A call for some Agreement & Unity....maybe.....

Thanks for the list of things that aren't subsidies.

So a tax break is a subsidy and energy companies get tax breaks ,but they aren't subsidies?

I know it sucks to find out you have been lied to but don't worry the grief will pass.

So a tax break is a subsidy

Writing off a business expense, which all businesses do, is not an oil company subsidy.

I know it sucks to find out you have been lied to

Liberals lie to me all the time.
Like on this thread, they lied about oil subsidies.
But their lies don't fool me.

Well, perhaps we can settle with the old, toma-toe...tomay-toe axiom.....

When can we begin calling some campaign contributions, bribes?

Citizens United took it way past bribes.

Your posts give me some hope that this forum is not completely dominated by right wing zealots.....Thanks.

Thanks to you as well. I'm new here but not to the forum world. Too many boring zelots at the last one.It was your posts as well as others that makes this place interesting.

Thanks for the list of things that aren't subsidies.

So a tax break is a subsidy and energy companies get tax breaks ,but they aren't subsidies?

I know it sucks to find out you have been lied to but don't worry the grief will pass.

So a tax break is a subsidy

Writing off a business expense, which all businesses do, is not an oil company subsidy.

I know it sucks to find out you have been lied to

Liberals lie to me all the time.
Like on this thread, they lied about oil subsidies.
But their lies don't fool me.

Well, perhaps we can settle with the old, toma-toe...tomay-toe axiom.....

When can we begin calling some campaign contributions, bribes?

Citizens United took it way past bribes.

Your posts give me some hope that this forum is not completely dominated by right wing zealots.....Thanks.

You've found the other idiot on this thread.
I'm sure you'll be very happy together.

You've found the other idiot on this thread.
I'm sure you'll be very happy together.

Well, couldn't let your ilk be on here alone to just compare prices and upcoming sales on sheets and pointed hoods.

obama and Democrats have retained nearly every single Bush/Republican policy; especially the ones they insist were so "disastrous"; but you'd never know it listening or reading their self-delusions. so it's laughable on its very face for the Left to "challenge" the Right to find something about obama they like and can work with. We already have; you just dont admit it what with all the talking points about "obstruction" and all.
libs are losers who lie to themselves about virtually everything

I know, I well know that you don't believe ANYTHING posted by the Daily Kos....but just for "fun":

Republican obstructionism isn’t exactly new in Washington, D.C. It’s been all the rage since Barack Obama was elected President. Since then, a majority of Republicans have gone to great lengths in an attempt to torpedo his Presidency.
The twisted irony is this: Many of the ideas President Obama and the Democrats have tried to put forth were actually Republican ideas first. So when you think about it, finding common ground and passing legislation that might, you know, help the American people, would be possible if Republicans weren’t hell-bent on attacking President Obama.

Here are 10 examples:

1. The Obamacare individual mandate. Before they became obsessed with bringing down Obamacare, Republicans had the idea of a free-rider fee for people who can afford health insurance but refuse to buy it, also known as the individual mandate. The free-rider fee is part of “Romneycare” in Massachusetts.
2. End-of-life counseling. Republicans also used to include counseling for end-of-life issues in their own healthcare proposals. But when President Obama liked the idea? Well, he just wants to kill your grandparents. Oh, and by the way, the so-called “death panels” are nothing of the kind. It’s simply about giving patients and their families the information they need to make the best decisions about the end-of-life care they want.
3. Donor disclosure. Before they opposed the DISCLOSE Act, Republican Congressional leaders were all for transparency in campaign contributions. How can we forget House GOP leader John Boehner proclaiming that “sunlight is the best disinfectant”?
4. Clean energy. There was once a day when Congressional Republicans made clean energy a priority. They supported national energy laboratories, hybrid-vehicle manufacturers and the development of electric car batteries. Now, of course, they want nothing to do with clean energy. After all, there are plenty of climate-change deniers to claim there’s no reason to make the investment.
5. Medicare cost savings. Before they accused Obamacare of “cutting” $700 billion from Medicare, Republicans in Congress proposed the same $700 billion in savings from reducing waste and inefficiencies in Medicare. But unlike the cuts made by Obamacare, which come from eliminating excess payments to providers (not patients), the GOP wanted to use the money for more tax cuts for the wealthy. Not to mention that Republicans have been trying to make cuts to Medicare for years, and still are. Vouchers, anyone?
6. Deficit-reduction commission. This one’s downright blatant. Republicans in Congress voted against their own bill to create a deficit-reduction commission because, according to a former GOP senator, they wanted to “stick it to the president.”
7. Welfare flexibility. After wanting more flexibility to eliminate red tape and move people out of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program and into jobs, Mitt Romney, GOP governors and Congressional Republicans fought the idea when the Obama Administration proposed it.
8. Nuclear START treaty. Before they tried to block the nuclear START treaty negotiated by the Obama Administration, Republican leaders supported it under Presidents Reagan and Bush.
9. Gun violence prevention. Republicans in Congress helped President Reagan pass the Brady Bill establishing a national gun purchase background check system and pass a ban on military-style assault weapons. Now Republicans in Congress
oppose restoring the ban, and voted against closing the background check loophole that lets criminals buy guns easily at gun shows and over the Internet.
10. Upholding the Constitution. Many Republicans — especially Conservatives — say they live by the Constitution. But they can’t seem to make up their minds about the Constitution’s eligibility requirements to serve as President. Conservatives have, and still do, argue that if President Obama were born in a foreign country (which he wasn’t) to his American mother, he’d be ineligible to be President. But they don’t seem to have a problem with Tea Party darling Senator Ted Cruz running for President — even though he actually was born in a foreign country to an American mother.
[ courtesy of Daily Kos]

you really are a joke

you want to talk about hypocrisy? republicans supposedly voted against the deficit reduction commisson?

actually it was obama's idea; and he followed NOT ONE of it's recommendations when they were done wioth their findings.

seriously how much of a joke are you? how pathetic when you need to lie even when you think you are rebutting something?

the race card

how boring

and ignorant
k5565173.jpg

you really are a joke

you want to talk about hypocrisy? republicans supposedly voted against the deficit reduction commisson?

actually it was obama's idea; and he followed NOT ONE of it's recommendations when they were done wioth their findings.

seriously how much of a joke are you? how pathetic when you need to lie even when you think you are rebutting something?

k5565173.jpg

If I had to pick the single best thing Obama has done during his presidency, it would easily be his protection of illegal immigrants by executive order.
The American Action Forum, which is on the right-of-center in political terms, has calculated the cost the deportation of all current illegals and the prevention of another wave crossing the border.
The costs are huge. The deportation of 11.2 million illegal immigrants would take 20 years and cost the government $400-600 billion and would cause our GDP to drop by $1.6 trillion. It would wipe 5.7% of economic growth. These are also fairly conservative estimates, as they don't factor in infrastructure costs.

The costs are huge. The deportation of 11.2 million illegal immigrants would take 20 years and cost the government $400-600 billion

I could do it in 6 months, save us tens of billions and reduce our CO2 output.
how?....lets hear it Todd....i want to hear how you will clear out that many people in 6 months....

If I had to pick the single best thing Obama has done during his presidency, it would easily be his protection of illegal immigrants by executive order.
The American Action Forum, which is on the right-of-center in political terms, has calculated the cost the deportation of all current illegals and the prevention of another wave crossing the border.
The costs are huge. The deportation of 11.2 million illegal immigrants would take 20 years and cost the government $400-600 billion and would cause our GDP to drop by $1.6 trillion. It would wipe 5.7% of economic growth. These are also fairly conservative estimates, as they don't factor in infrastructure costs.

The costs are huge. The deportation of 11.2 million illegal immigrants would take 20 years and cost the government $400-600 billion

I could do it in 6 months, save us tens of billions and reduce our CO2 output.

LOL! Truman deported 1.1 million illegals in 1954.

We could end welfare and send illegals back in their own personal limousines.
only a 127,000 were formally deported and more than 3.2 million left voluntarily rather than face deportation — a total of nearly 3.4 million......

since when is a war an excuse for tyranny?

why do you hate freedom?

Well, then, I feel real bad for you.......I'm both free and don't believe that I'm under any tyrannical rule.........Sorry about the fact that you feel you're in chains and restricted to some cell......Maybe parole soon?
then you are sheep, you are exactly the kind of unthinking pet that leftist love having on their team.

and remeber;
4 legs good
2 legs better

Forum List

Back