A Brief Lesson on Tariffs

Can someone start by telling me how it is good for America to have huge trade deficits? Why is that desirable to the left?

Because it makes us poor, and the left want's us poor.
^ says that while living in the wealthiest nation in the entire history of mankind

Indeed. Thanks to the capitalist system. For all of its faults, and there are many, the capitalist system generates more wealth, for more people, than any other system the world has ever seen. That's why progressives hate it. People who aren't poor, can't be herded like sheep. Progressives require sheep.
You can't attack progressives while being one yourself. Tariffs are not a capitalist concept. The rest of your post is beyond garbage. How did you become a mod? :cuckoo:

I'm not a progressive. I am a classic liberal. Learn the difference. I became a Mod because I'm smarter than you.
A classic liberal? Are there any conservative mods?

Because it makes us poor, and the left want's us poor.
^ says that while living in the wealthiest nation in the entire history of mankind

Indeed. Thanks to the capitalist system. For all of its faults, and there are many, the capitalist system generates more wealth, for more people, than any other system the world has ever seen. That's why progressives hate it. People who aren't poor, can't be herded like sheep. Progressives require sheep.
You can't attack progressives while being one yourself. Tariffs are not a capitalist concept. The rest of your post is beyond garbage. How did you become a mod? :cuckoo:

I'm not a progressive. I am a classic liberal. Learn the difference. I became a Mod because I'm smarter than you.
A classic liberal? Are there any conservative mods?

Pretty sure the one that banned me for 5 days is!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Librards are unbelievable they bitch about rich CEOs sending good paying jobs overseas, then bitch about tariffs to create/ keep jobs here.. because it will cost more.. you can't have it both ways.

Can someone start by telling me how it is good for America to have huge trade deficits? Why is that desirable to the left?

Can you explain how the Smoot-Hawley Act helped US workers during the Great Depression?

SEE ^^^^^^^

I rest my case ... STUPID.

No you are the stupid fuck..

Why are you against a living wage for American workers? Once again you want cheap shit from China and fuck American made ones.

COORS MAKES 13 MILLION ALUMINUM CANS a day - that tariff increases the cost of overhead ... two things happen to offset the incerase

Coors is loyal to shareholders, not employees.

buy a cheaper product
or
cut workers wages

trump is a fucking idiot just like his collective of drones that kiss his ass.

This is what I don't get about you guys, tariffs and a higher minimum wage is basically the same thing to me, a tax that's all it is..with tariffs a select few products cost me more, with minimum wage everything cost me a little bit more and pennies add up to dollars.

you want a min wage thread - start one

Tumps tariffs are as F'd up as he is

take a wild guess how much steel US auto manufacturers use in one day - now tell everyone how they make up that tariff increase

but you cant because youre an idiot.

Transaction~ you don't want to admit tariffs and a higher minimum wage are the same thing to an average worker like me.

Higher minimum wage = screws me

Tariffs = screws me but not as bad.
Tariffs can easily cost you far more.

Librards are unbelievable they bitch about rich CEOs sending good paying jobs overseas, then bitch about tariffs to create/ keep jobs here.. because it will cost more.. you can't have it both ways.
Tariffs always cost more jobs than they create, what don’t you get?

Then why dew other countries place tariffs on the US?

I see you refuse to study and acknowledge US history and tariffs in the 1800s why is that?

For the tax dollars.
So it’s good for other countries to place tariffs on the US and for there to be huge trade deficits and that’s good for the US? Why?

For the tax dollars.

So in your world a Harley that cost here say 20 grand is bad , but that same Harley in say China cost 80 grand is good?

Uhm maybe that's why they started to move productions and jobs overseas to get around the tariffs..

No?

For the tax dollars.
So it’s good for other countries to place tariffs on the US and for there to be huge trade deficits and that’s good for the US? Why?
You understand we have to largest economy in the world? Other countries can stunt their economy if they want. Economists agree tariffs are bad.

I see you refuse to study and acknowledge US history and tariffs in the 1800s why is that?
I have. I have studied many years. Many blame tariffs for the Great Depression. Why go back to the 1800s when we have recent failures to reference? Bush steel tariffs were a disaster.

For the tax dollars.
You understand we have to largest economy in the world? Other countries can stunt their economy if they want. Economists agree tariffs are bad.
You understand China is rapidly overcoming our economy?

For the tax dollars.

It's still the same with you like a broken record, fuck American workers and good paying jobs, you want and demand low quality , low price goods from Asia where their is no EPA or the rules and regulations here...

You are taking advantage of them.

You are the greedy one.

For the tax dollars.

It's still the same with you like a broken record, fuck American workers and good paying jobs, you want and demand low quality , low price goods from Asia where their is no EPA or the rules and regulations here...

You are taking advantage of them.
Tariffs cost jobs. Your claims are fantasy.

It is trade... US has money and they want goods, so they buy them...

You personally have a trade deficit with Wal Mart.

Actually it used to be the left that that argued for tarrifs and Right were about free trade...

I have. I have studied many years. Many blame tariffs for the Great Depression. Why go back to the 1800s when we have recent failures to reference? Bush steel tariffs were a disaster.

If you did you would know tariffs built this country. Once again we didn't have a federal income tax to what 1913?

Forum List

Back