A Couple .22 Rifles I picked up today

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
The first is a Rock Island Armory youth YT-14 18.3" barreled bolt action .22 rifle with a 10-shot mag. The muzzle is threaded 1/2-28.....I figure any threaded .22 with a decent trigger is worth a shot for $110.00.

new 004 (2).JPG

The stock has two .50" spacers so it's not a one trick pony for a Youth rifle. I painted the stock OD and added sling swivel studs and a old D-4 Weaver .22 scope.

Next up is another Ithaca M-49 single shot in .22 Magnum. I buy them when I find them for under $150. This one is a early one with a walnut stock. I gave $125.00 for it. I'll sell/trade-off the .22 Magnum example I have in a elm stock so I'll have both a .22 lr and a .22 Magnum in walnut stocks.

new 006 (2).JPG

The first is a Rock Island Armory youth YT-14 18.3" barreled bolt action .22 rifle with a 10-shot mag. The muzzle is threaded 1/2-28.....I figure any threaded .22 with a decent trigger is worth a shot for $110.00.

View attachment 806750
The stock has two .50" spacers so it's not a one trick pony for a Youth rifle. I painted the stock OD and added sling swivel studs and a old D-4 Weaver .22 scope.

Next up is another Ithaca M-49 single shot in .22 Magnum. I buy them when I find them for under $150. This one is a early one with a walnut stock. I gave $125.00 for it. I'll sell/trade-off the .22 Magnum example I have in a elm stock so I'll have both a .22 lr and a .22 Magnum in walnut stocks.

View attachment 806751
I have to lay off buying for awhile. I just put in a new covered deck and put in a new generator.

Beautiful rifles .. the .22 is so undervalued at times, and it's the gift that keeps on giving. I have a Marlin 25N that I purchased in 1988 from Service Merchandise and it still delivers 35 years later.

marlin-25n-22lr-r29966.jpg

I have a Savage Arms 22lR bolt action with a scope that cost more than the rifle did, lol. But a couple of days ago, I bought the Henry Survival Rifle.

You know, for my Bug Out Bag.

I have a Savage Arms 22lR bolt action with a scope that cost more than the rifle did, lol. But a couple of days ago, I bought the Henry Survival Rifle.

You know, for my Bug Out Bag.
I have one of the old Armalite AR-7s except the brown stock cracked through where you attach it to the receiver so I had to put a black stock on it.

R.e1005d91ffacb581281e048df4211bbd

They are fun, but IMO, a shotgun is the most fun. Rapid massive destruction. Yay!

I love massive destruction!!

But I also love spending 2 or 3 hours shooting. Plus, shotgun shells run $1 each (some cheaper). I can burn through .22 ammo at $0.12 per round.

And if you take away the recoil and lower the noise, the shooter usually pays more attention to the things that matter.

I love massive destruction!!

But I also love spending 2 or 3 hours shooting. Plus, shotgun shells run $1 each (some cheaper). I can burn through .22 ammo at $0.12 per round.

And if you take away the recoil and lower the noise, the shooter usually pays more attention to the things that matter.

That is the reason I bought my bolt action 22 with the scope that cost more than the gun itself. I wanted amazing accuracy.

View attachment 806750

View attachment 806751
Did you submit a background check before taking possession?
No?
So much for "law abiding" gun owners.

Forum List

Back