option Plan will in time put the Insurance Companies out of business because it makes sense to me that they can't compete with the government simply because of overhead. Government doesn't have to pay for large buildings constructed to do the business of insurance in, don't have to pay any kind of taxes such as property taxes, income taxes, payroll taxes, and the list goes on. The only real output of funds the government will have is going to be salaries for the people they employ to manage the Public Option Insurance Plans and of course, pay for the claims of the insured. Private insurance companies will have all of the usual costs of doing business as I have stated. How can a company compete with the government and stay in business? I don't think it's possible. To me the government is purposefully (without really saying so) attempting to put insurance companies out of business so the population will be more dependent on the government - hence, the continual need for big government. I believe this is an honest question. Who can answer this question factually?

2. Let's say, for the sake of conversation, the government takes over the health care and gets the Public Option up and running. Private insurance companies decide they don't want to play and decide to end doing health care insurance business. We all know the insurance companies have billions and billions of dollars in their war chest. What becomes of that money when the insurance companies stop doing business and say, ok, big government, you manage health care in this country? We quit.

3. All you hear being said is that if you like your current health care plan you can keep it. We hear that every day from the President right down to the guy posting his opinion here on this board. Why don't we ever hear anybody talking about being forced to go on the Public Option Plan if you change your insurance or try to change private insurance companies? I think all we are hearing is half-truths. Why is that and why is it not being discussed?

4. What about a young man coming of age and decides it's time for him to purchase some health insurance for himself. Is he going to be able to purchase private insurance or is he going to be forced into the Public Option Plan? Why aren't people talking about this?

5. What happens if you sign up for the Public Option Plan and decide you don't like it. Will you be able to quit the coverage and obtain private insurance? Nobody talks about this. Why is that? Insurance companies are not required to provide you with health care insurance unless they feel they would like to take you on as a client. Will private insurance companies take you on if you leave the Public Option Plan? Why isn't anybody asking these questions?

6. Final question. Let's say the government offers up their brand of health care insurance and you purchase the plan. What if after a spell they decide to double the cost of the insurance as a way of getting more money into the treasury instead of passing a new tax bill? Very many companies begins out by offering very low cost to customers and then after they have been doing business for a while suddenly raise their prices. What is going to stop the government from doing this very same thing? Maybe the increased price will be used for the insurance they are providing but what if that money is used to fund organizations like ACORN or even sent overseas to pay for some other countries new water supply system. What's the recourse? Why aren't these kind of questions being asked or discussed?

These are just a few of my questions and by asking them you may begin to understand why I am so dead set against the government getting involved in any form of government sponsored health care plans for all Americans.

Last edited:
I probably won't be around to see it, but if this passed, 5-10 years private companies and 1000's of jobs would be lost. Then the big gov't plan would be sole. Then it would fail, private competition would arise, hello postal vs FedEx and UPS. Costs? Need you ask?

I probably won't be around to see it, but if this passed, 5-10 years private companies and 1000's of jobs would be lost. Then the big gov't plan would be sole. Then it would fail, private competition would arise, hello postal vs FedEx and UPS. Costs? Need you ask?

Wonder how much it would cost to ship my bad gallbladder to my ex-wife!!!!:lol:

You notice do you not that none of these hairbrained democwats who claim we are spreading misconceptions can answer any questions about their precious plan. amazing innit?

Wonder how much it would cost to ship my bad gallbladder to my ex-wife!!!!:lol:

You kept yours?!
Mine's either in the trash or some poor med student is cutting it up.:tongue:

The President is going around the country trying to sell his brand of health care reform to the American people. Ok. We've all seen it and most of us have an opinion of it be it for it or against it. Here are several questions I have not yet seen answered completely without the usual political bait and switch game of talking about anything except for the question that was asked. Who, and I'd like an honest answer, not just your opinion, can answer these questions completely?

1. As I understand things, the Public Option Plan will in time put the Insurance Companies out of business because it makes sense to me that they can't compete with the government simply because of overhead. Government doesn't have to pay for large buildings constructed to do the business of insurance in, don't have to pay any kind of taxes such as property taxes, income taxes, payroll taxes, and the list goes on. The only real output of funds the government will have is going to be salaries for the people they employ to manage the Public Option Insurance Plans and of course, pay for the claims of the insured. Private insurance companies will have all of the usual costs of doing business as I have stated. How can a company compete with the government and stay in business? I don't think it's possible. To me the government is purposefully (without really saying so) attempting to put insurance companies out of business so the population will be more dependent on the government - hence, the continual need for big government. I believe this is an honest question. Who can answer this question factually?

2. Let's say, for the sake of conversation, the government takes over the health care and gets the Public Option up and running. Private insurance companies decide they don't want to play and decide to end doing health care insurance business. We all know the insurance companies have billions and billions of dollars in their war chest. What becomes of that money when the insurance companies stop doing business and say, ok, big government, you manage health care in this country? We quit.

3. All you hear being said is that if you like your current health care plan you can keep it. We hear that every day from the President right down to the guy posting his opinion here on this board. Why don't we ever hear anybody talking about being forced to go on the Public Option Plan if you change your insurance or try to change private insurance companies? I think all we are hearing is half-truths. Why is that and why is it not being discussed?

4. What about a young man coming of age and decides it's time for him to purchase some health insurance for himself. Is he going to be able to purchase private insurance or is he going to be forced into the Public Option Plan? Why aren't people talking about this?

5. What happens if you sign up for the Public Option Plan and decide you don't like it. Will you be able to quit the coverage and obtain private insurance? Nobody talks about this. Why is that? Insurance companies are not required to provide you with health care insurance unless they feel they would like to take you on as a client. Will private insurance companies take you on if you leave the Public Option Plan? Why isn't anybody asking these questions?

6. Final question. Let's say the government offers up their brand of health care insurance and you purchase the plan. What if after a spell they decide to double the cost of the insurance as a way of getting more money into the treasury instead of passing a new tax bill? Very many companies begins out by offering very low cost to customers and then after they have been doing business for a while suddenly raise their prices. What is going to stop the government from doing this very same thing? Maybe the increased price will be used for the insurance they are providing but what if that money is used to fund organizations like ACORN or even sent overseas to pay for some other countries new water supply system. What's the recourse? Why aren't these kind of questions being asked or discussed?

These are just a few of my questions and by asking them you may begin to understand why I am so dead set against the government getting involved in any form of government sponsored health care plans for all Americans.

My honest answer......
Is that Obama, and every politician and "interest group, currently attempting to convince the American public regarding the merits of an all-American health care plan......
Are IN FACT pitching and promising and promoting nothing more than a unknown PIG IN A POKE.

Obama may be genuinely sincere in his efforts.
I'd like to think (hope springs eternal) that he is.
But the bottom line REALITY of the current and extremely vociferous health care/health insurance debate is that NO ONE, including Obama and EVERY sincere or evil critiic of his alleged "plan"......
Actually KNOWS what ANY bill that may be eventually placed on the oval office desk for a final signature will DECLARE, IGNORE, DESTROY, or COST.

Between now and any last congressional draft of ANY health care legislation......
Stand over 500 mostly petty (by record) politicians who IMNHO remain more concerned with "campaign contributions" and their election to another term, than any concern for a decent and effective health care program for every American citizen.

Between now and when each individual congressman and senator finishes frying his personal PORK......
I have absoluetly no reason to suspect that an unnecessarily complicated 1000 PLUS page document will be reduced to anything approaching a straightforward and clear-cut common sense bill.
But every reason to believe (based on congressional history) that any final version will be LENGHTIER, more LOOPHOLED, and more TWISTED and TAINTED than the already TOO VAGUE Plan A.

INMHO......
If Obama SINCERELY believes in a SPECIFIC American health plan that would truly serve the needs and best interests of EVERY American......
The time is NOW (and long past due) when he should reduce needless political complications to simplicitty, and DEMAND a congressional vote on an unambiguous proposal that would elimanate the need for Big Black Dog's six questions, and all the other unanswered questions that every pig in a poke USED PIG salesperson prefer to pretend matter not!

That's enough for me for now......
Cheers and good night.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back