A baseball stadium is a politics free zone.

The Female Factor?

Women's volleyball is producing exciting team-play in the FIVB (international), as a tough US women's squad has managed to top high-ranked Netherlands after losing 5-set nail-biters to Italy and China.

Women's sports (especially on the international stage) is a nice 'platform' for the discussion of politically-neutral and religiously/culturally inoffensive/invulnerable culture-exchange 'dialogue' (e.g., Serena Williams vs. Maria Sharapova).

IMO, international women's sports is the global equivalent of American baseball in this respect, so what would a bifurcated Shiva (Hindu god of destruction) argue (with himself) regarding Dutch women's volleyball players watching the St. Louis Cardinals or the Philadelphia Phillies on American TV?

Cheers,

View attachment 139802

====

SHIVA: The Americans made a tough-showing against the Dutch this year.
SHIVO: Yes, Netherlands was very strong, but the Americans were very gritty.
SHIVA: This good after the Americans' heart-breaking losses to China and Italy.
SHIVO: Both of those difficult and show-stopping defeats were edgy 5-set matches...
SHIVA: I wonder what women's basketball television coverage will gain...
SHIVO: International female sports' media coverage is good for American interest in sports television!
SHIVA: There's nothing like female sports for culture-contact and globalization 'activity.'
SHIVO: Yes, men always produce horrors like Munich and Tyson-Holyfield.
SHIVA: That's why America's strong-showing in the women's World Cup (soccer) is as beautiful as American baseball...

====

:dance:

View attachment 139803

I will take womens vollyball ANY DAY OF THE YEAR over the corrupt MLB and NFL.:thup: give me the classic days of the 70's and 80's then these two sports were not corrupt as they are now.i pretty much just get on the net and buy the classics these days these sports have become so corrupt. never will forget the good old days since i had cable i would turn on the set and watch ryan sandburg of the cubs play in classic wrigley field and you would see the good old game of the week as well on saturdays like the classic yankees and red sox showdowns. made you care about seeing that game. man i miss the good old days.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back