99% of your dollar goes to buy food

AmeriCares Disaster Relief and Humanitarian Aid Organization

as many look to donate to the people of hati....here is a charity that spends 99 cents out of a dollar on food.

Thank you! That's even better than Food For The Poor | Helping the Poor, Charitable Giving, Haiti Earthquake Relief | Serving the Poorest of the Poor which is very good at 97%. I'm bummed that my principal while ok'ing the money drive, insisted we needed to give to Catholic Relief Services which has an 87% rating, which is top notch for a mega provider, but still is at 87%.

Nevertheless, the students are very excited to be involved. They have a 4 day weekend and the older kids are going out in neighborhood to ask for contributions and suggest that people consider food for the poor if they don't wish to just hand over money. They are also advising on the text to Red Cross for Haiti.

Don't they need medicine, tents, and water, as well?

Let's look at the pie chart at the bottom right of the URL. It says "99% of all donations go to support our programs"

That would mean food,and all other items required to assist in the recovery and life saving efforts. Also including the salaries of the personnel required to manage these programs. Not just food. Seems no different than most to me anyway.

Hopefully the world's response continues for these people, it can happen to any of us in a heartbeat. What a better destination for say, stimulus monies.

☭proletarian☭;1904571 said:
Don't they need medicine, tents, and water, as well?

Frankly speaking, they need everything. Start to finish, and maybe, since they are a close neighbor, maybe it is time we stepped up.

Both of the charities, the 99% and the 97% sound good.

What was saddest there after all the rest was shots and sounds of people at a Union Gospel Mission Baptist Church, isolated, and ALL they can do is pray and sing and WAIT until someone finally gets to them. UGM is an international organisation, and they do a whole lot here in the US with homeless, as well as battered women's shelters, and the people who support them really do step up here, so I think they are likely to be on this. I don't know what the percentages are, but they are another group that I believe is trustworthy.

People here in the US mostly have absolutely no conception of what it means to have nothing, and almost no hope.

Forum List

Back