92% of Saudi’s believe that “IS(IS) conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law” – Poll

ISIS is waking up Islamic states to the dangers of extremism - Saudi Arabia has long been guilty of subtly supporting it's spread under the tables and now they are realizing it's repercussions in IS I think.

That's sad to hear. I was hoping there were many Saudis who would actually be lukewarm about their religion and would just play along that they were hardline when it came to Islam.

MEDIA REPORT / RANDOM STATISTICS
92% of Saudi’s believe that “IS(IS) conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law” – Poll
Posted on August 24, 2014 by ADMIN12 Comments
Unfortunately they have provided no details of their data where exact the 92% figure comes from.

1. RTR3WBHL.jpg

Muslims wait to have their iftar meal in Riyadh, June 29, 2014. (photo by REUTERS/Faisal Al Nasser)

dbc98385-4912-4bc7-b36b-81a1c8d0e298

Saudi poll to reveal public’s level of sympathy for IS
The Sakina Campaign plans to carry out a scientific survey to determine the position of the Saudi public on the “caliphate” announced by the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq and Syria. This comes after the results of an opinion poll of Saudis were released on social networking sites, claiming that 92% of the target group believes that “IS conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law.” Observers believe that in the current period, it is most important to “focus on the roots of extremism and to address and fight it.”

The Saudi Sakina campaign plans to conduct a survey to determine the extent to which the Saudi public sympathizes with the Islamic State and its recent declaration of a caliphate.

Author Abdullah al-Duhailan, Rahma Thiab, Shaden al-Hayek
July 22, 2014, Al-Hayat

Translator(s) Tyler Huffman

Original Article اقرا المقال الأصلي باللغة العربية

Meanwhile, Saudi families refused to hold mourning gatherings for their sons who were killed in troubled places outside of the kingdom. The “confusion” that was sparked by IS’ recent expansion saw the proliferation of websites selling shirts carrying slogans that called for jihad and glorified IS. Advisory Committee member Sheikh Abdullah al-Suwailem refused to classify those affiliated with terrorist groups as “criminals,” claiming that pressure had led them to join these groups in the absence of guidance.

Some of the families of those killed fighting outside of Saudi Arabia expressed their “joy,” refusing to show grief over the deaths of their sons. Preachers and sheikhs considered this ideology “the reason for terrorism,” saying, “It harms the reputation of the Islamic religion.” They stressed that those who go to these places of conflict are in violation of the religious authority, which must be followed. They therefore concluded that their deaths are not a form of martyrdom, as their families think. The families are overcome with emotion and distribute sweets and refuse to mourn, show sadness or cry, considering those killed to be martyrs.

Continue reading at:

92 of Saudi 8217 s believe that 8220 IS IS conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law 8221 8211 Poll Muslim Statistics

Are you surprised by this?

Osama BIn Laden was a Saudi.

The Saudis have probably been behind many of America's really poor decisions.

FOX is owned, partially, by a Saudi.

And the Saudis have been behind many attacks ON America.

With an ally like Saudi Arabia? Who needs enemies?
Obama with Saudi arabians - Yahoo Search Results

Saudi Arabia is a crazy country and people who support Isis islamism are crazy indeed. But I did not know that so many Saudis like Isis. And I guess, no women were asked.

From the OP Given Link:

92% of Saudi s believe that ISIS conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law - Poll

“ISIS conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law.”

What they are saying is that ISIS conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law.

This means that IS has clerics who are giving them the go ahead.

“Observers believe that in the current period, it is most important to “focus on the roots of extremism and to address and fight it.”

^This is nonsense as far as IS being stopped.

Why?

To focus on the roots is to discuss.

More talk, and they've legitimized ISIS's submission to Allah.

From the OP:

Preachers and sheikhs considered this ideology “the reason for terrorism,” saying, “It harms the reputation of the Islamic religion.” They stressed that those who go to these places of conflict are in violation of the religious authority, which must be followed. They therefore concluded that their deaths are not a form of martyrdom, as their families think.

They stress. They consider.

Where are the Arab boots on the ground? Why aren't they trying to stop the slaughter. Why do they all demand the US to intervene?

Oh right, their violators are going en masse to Syria and Iraq to fight with ISIS. Why? Because these countries are proxies for ISIS and the country is hiding behind a few words of 'consideration from a few "Preachers" and "Sheikhs".

Meh

From the OP Given Link:

92% of Saudi s believe that ISIS conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law - Poll

What they are saying is that ISIS conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law.

“Observers believe that in the current period, it is most important to “focus on the roots of extremism and to address and fight it.”

Why?

From the OP:

Preachers and sheikhs considered this ideology “the reason for terrorism,” saying, “It harms the reputation of the Islamic religion.” They stressed that those who go to these places of conflict are in violation of the religious authority, which must be followed. They therefore concluded that their deaths are not a form of martyrdom, as their families think.

OH how fascinating **** ALL **** the shaykhs and imams
have declared against ISIS gee what happened to the
incessant cry "ISLAM IS NOT MONOLITHIC"

speaking of "harm the rep of islam" <<<
a very important principle ------that which harms and that
which ELEVATES that rep are HUGE ISSUES ----anything
at all to reduce the harm part and anything at all to
INCREASE the ELEVATION part. -----works

(caliphate is a basic issue in Islamic theology----its
development and its support is incumbent on muslims---
at least that's what the kids are told----in fact it is so
written in the Koran-----a book which most people never
read-----I think it is read even much less than the bible---it
takes a person with word hungry eyeballs like mine
to get thru a translation-----HOWEVER the concept of
THE CALIPHATE is just as important to muslims as is
the concept of THE VIRGIN BIRTH to Christians----
sorry-----but my comment does relate to
the OP if you stretch your mind a bit

Saudi Arabia is a crazy country and people who support Isis islamism are crazy indeed. But I did not know that so many Saudis like Isis. And I guess, no women were asked.

sheesh priester------you have just told us that you never
spoke to any muslims-------muslimahs are even HOTTER for
caliphate crap than are ----the male variety of caliphatists.
Feel free to ask questions,, sonny dear

From the OP Given Link:

Why?

From the OP:

Islam is not monolithic.

From the OP Given Link:

Why?

From the OP:

Islam is not monolithic.

thanks for repeating that meaningless statement once
again. It reminds me of pre football game PEP rallys in high school (gee-----I was once actually 16 years old!!!!)
In my high school they were MANDATORY I persevered thru them too.

Forum List

Back