A call for some Agreement & Unity....maybe.....

Look, my fellow posters, like it or not, President Obama will be sitting in the oval office for another 2 years.........That stated, there should be something, anything, that he must have done right for this country, don't you think?

So here's, the challenge to our right wing friends on this forum....."Can you sincerely and genuinely name THREE policies initiated by Obama that you would deem praiseworthy?

(In a show and spirit of bi-partisanship, I can readily praise GWB for his efforts and money allocated toward curbing the dreaded spread of the HIV in poor African countries.)

1. Renewable energy. Solar and wind are entering the big time and will likely become a respectable portion of our energy needs. Obama will be remembered as someone that made this possible.

2. Obamas support for space-x. If Musk is successful with reusing the 1st stage. Well, space flight will be half the cost or maybe even less.

3. Obama's williness to go after terrorist with drones and the killing of Osama.

Here is 3 things I agree with him on.

Obama will be remembered as someone that made this possible.

Yes, I'll remember his huge waste of money pushing unreliable "green energy".

When solar and wind make up 25% of our energy needs in 15 years...Well, you won't be saying it was unreliable or a waste of money.

That's because that will never happen.

Look, my fellow posters, like it or not, President Obama will be sitting in the oval office for another 2 years.........That stated, there should be something, anything, that he must have done right for this country, don't you think?

So here's, the challenge to our right wing friends on this forum....."Can you sincerely and genuinely name THREE policies initiated by Obama that you would deem praiseworthy?

(In a show and spirit of bi-partisanship, I can readily praise GWB for his efforts and money allocated toward curbing the dreaded spread of the HIV in poor African countries.)

That's one where's your other two, in the spirit of bipartisanship of course.

1. Renewable energy. Solar and wind are entering the big time and will likely become a respectable portion of our energy needs. Obama will be remembered as someone that made this possible.

2. Obamas support for space-x. If Musk is successful with reusing the 1st stage. Well, space flight will be half the cost or maybe even less.

3. Obama's williness to go after terrorist with drones and the killing of Osama.

When solar and wind make up 25% of our energy needs in 15 years...Well, you won't be saying it was unreliable or a waste of money.
but its not oil and it doesnt make smoke so therefore it sucks

If it's such a great source of energy, then why does it need so much government subsidies?

If it's such a great source of energy, then why does it need so much government subsidies?

Why does nuclear? Why does coal and oil??? I don't have a problem with subsidies but lets be honest.

If I had to pick the single best thing Obama has done during his presidency, it would easily be his.

demonstration of common core nowledge[sic] of American geography by proudly announcing his visitation of 57 states...with ONLY one or two left to go on his campaign trail.

That was priceless. The dumb muslim bastard.
So you're ignoring my post? Quoting me for no reason?

I used part of your post...you should feel honored.

Why does nuclear? Why does coal and oil??? I don't have a problem with subsidies but lets be honest.

Nuclear receives subsidies because of the cold war. Coal and oil don't. That's liberal propaganda.

As long as we end the idiotic tax subsidies, feel free to install all the expensive, unreliable "green energy" you want. It'll still only be a few % of our use.
25%? LOL! That's liberal level bad math.

I'd love to see the oil and coal subsidies.
Before you find them, writing off a typical business expense is not a subsidy.

I don't have a problem with subsidies

We've noticed.

Nuclear receives subsidies because of the cold war. Coal and oil don't. That's liberal propaganda.

As of July 2014, Oil Change International estimates U.S. fossil fuel subsidies at $37.5 billion annually, including $21 billion in production and exploration subsidies.

Coal subsidies in the Energy Policy Act of 2005 amount to over $11 billion.

Under current regulations, coal companies pay royalties on the first sale to another company after mining coal on federal land. The coal then can be bought and sold multiple times until it reaches a final destination and is sold to an end user, such as a power plant where it is burned for electricity. By building up hundreds of subsidiaries, coal companies have been able to sell to their own companies and partners, allegedly paying royalties based on an artificially low sale price. The CAP analysis presents evidence that captive transactions are common practice in the coal industry and regularly exploited to evade royalty payments and maximize subsidies.

Congressional Republicans—who once voted unanimously to retain oil tax breaks now seem to be backing off their defense of the indefensible. Both House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) and Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) have said, albeit in vague terms, that they now support rolling back oil and gas tax subsidies. A growing number of rank-and-file Republicans have echoed these comments.

he allowed open carry in national parks

and that's it

everything else led to increased debt and the removal of freedom

there's a couple of things he could have done, that he promised to do, but lied and didn't do them or did the opposite.

everything else led to increased debt and the removal of freedom

You know, someone has to pay the $3 trillion for the Iraq war......

(P.S..................So, they allow you to post from that cell of yours?)

since when is a war an excuse for tyranny?

why do you hate freedom?

Well, then, I feel real bad for you.......I'm both free and don't believe that I'm under any tyrannical rule.........Sorry about the fact that you feel you're in chains and restricted to some cell......Maybe parole soon?

Did they break BOTH your thumbs while incarcerated...???? (LOL)

As of July 2014, Oil Change International estimates U.S. fossil fuel subsidies at $37.5 billion annually, including $21 billion in production and exploration subsidies.

Coal subsidies in the Energy Policy Act of 2005 amount to over $11 billion.

Of course, that's all bullshit. Oil Change International is a leftist propaganda organ. Its credibility is zero.

Forum List

Back