A Fair, Reasonable Deal on DACA

You have an efficient work visa program for seasonal industries. They just don't want to pay them.

I don't think it's very efficient.

Just so we are clear, you are in favor of amnesty more or less.
A rose by any other name.....

Yes, I am for amnesty for all illegals who are now here--IF we secure the border, give DHS the agents and tools it needs, end chain migration, and end or drastically reform the visa lottery system. If those basic conditions are met, I will be okay with eventual citizenship for Dreamers and permanent resident status for all other current illegals who have not committed a serious crime while here.

I think any deal will have to have those components, or close variations of them, to get 60 votes and to get signed by Trump.

If I were king and had no legislature to worry about, my terms would be a bit tougher. Dreamers would not get citizenship but only permanent resident status. Non-Dreamers would pay a fine, would have to learn English within two years of the deal's passage, and would have to prove they have a job within six months of the deal's passage. But, sadly, I'm not king, and such terms would never get through Congress.

Then you don't remember the last time this played out.

It's more than efficient.

You have an efficient work visa program for seasonal industries. They just don't want to pay them.

I don't think it's very efficient.

Just so we are clear, you are in favor of amnesty more or less.
A rose by any other name.....

Yes, I am for amnesty for all illegals who are now here--IF we secure the border, give DHS the agents and tools it needs, end chain migration, and end or drastically reform the visa lottery system. If those basic conditions are met, I will be okay with eventual citizenship for Dreamers and permanent resident status for all other current illegals who have not committed a serious crime while here.

I think any deal will have to have those components, or close variations of them, to get 60 votes and to get signed by Trump.

If I were king and had no legislature to worry about, my terms would be a bit tougher. Dreamers would not get citizenship but only permanent resident status. Non-Dreamers would pay a fine, would have to learn English within two years of the deal's passage, and would have to prove they have a job within six months of the deal's passage. But, sadly, I'm not king, and such terms would never get through Congress.

I will promise you this....should the GOP agree to any type of Amnesty on any level they will commit political suicide...period. This isn’t even debatable. Trump was elected to aggressively deport illegals and to build a wall. You know this...right?

Forum List

Back