9th Circuit Says Medical Marijuana Cardholders Have No Second Amendment Rights

The 9th circuit is wrong on this one. Everyone has a right to the second amendment besides the extreme mentally ill.
I imagine this has you Leftists in a quandary. You hate the 2nd Amendment but you love drugs and while you deny the clear constitutional right to have guns, you're sure there's a constitutional right to get baked. A decision like this must have you twats tied in a pretzel.

exactly

The 9th circuit is wrong on this one. Everyone has a right to the second amendment besides the extreme mentally ill.
I imagine this has you Leftists in a quandary. You hate the 2nd Amendment but you love drugs and while you deny the clear constitutional right to have guns, you're sure there's a constitutional right to get baked. A decision like this must have you twats tied in a pretzel.

Wrong, I have just as much right to a gun as I have to be baked. You're the one that don't want me to be baked.

Wrong, I have just as much right to a gun as I have to be baked. You're the one that don't want me to be baked.

actually the federal government doesnt want you to be baked

in addition they say those who get baked

cant buy a firearm legally

You don't have the right to be baked and felons have no right to guns.

Glorious, isn't it?

No right to be "baked" huh?

Diga me Tonto --- on what basis does the government have the right to ban a plant --- part of Nature, "God's creation" --- that has been used by humans for seven thousand years? Hm?

Diga me Tonto --- on what basis does the government have the right to ban a plant --- part of Nature, "God's creation" --- that has been used by humans for seven thousand years? Hm?
I forgot that government has only a 6000 year limit when banning practices. I guess they have to legalize murder, robbery, and prostitution too according to your convoluted logic.

Yesterday a federal appeals court ruled that banning gun sales to people who hold medical marijuana cards, whether or not they actually use marijuana, does not violate their Second Amendment rights....

The case, Wilson v. Lynch, involves a Nevada woman, Rowan Wilson, who in 2011 tried to buy a firearm from a gun shop in Mound House, a tiny town in Lyon County, but was turned away because the owner, Frederick Hauser, knew she had recently obtained a medical marijuana registry card from the state Department of Health and Human Services. Hauser had just received a letter from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) that said anyone who uses marijuana as a medicine, "regardless of whether his or her State has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal purposes," qualifies as an "unlawful user of a controlled substance" and is therefore forbidden to buy or possess guns under 18 USC 922.
9th Circuit Says Medical Marijuana Cardholders Have No Second Amendment Rights

I recall bringing this up some time ago - state legalization of a drug does not nullify federal law
Federal law is clear -- you lose your right to buy a gun if you use an illegal drug.
So... do you agree/disagree with the 9th circuit ruling, as medical MJ is legal in NV, but illegal in the US...?

Note: Arguing for the federal legalization of MJ is irrelevant to the issue.
The radical judges on the 9th Circus Court once again show that they haven't a brain among them.

I forgot that government has only a 6000 year limit when banning practices. I guess they have to legalize murder, robbery, and prostitution too according to your convoluted logic.

Nope. All of those have what we call "victims"

Aye --- there's the rub.

IMO just having a card isn't enough there must be an actual federal drug conviction or a state conviction of being under the influence while in possession of a firearm for second amendment rights to be nullified.

Just because a guy has a pot card issued by a doctor does not mean he will be high while in possession of a gun

IMO just having a card isn't enough there must be an actual federal drug conviction or a state conviction of being under the influence while in possession of a firearm for second amendment rights to be nullified.
That's not what the law says,, and that's not the question asked on the 4473.

Unless MJ is being used for a medical condition those that use it are extremely mentally ill.

Forum List

Back