A Brief Lesson on Tariffs

BlackFlag

Gold Member
Apr 22, 2014
America
Earlier this year Trump announced a big ol' MAGA tariff on solar panels imported from China. This was great news for the U.S. solar industry, who later announced $1 billion in investment and job hires! However, this was bad news for the U.S. solar industry, who later announced $2.5 billion in investment and jobs losses. Thank you for joining me, in today's brief lesson on tariffs. :11_2_1043:

Billions in U.S. solar projects shelved after Trump panel tariff

Earlier this year Trump announced a big ol' MAGA tariff on solar panels imported from China. This was great news for the U.S. solar industry, who later announced $1 billion in investment and job hires! However, this was bad news for the U.S. solar industry, who later announced $2.5 billion in investment and jobs losses. Thank you for joining me, in today's brief lesson on tariffs. :11_2_1043:

/----/ From your link:
‘A LOT OF ROBOTS’
Trump’s tariff has boosted the domestic manufacturing sector as intended, which over time could significantly raise U.S. panel production and reduce prices.

Panel manufacturers First Solar (FSLR.O) and JinkoSolar (JKS.N), for example, have announced plans to spend $800 million on projects to increase panel construction in the United States since the tariff, creating about 700 new jobs in Ohio and Florida. Just last week, Korea’s Hanwha Q CELLS (HQCL.O) joined them, saying it will open a solar module factory in Georgia next year, though it did not detail job creation.

SunPower Corp, meanwhile, purchased U.S. manufacturer SolarWorld’s Oregon factory after the tariff was announced, saving that facility’s 280 jobs. The company said it plans to hire more people at the plant to expand operations, without specifying how many.

You should contact Canada, EU and China than and tell the sob's to decrease their tariffs, we both agree they are bad!

Problem is, they are necessary because of all the nations who exploit America, your taxpayers and workers. Just look at what happened to me because of these dirty animals.

Can someone start by telling me how it is good for America to have huge trade deficits? Why is that desirable to the left?
/----/ Anything that weakens America is good for the Left. They got a great talking point, LOOK AT OUR TRADE DEFICIT. WHY WON'T THE REPUBLICANS FIX IT?" and ran with it for years.

That’s how they work.

Can someone start by telling me how it is good for America to have huge trade deficits? Why is that desirable to the left?
We have had them for a long time. What is the negative? Countries are sending us their resources for dirt cheap.

This is so silly and sad. Wanna try to sell U.S.-made solar panels and technology in China? Guess what you'll pay to do so? You see, why is it that it's bad for us to do the same thing that China and many other nations have been doing for decades, namely, protecting their industries with tariffs?

Now, if the free traders don't succeed in overturning this tariff, the U.S. market will adjust to the tariff rates and our solar-panel industry will be just fine.

Here's a lesson in tariffs for you: We became an industrial and economic powerhouse behind the protection of high tariffs for decades. In fact, from the 1850s until the 1960s, the Republican Party was the champion of protective tariffs. Such notable Republicans as Abrham Lincoln, Ulysses Grant, Rutherford B. Hayes, William Howard Taft, Calvin Coolidge, and Robert Taft ("Mr. Republican" in the 1940s and 50s) supported protective tariffs.

Could you tell us why it is bad?

You have a huge trade deficit with your local grocery store, you always give them Money and all you get back is stuff....just like the US trade deficit

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

what leads anyone to believe the same group of idiots who dont know the difference between debt and deficit has a freakin' clue about trade deficits ?

levy a tariff on your biggest ally in the world - STUPID MF'R ... STUPID.

END OF STORY

Translation~ they don't want to pay a living wage to American workers ...from the link

That’s more than double the about $1 billion in new spending plans announced by firms building or expanding U.S. solar panel factories to take advantage of the tax on imports.

what leads anyone to believe the same group of idiots who dont know the difference between debt and deficit has a freakin' clue about trade deficits ?

END OF STORY

Why don't you want workers to have a living wage ?

END OF STORY

SEE ^^^^^^^

I rest my case ... STUPID.

Canada has tariffs on us. They only got rid of some after NAFTA
Doesnt china have a 100% tariff on our poultry?
Hek, we have 12,000 tariffs right now. Why is it all of a sudden so bad?

END OF STORY

SEE ^^^^^^^

No you are the stupid fuck..

Why are you against a living wage for American workers? Once again you want cheap shit from China and fuck American made ones.

Chinese Firm Announces U.S. Solar Plant, a Week After Trump Tariffs

A Brief Lesson on Tariffs

Quit waving your flag. Here's all you need to know about tariffs:

U.S._Trade_Balance_(1895–2015)_and_Trade_Policies.png

END OF STORY

SEE ^^^^^^^

No you are the stupid fuck..

Why are you against a living wage for American workers? Once again you want cheap shit from China and fuck American made ones.

Probably the same stupid ass who worked at a dodge plant in Illinois and bought a Toyota and wonder why he lost his job.

/----/ From your link:
‘A LOT OF ROBOTS’
Trump’s tariff has boosted the domestic manufacturing sector as intended, which over time could significantly raise U.S. panel production and reduce prices.

Panel manufacturers First Solar (FSLR.O) and JinkoSolar (JKS.N), for example, have announced plans to spend $800 million on projects to increase panel construction in the United States since the tariff, creating about 700 new jobs in Ohio and Florida. Just last week, Korea’s Hanwha Q CELLS (HQCL.O) joined them, saying it will open a solar module factory in Georgia next year, though it did not detail job creation.

SunPower Corp, meanwhile, purchased U.S. manufacturer SolarWorld’s Oregon factory after the tariff was announced, saving that facility’s 280 jobs. The company said it plans to hire more people at the plant to expand operations, without specifying how many.
Less overall production and more lost jobs. Prices all around go up = less demand = less production. Wealth destruction.

You should contact Canada, EU and China than and tell the sob's to decrease their tariffs, we both agree they are bad!
Those nations hurt themselves with their tariffs far more than America. Consider the EU, that has almost double the population of the U.S. but cannot match its GDP. Same with Canada, with a worse GDP per capita. Then China, with a far worse GDP per capita and hundreds of millions living in conditions that the average American would consider atrocious.

Forum List

Back