A Cop-Killer Advocate Goes Down in Flames in the Senate

This isn't about his defense during trial, no matter how much the progressives want to make it seem like it is. He had representation, and he has current representation. This is about his time as part of the NAACP that promoted releasing Mumia, or at a minimum getting him a new trial/off death row for political reasons.

You are a very smart poster, but you missed the boat on this one. Please read the prior post.

He's still trying to get a cop killer off the hook (if only the death row hook) for political reasons. They can wrap it up in the technicality of jury instructions all they want, but Mumia is a cause de celebre, and this lawyer has to stand by what he did. If we do not accept it, he shouldn't get the job, and he didn't.

Why is he trying to explain at all? If he were on the side of Angels, he would proudly BOAST he got Mumia off death row. Instead he tries to justify it with legalisms.

Debo Adegbile did his job - he exposed the fact that his sentence of death was issued wrongfully. Don't be mad at Debo Adegbile - be mad ... VERY MAD at the judge for dropping the ball.

I think that this guy was as guilty as hell, to me he deserves worse than death; doesn't matter what I think, though - there's this pesky matter of due process.

As much as I would like to prevent the Westboro baptist church from shamefully picketing solder's funerals, It's protected by our constitution. We can't just ignore the constitution and the principals of our founding fathers, just because It suits us on a particular issue.

Last edited:
The bullet removed from Jamal's body was fired from the slain Officer's weapon. The court of appeals upheld the conviction, the Supreme Court refused to take up the case affirming the conviction. There is no doubt that Jamal is guilty of murder or felony murder. Why did the Obama appointee take up the case 27 years after the conviction? He liked and admired the Cop killing monster. .

You are missing the point entirely. Of course he (Abu-Jamalwa-what-ever-the-hell-his-name) was guilty, but the sentence of death resulted from incorrect instructions to the jury.

Adegbile Was Following In The Steps Of Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, To Ensure Criminal Justice Is Administered "Without Regard To Race." The legal arguments of the NAACP LDF on behalf of condemned prisoner Mumia Abu-Jamal were not in regards to his innocence but rather to unconstitutional death sentencing jury instructions, efforts that were twice successful before the federal court of appeals.

Last edited:
You are a very smart poster, but you missed the boat on this one. Please read the prior post.

He's still trying to get a cop killer off the hook (if only the death row hook) for political reasons. They can wrap it up in the technicality of jury instructions all they want, but Mumia is a cause de celebre, and this lawyer has to stand by what he did. If we do not accept it, he shouldn't get the job, and he didn't.

Why is he trying to explain at all? If he were on the side of Angels, he would proudly BOAST he got Mumia off death row. Instead he tries to justify it with legalisms.

Debo Adegbile did his job - he exposed the fact that his sentence of death was issued wrongfully. Don't be mad at Debo Adegbile - be mad ... VERY MAD at the judge for dropping the ball.

I think that this guy was as guilty as hell, to me he deserves worse than death; doesn't matter what I think, though - there's this pesky matter of due process.

As much as I would like to prevent the Westboro baptist church from shamefully picketing solder's funerals, It's protected by our constitution. We can't just ignore the constitution and the principals of our founding fathers, just because It suits us on a particular issue.

Who's ignoring the constitution here? Adegbile's job was political in nature, and trying to get Mumia off the hook is just as political. They accepted the commutation of the DP, but they still are trying to get him released as a "political prisoner"

The westboro connotation doesn't work here, unless one of those nutters was trying for a DOJ position. Would YOU support one of those people being nominated to the same slot Adegbile was being proposed for?

And the race-baiting just keeps coming. Pictures of the scary black man, mentioning over and over that he's a black panther. The cop killer part gets relegated to an afterthought; it's the scary black man part that gets emphasized.

No, the cop killer part gets ignored by those who sympathize with that cop killing asshole, because of, you know, racism.

Its the dead cop that becomes the afterthought to progressives, which is sadly comical, because the same progressives are the ones who only want the cops to be armed.

And the race-baiting just keeps coming. Pictures of the scary black man, mentioning over and over that he's a black panther. The cop killer part gets relegated to an afterthought; it's the scary black man part that gets emphasized.

Some folks earn reputations based on their repetitious activities. Folks will likely get "scary" reputations when they commit enough "scary" acts over time. If folks want to change other folks' perceptions of them then they need to change how they approach life. Be nice; earn a living; look to the future and stop wallowing in the past; quit pulling the "race card" every time someone looks at them wrong; etc. Simple! (Oh ... and stop committing the majority of America's crimes even though they make up one of the smallest overall minority groups).

Last edited:
I know why the lefties are all wee weed up running around stomping their hooves in da ground, they consider wesley cook aka mumia abu-jamal a hero...:cuckoo:

220px-Mumia03.jpg

Black Panther COWARD
Mumia Abu-Jamal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...:D
What is it with these names, are they considered as Muslim names, and what is Barack Hussien Obama, is that considered a Muslim name also ? Back during the Vietnam war, didn't Muhamad Ali change his name to a Muslim name, and this in an attempt to get out of going to that war based on religious grounds ? Then we began seeing alot of players in the NFL begin to change their names to Muslim names, but is this out of rebellion of some kind or a real transformation into that religion, and if so who is the rebellion being directed at if it is rebellion maybe or why are they (Americans) making these transformations in larger numbers these days ?

Is Obama's name a traditional Muslim name ? I mean one has to be curious about these things don't cha think ?

Hussein gave up his American citizenship and became a citizen of Indonesia in the household of his step-father who was a Muslim.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY_Of1CKgXA]Inside Edition Helps Prove Obama Indonesian Citizen Named Barry Soetoro? - YouTube[/ame]

Glad I am not a lawyer, because with some cases that might be appointed to me, I would just have to refuse to represent them, and that is just that. Now if I did somehow take a case by appointment of, and if I figured or found in the "discovery" that my client was guilty without a doubt, then I would drop the case immediately. Money would not mean as much to me as my soul would to me, and that's a fact.

Your job as a lawyer is to represent your client in court, to the best of your abilities.

It's a very important job - If your client is innocent, you want to do everything you can to make sure he avoids a conviction. If he is guilty - you want to do the best job you can, as well, to insure that he does not walk on a technicality, all because YOU didn't do your job.

Saying that you would refuse to help "prove" a guilty man innocent is kind of dumb - If there is not enough evidence to convict, then your client SHOULD walk.

It's the way our judicial system was meant to work.

What part of the above embolded did you not understand above ? The thing I have witnessed today however, is so many lawyers representing the sickest of monsters for whom they figured out were yes "GUILTY", and yet they didn't work to not allow the person to get off afterwards, but instead worked to try and get the person off regardless of them being guilty. Now that is as dispicable as it gets, not to mention endangering a person's rep to his family and so called friends in life. Some people have no shame, and that's a fact.

What part of the above embolded did you not understand above ? The thing I have witnessed today however, is so many lawyers representing the sickest of monsters for whom they figured out were yes "GUILTY", and yet they didn't work to not allow the person to get off afterwards, but instead worked to try and get the person off regardless of them being guilty. Now that is as dispicable as it gets, not to mention endangering a person's rep to his family and so called friends in life. Some people have no shame, and that's a fact.

I've already stated my case - if you need "extra help" please contact your local courthouse.

Criminals are entitled to representation under the law. what part about that is so hard for YOU to understand?

I've already stated my case - if you need "extra help" please contact your local courthouse.

Criminals are entitled to representation under the law. what part about that is so hard for YOU to understand?

The man had "representation" and was found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. He was found guilty of a bloody murder of a man who was simply doing his job. He killed an officer of the law out of hate so he not only committed a murder but he also committed a "hate crime." End of story!

The man had "representation" and was found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. He was found guilty of a bloody murder of a man who was simply doing his job. He killed an officer of the law out of hate so he not only committed a murder but he also committed a "hate crime." End of story!

No, it's NOT the end of story! It was found that there was an impropriety in the instructions given to the jury with regards to the fucking-worthless-cop-killer's sentence of death.

It happens and NO, people can't just look the other way - it had to be dealt with.

Again, don't blame the lawyer who helped to rectify this, blame the judge who DROPPED THE BALL.

The man had "representation" and was found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt....

Legal aid is still available to someone EVEN AFTER they have been found guilty of a crime. I'm sorry if that doesn't set well with you - It's the law. Until that fine day that you can change the law - we're stuck with it. :eusa_boohoo:

No, it's NOT the end of story! It was found that there was an impropriety in the instructions given to the jury with regards to the fucking-worthless-cop-killer's sentence of death.

It happens and NO, people can't just look the other way - it had to be dealt with.

Again, don't blame the lawyer who helped to rectify this, blame the judge who DROPPED THE BALL.

The reduction of the sentence was not by the court, it was by the prosecution, because they would have had to re-do the sentencing portion 30 years later.

and this is the legal gobbley gook that lead to the death penalty being revoked:

... the jury instructions and verdict sheet in this case involved an unreasonable application of federal law. The charge and verdict form created a reasonable likelihood that the jury believed it was precluded from considering any mitigating circumstance that had not been found unanimously to exist

Stupid. The dude is qualified. The nutters are basing their vote on politics. The 7 Dems are idiot cowards who caved to loud voices from crazy people.

Of course.....USMB nutters have no ability to see it for what it is.

An advocate of cop killers? Fucking retards.

He was the director of litigation for this group, fucking retard:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt28jUVN9_k&feature=player_embedded]Introducing Mumia's New Legal team.mov - YouTube[/ame]

If they're not advocates, you don't understand what the word means, which would surprise no one......

I know why the lefties are all wee weed up running around stomping their hooves in da ground, they consider wesley cook aka mumia abu-jamal a hero...:cuckoo:

220px-Mumia03.jpg

Black Panther COWARD

You seem selective in your outrage.

The guy leading the Supreme Court advocated for a Serial Killer that took the lives of many Americans.

Where is your thread on that?

How many rallies did Roberts organize and attend on behalf of Ferguson ?...... :eusa_whistle:

220px-Mumia03.jpg

Black Panther COWARD

You seem selective in your outrage.

The guy leading the Supreme Court advocated for a Serial Killer that took the lives of many Americans.

Where is your thread on that?

How many rallies did Roberts organize and attend on behalf of Ferguson ?...... :eusa_whistle:

Mumia Abu-Jamal was not released due to any rallies OR protests!!!! This was handled by an appeals court.

On December 6, 2005, the Third Circuit Court admitted four issues for appeal of the ruling of the District Court:[77]
in relation to sentencing, whether the jury verdict form had been flawed and the judge's instructions to the jury had been confusing;
in relation to conviction and sentencing, whether racial bias in jury selection existed to an extent tending to produce an inherently biased jury and therefore an unfair trial (the Batson claim); in relation to conviction, whether the prosecutor improperly attempted to reduce jurors' sense of responsibility by telling them that a guilty verdict would be subsequently vetted and subject to appeal; and in relation to post-conviction review hearings in 1995–6, whether the presiding judge, who had also presided at the trial, demonstrated unacceptable bias in his conduct.

The Third Circuit Court heard oral arguments in the appeals on May 17, 2007, at the United States Courthouse in Philadelphia. The appeal panel consisted of Chief Judge Anthony Joseph Scirica, Judge Thomas Ambro, and Judge Robert Cowen. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania sought to reinstate the sentence of death, on the basis that Yohn's ruling was flawed, as he should have deferred to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court which had already ruled on the issue of sentencing, and the Batson claim was invalid because Abu-Jamal made no complaints during the original jury selection. Abu-Jamal's counsel told the Third Circuit Court that Abu-Jamal did not get a fair trial because the jury was both racially-biased and misinformed, and the judge was a racist.[78] The last of those claims was made based on the statement by a Philadelphia court stenographer named Terri Maurer-Carter who, in a 2001 affidavit, stated that Judge Sabo had said "Yeah, and I'm going to help them fry the ******" in the course of a conversation regarding Abu-Jamal's case.[79] Sabo denied having made any such comment.[80]

On March 27, 2008, the three-judge panel issued a majority 2–1 opinion upholding Yohn's 2001 opinion but rejecting the bias and Batson claims, with Judge Ambro dissenting on the Batson issue. On July 22, 2008, Abu-Jamal's formal petition seeking reconsideration of the decision by the full Third Circuit panel of 12 judges was denied.[81] On April 6, 2009, the United States Supreme Court also refused to hear Abu-Jamal's appeal.[8] On January 19, 2010, the Supreme Court ordered the appeals court to reconsider its decision to rescind the death penalty,[9][82] with the same three-judge panel convening in Philadelphia on November 9, 2010, to hear oral argument.[83][84] On April 26, 2011, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals reaffirmed its prior decision to vacate the death sentence on the grounds that the jury instructions and verdict form were ambiguous and confusing.
Death penalty dropped[edit]

On December 7, 2011, Philadelphia District Attorney R. Seth Williams announced that prosecutors would no longer seek the death penalty for Abu-Jamal.[11] Williams said that Abu-Jamal will spend the rest of his life in prison without the possibility of parole,[85] a sentence that was duly reaffirmed by the Superior Court of Pennsylvania on July 9, 2013.[86]

Funny the right didn't have any problem, whatsoever, with Justice John Roberts.

SHELTON: I think he is in very good company. As you know, John Adams in our history very well represented British soldiers after the war. We also know that John Roberts represented a serial killer in Florida.

So indeed, we expect our good lawyers to be able to represent any American person that needs that kind of defense, our adversarial system and our democracy deserves no less.
Hilary O. Shelton defends Justice Department nominee | Interviews | Fox News
Three months ago, John Errol Ferguson was executed for one of the worst mass murders in Florida’s history. After tricking his way into a woman’s home, he eventually bound, blindfolded and shot eight people. Six of them died. While under indictment for those crimes, Ferguson murdered two teenagers on their way to church.

Ferguson might have been executed earlier, but his attorneys, one of whom was later rewarded with a position of unparalleled influence in the U.S. government, argued Ferguson was mentally ill and dragged out the process for years.

What kind of person would defend a butcher with the blood of eight people on his hands?

It was Chief Justice John Roberts, who devoted 25 pro bono hours to Ferguson’s case when he was working in private practice. Later, when Roberts was nominated to the nation’s highest court, his work on the Ferguson case wasn’t seen by anyone as a hinderance. “A good lawyer like John Roberts may not share the client’s priorities, they might not share the client’s worldview, what they’re committed to is the application of rights under law,” says Charles Geyh, an expert on legal ethics and professor at the Indiana University School of Law.
A past client is used against an Obama nominee | MSNBC

It was never about a "cop killer". This guy is one of the top civil rights lawyers in the nation. His record is "stellar". This is merely a "preemptive" strike.

Forum List

Back