A.D. The Bible Continued on NBC

Very devout Christians producing it.
I'm surprised NBC picked it up.
Very much looking forward to the formation of the early church
This is a time in history i have always been fascinated with. So many questions.

I was actually disappointed with the first one. Not that they portrayed anything really problematic that I recall, but because it seemed to me that they rushed through it. I would have liked to have seen them go into more depth, although I understand that there was time constraints in play. It's such a vast topic, but just for me, it felt like a quick summary
They left the possibility open that someone might have taken the body.
11 common Jews were able to over power a garrison of Roman soldiers...and steal the body, but they didn't kill any of the soldiers, that would be a good trick for today, I wonder how they pulled it off?
False wall in the cave or a secret second door? Or someone got him out before they started watching him.

OR it never happened. You act as if what they say happened actually did. How do you know? That would be a good trick.
It would be a ridiculous lie to die over

This is a time in history i have always been fascinated with. So many questions.

I was actually disappointed with the first one. Not that they portrayed anything really problematic that I recall, but because it seemed to me that they rushed through it. I would have liked to have seen them go into more depth, although I understand that there was time constraints in play. It's such a vast topic, but just for me, it felt like a quick summary
11 common Jews were able to over power a garrison of Roman soldiers...and steal the body, but they didn't kill any of the soldiers, that would be a good trick for today, I wonder how they pulled it off?
False wall in the cave or a secret second door? Or someone got him out before they started watching him.

OR it never happened. You act as if what they say happened actually did. How do you know? That would be a good trick.
It would be a ridiculous lie to die over
And most disciples didn't just die, they were tortured before death.

Let's see, me and these 10 friends of mine are going to tell a whopper...And I know they will endure crucifixion, stoning, and even being flayed alive, and never tell the truth. They will go to their horrible deaths swearing by that lie. Yeah, that's a good plan. As long as just 1 of them doesn't tell the truth, then we got this.

So who should we believe? the Jews who don't want a Messiah, even though they say they do. Or a man named Muhammad who was a man Jesus spoke of coming to deceive. Or 11 men who went to their horrible deaths proclaiming Jesus was Lord? Hmmm, tough decision.

This should be good. I'm going to fact check every detail. They say his death and resurrection had a great impact on political and religious people of the time. So why does nothing of Jesus' survive? I suspect the only people who claim to have seen Jesus were 11 guys. Everyone else had to take their word for it.

I expect everyone will watch this Sunday night.

Who was Nero persecuting in 64AD?

I'll give you a few facts that help bust what they claim.
Fact check the date Lysanias died around 35bc Herod we know died in 4bc, The only Christ in the Lysanias and Herod era both claimed in the Jesus era was Yehuda of Galilee the tax revolter. He's also the only Galilean christ figure. Yeshu son of Mary stoned and hanged on passover historically dated by Jannaeus, his wife friend and follower Salome, Yeshu's Mentor Rabbi Yohoshua ben Parachyah at 100bc, now fact check the widows mite in the NT acct, it' a Jannaeus Alexander coin not a Herod coin. The Ad era christ by the Jordan died 45ad was named Theudas and he was the christ eith the apostles who became martyrs. No media special is ever gonna be historical because they are only as goid as the missinfo they gather from other lazy dupes.

Can you prove Abraham was a real person?

If they can make money off of it they will do it. If people belived little blue horses flew out of a monkeys ass and people believed it they would produce it

Can you prove Abraham was a real person?

The Romans were guarding the tomb, because having Jesus rise from it would cause all sorts of problems

After His death, Jesus appeared to at least 515 people after His resurrection.

These are just the ones the Bible speaks of.

I will readily admit that I did and found it a well-written drama with good acting and what appeared to be a realistic story line. The final special effects were excellent and I'm looking forward to the next episode.

I also appreciated that a clearly liberal network had the smarts to realize the rating boost they will receive from airing this.

Let the anti- rants begin. :)
I actually like it so far and I'm an athiest.

Ho

The Romans were guarding the tomb, because having Jesus rise from it would cause all sorts of problems
Bullshit. They never expected that. Even his followers didn't want to wait 3 days to see.

They didn't want the body to be stolen and that's probably what happened. They were Jewish soldiers. Just bribe them. Even Judah was cheap.

Ho

Bullshit. They never expected that. Even his followers didn't want to wait 3 days to see.

They didn't want the body to be stolen and that's probably what happened. They were Jewish soldiers. Just bribe them. Even Judah was cheap.
Bribe them with what? They had no money. And if caught taking a bribe, they(the Roman soldiers) would have had no head.

Ho

Bribe them with what? They had no money. And if caught taking a bribe, they(the Roman soldiers) would have had no head.

Well I am not sure that is true. The Bible records that Mary Magdalene and the other women who were followers supported Jesus in His ministry. It's logical to conclude that these women were probably somewhat wealthy to be able to afford that. Otherwise they would be home trying to make a living. That's not to say they were necessarily rich, or had enough to bribe guards, or whatever the case may be, but they certainly had enough that they were able to follow Jesus without starving.

Ho

They were Roman soldiers you fucking retard. You want to keep being a fucking liar, at least be consistent

Ho

They were Roman soldiers you fucking retard. You want to keep being a fucking liar, at least be consistent
Don't blame sealy, Roman/Jewish, it's all the same to sealy. just like it was during the holocaust, Jewish/German, all the same to sealy. Just foreigners killing foreigners, no big deal, to sealy.

Ho

What did Judah give back to the Rabbi? Currency.

I'm not going to argue with you about magic and miracles. You want to believe go for it.

Ho

Don't blame sealy, Roman/Jewish, it's all the same to sealy. just like it was during the holocaust, Jewish/German, all the same to sealy. Just foreigners killing foreigners, no big deal, to sealy.
Other than Jesus who was the last Arab death you cried over.

Do you even know how many Iraqis have died since bush invaded?

Its like when Obama tries to call Isis isil. What does isil stand for? Are we just suppose to know?

There is No AD it's CE (common era) and BCE (before the common era)
Common to what?
What ever happened to BC and ad?

They are still in use. Scholarship usually prefers to use CE (common era) and BCE (before common era) because that way they are not referring to the Christian AD and BC. They don't want to base the calendar around Jesus. It's silly, of course, because they still are regardless of whether they use CE or AD. It's just one of those things that left-wing college professors came up with to distance themselves from Jesus. I don't find it that big of a deal, really. You know....whatever. Sometimes I use AD and sometimes I use CE. I have much bigger concerns in my life than whether people use CE or AD. :lol:

Forum List

Back