A baseball stadium is a politics free zone.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Took the family to watch the Diamondbacks play the Rockies yesterday at Chase Field. Great game pretty near sold out. Lots of Veterans tributes, then after the game they opened the roof (which is pretty cool to see in itself!) and gave us a fireworks show right over the stadium.

If nothing else, baseball is a great refuge from the banalities of life and politics. I didn't hear Trump, Liberal or Conservative one time. I didn't think about work or any of my goofed up relatives. We gotta go to some more games.

yeah they are a great escape from the reality of our corrupt government we have. speaking of baseball STADIUMS,the game is ruined now.I used to watch the playoffs and world series no matter who was in it growing up,now though unless it is a certain team i like,i dont watch it. It has been ruined with owners greed not caring about history tearing down classic ballparks like yankee stadium,comisky park,tiger stadium,ect,ect plus players dont stick with one team anymore like they used to .the game sucks now same as the NFL.

chase field is a nice ballpark but these newer ones like arizonas and the new tiger stadium suck,they feel more like a shopping mall than a ballpark hense why they are called STADIUMS now.:mad:

Took the family to watch the Diamondbacks play the Rockies yesterday at Chase Field. Great game pretty near sold out. Lots of Veterans tributes, then after the game they opened the roof (which is pretty cool to see in itself!) and gave us a fireworks show right over the stadium.

If nothing else, baseball is a great refuge from the banalities of life and politics. I didn't hear Trump, Liberal or Conservative one time. I didn't think about work or any of my goofed up relatives. We gotta go to some more games.

I go to minor league games quite often. Nice to go somewhere and relax and enjoy the atmosphere.

Nothing is sacred to liberals. They will politicize everything including sports. Just look what happened to the NFL.

yeah they are a great escape from the reality of our corrupt government we have. speaking of baseball STADIUMS,the game is ruined now.I used to watch the playoffs and world series no matter who was in it growing up,now though unless it is a certain team i like,i dont watch it. It has been ruined with owners greed not caring about history tearing down classic ballparks like yankee stadium,comisky park,tiger stadium,ect,ect plus players dont stick with one team anymore like they used to .the game sucks now same as the NFL.

chase field is a nice ballpark but these newer ones like arizonas and the new tiger stadium suck,they feel more like a shopping mall than a ballpark hense why they are called STADIUMS now.:mad:
Most of the new stadiums are awesome designs, incorporating the shape of the game with the aesthetic of the city's skyline.
What's more, baseball has not sold out to TV mental-midget fans the way the NFL did. It's essentially the same rules as it was over 100 years ago (except for that damned AL DH). That means records are still genuine.

I go to minor league games quite often. Nice to go somewhere and relax and enjoy the atmosphere.
Indianapolis Indians and Quad Cities (IA) River Bandits have great ballpark designs.

On my minor league vacation in 2011, one of the games I saw was a game in Indianapolis. On my way back home I finished my roadtrip by watching an MLB game in Pittsburgh. The left side of the Indianapolis infield I watched on Tuesday were called up and were playing in the Pirates MLB game I saw that Friday. Ronnie Cedeno and Pedro Alvarez. Pretty cool!

DFA0ea3XoAAj0Sq.jpg

Nothing is sacred to liberals. They will politicize everything including sports. Just look what happened to the NFL.
This liberal has nothing to do with sports, try again to make innocent people guilty because you are too intellectually lazy to pinpoint the real folks that you have a problem with..

Indianapolis Indians and Quad Cities (IA) River Bandits have great ballpark designs.

I love the Indianapolis ballpark, great design and nice atmosphere. Salem, OR has a nice park and so does Spokane, WA.

I love the Indianapolis ballpark, great design and nice atmosphere. Salem, OR has a nice park and so does Spokane, WA.
Indy was designed by the guy who created the first of the new ballparks, Camden Yards in Baltimore. Pittsburgh then designed PNC after Indy.
I haven't done a west trip yet. A baseball junky buddy strongly recommends Reno.

Back to the thread topic...
unfortunately, democrats have to inject their intolerance even into baseball.
The first few years of the Washington Nationals, the team downplayed the historic W logo and opted for the alternate DC logo because George W Bush was president. After he left office they returned to the W logo exclusively.
The joke was on them as the DC logo could be construed as standing for Dick Cheney!
LOL!!

The Female Factor?

Women's volleyball is producing exciting team-play in the FIVB (international), as a tough US women's squad has managed to top high-ranked Netherlands after losing 5-set nail-biters to Italy and China.

Women's sports (especially on the international stage) is a nice 'platform' for the discussion of politically-neutral and religiously/culturally inoffensive/invulnerable culture-exchange 'dialogue' (e.g., Serena Williams vs. Maria Sharapova).

IMO, international women's sports is the global equivalent of American baseball in this respect, so what would a bifurcated Shiva (Hindu god of destruction) argue (with himself) regarding Dutch women's volleyball players watching the St. Louis Cardinals or the Philadelphia Phillies on American TV?

Cheers,

2shivas.jpg

====

SHIVA: The Americans made a tough-showing against the Dutch this year.
SHIVO: Yes, Netherlands was very strong, but the Americans were very gritty.
SHIVA: This good after the Americans' heart-breaking losses to China and Italy.
SHIVO: Both of those difficult and show-stopping defeats were edgy 5-set matches...
SHIVA: I wonder what women's basketball television coverage will gain...
SHIVO: International female sports' media coverage is good for American interest in sports television!
SHIVA: There's nothing like female sports for culture-contact and globalization 'activity.'
SHIVO: Yes, men always produce horrors like Munich and Tyson-Holyfield.
SHIVA: That's why America's strong-showing in the women's World Cup (soccer) is as beautiful as American baseball...

====

:dance:

fivb.jpg

The one unfortunate thing about Phoenix baseball is the need for a dome. Haven't been to a game in quite a while (the D-Backs initial season) but one of two things I most remember is between innings I felt like I was in a virtual reality game. The commercials on the video boards were impossible to ignore and there was a total lack of any connection to the city by being enclosed.

I've been to games at old Cleveland Municipal Stadium and at Detroit's Tiger Stadium which probably accounts for the second memory. I recall after the D-Backs game had just concluded and walking in the crowd down the concourse. An eerie feeling struck me that I've never been amongst so many other white people. The lack of diversity just felt uncomfortably weird.

Last edited:
Baseball is boring as fuck and is full of overpaid nut scratching jocks with very little value to society..

about the ONLY time you ever spoke the truth.:thup:
baseball is boring as hell on tv that cant be disputed,in real life much different story.I still stand by my original post how the game sucks though today.fuck the MLB same as NFL.

Forum List

Back