92% of Saudi’s believe that “IS(IS) conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law” – Poll

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
That's sad to hear. I was hoping there were many Saudis who would actually be lukewarm about their religion and would just play along that they were hardline when it came to Islam.

MEDIA REPORT / RANDOM STATISTICS
92% of Saudi’s believe that “IS(IS) conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law” – Poll
Posted on August 24, 2014 by ADMIN12 Comments
Unfortunately they have provided no details of their data where exact the 92% figure comes from.

1. RTR3WBHL.jpg

Muslims wait to have their iftar meal in Riyadh, June 29, 2014. (photo by REUTERS/Faisal Al Nasser)

dbc98385-4912-4bc7-b36b-81a1c8d0e298

Saudi poll to reveal public’s level of sympathy for IS
The Sakina Campaign plans to carry out a scientific survey to determine the position of the Saudi public on the “caliphate” announced by the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq and Syria. This comes after the results of an opinion poll of Saudis were released on social networking sites, claiming that 92% of the target group believes that “IS conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law.” Observers believe that in the current period, it is most important to “focus on the roots of extremism and to address and fight it.”

The Saudi Sakina campaign plans to conduct a survey to determine the extent to which the Saudi public sympathizes with the Islamic State and its recent declaration of a caliphate.

Author Abdullah al-Duhailan, Rahma Thiab, Shaden al-Hayek
July 22, 2014, Al-Hayat

Translator(s) Tyler Huffman

Original Article اقرا المقال الأصلي باللغة العربية

Meanwhile, Saudi families refused to hold mourning gatherings for their sons who were killed in troubled places outside of the kingdom. The “confusion” that was sparked by IS’ recent expansion saw the proliferation of websites selling shirts carrying slogans that called for jihad and glorified IS. Advisory Committee member Sheikh Abdullah al-Suwailem refused to classify those affiliated with terrorist groups as “criminals,” claiming that pressure had led them to join these groups in the absence of guidance.

Some of the families of those killed fighting outside of Saudi Arabia expressed their “joy,” refusing to show grief over the deaths of their sons. Preachers and sheikhs considered this ideology “the reason for terrorism,” saying, “It harms the reputation of the Islamic religion.” They stressed that those who go to these places of conflict are in violation of the religious authority, which must be followed. They therefore concluded that their deaths are not a form of martyrdom, as their families think. The families are overcome with emotion and distribute sweets and refuse to mourn, show sadness or cry, considering those killed to be martyrs.

Continue reading at:

92 of Saudi 8217 s believe that 8220 IS IS conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law 8221 8211 Poll Muslim Statistics

This is the same point I was making in the James Foley thread. No surprise.

This is the same point I was making in the James Foley thread. No surprise.

yes Rik I remember------I think I commented that I agree with
you and cautioned you not to pass out. I would be surprised if
the poll revealed anything less Anyone who is surprised at
the CALIPHATE SUPPORT in the peanut gallery of the ummah--- is really ignorant of reality Not your fault----you were probably brainwashed by islamo Nazi propaganda and did not even notice

I work with a lot of Sunni Muslims. They do not at all agree with the violent behavior of ISIS. They consider it an extreme, very extreme terrorist organization.

I am completely sceptical of your so called poll. What I have read in the International New York Times is that the only country that supports ISIS is Qatar.

I work with a lot of Sunni Muslims. They do not at all agree with the violent behavior of ISIS. They consider it an extreme, very extreme terrorist organization.

I am completely sceptical of your so called poll. What I have read in the International New York Times is that the only country that supports ISIS is Qatar.

I have worked with lots of sunni muslims too----in fact over
about 45 years. The politic answer is----"i don't like their violence" -------just as the politic answer after 9-11-01 was
" OH HOW HORRIBLE" I am not at all impressed with
your insight into the ethos of SUNNI ISLAM

now reconsider-----the GENERAL PUBLIC----asked ---
"do you support the goals and aspirations of ISIS"
---------I would predict that an overwhelming
majority of sunni muslims thruout the world including
Saudi Arabia would say YES

of course all polls depend on the question ----if the
question was "do you support the toture and
murder of yazidis"-----there may have been a different
outcome-----probably not overwhelming condemnation.
Polls also depend on population sample----my acquaintances
have been MOSTLY medical doctors working in the USA,
even from them I got----"you don't understand what good
the Taliban are trying to do"
The issue is the goal----CALIPHATE and shariah law and
Islamic supremacy

about 45 years. The politic answer is----"i don't like their violence" -------just as the politic answer after 9-11-01 was

Islamic supremacy
You have apparently worked with people for 45 years whom you have never gotten to know. Asked if they support the goals of ISIS the vast majority of educated, modern Sunni Muslims would say no, adamantly. I am totally unimpressed with your insight into the Muslim people. You apparently have none at all. I have spent 7 years of my life living and working in Sunni Muslim countries, working with predominantly Muslim colleagues, and have been friends with many. Your vision of what they think is off, way, way off and totally incorrect.

It boggles the mind that someone would claim they have worked with Muslims for 45 years and still claim, and believe, they all, or even most, think like extremists. Unbelievable.

Last edited:

Islamic supremacy
You have apparently worked with people for 45 years whom you have never gotten to know. Asked if they support the goals of ISIS the vast majority of educated, modern Sunni Muslims would say no, adamantly. I am totally unimpressed with your insight into the Muslim people. You apparently have none at all. I have spent 7 years of my life living and working in Sunni Muslim countries, working with predominantly Muslim colleagues, and have been friends with many. Your vision of what they think is off, way, way off and totally incorrect.

you should try not to jump to conclusions. I got to know them VERY well ----I doubt that you got to know any of your co workers
as well as I got to know mine. I visited and even stayed in their homes-----traveled about with them and worked with them THRU
the night. (well---most of them were doctors and we worked in
hospitals---actually all of them were doctors----not all sunnis ---one was a Shiite) I am not suggesting that doctors should be
described as "educated people"-----but most people do so
consider them-----although doctors are not known for sophistication.------a bit dippy most of them. One important feature of people who get into medical school all over the world---
they get the RIGHT answers to the questions on the tests. In
Pakistan ---KORAN COUNTS

Islamic supremacy

Islamic supremacy

you should try not to jump to conclusions. I got to know them VERY well ----I doubt that you got to know any of your co workers
as well as I got to know mine. I visited and even stayed in their homes-----traveled about with them and worked with them THRU
hospitals---actually all of them were doctors----not all sunnis ---one was a Shiite) I am not suggesting that doctors should be
consider them-----although doctors are not known for sophistication.------a bit dippy most of them. One important feature of people who get into medical school all over the world---
Pakistan ---KORAN COUNTS
You could not possibly have gotten to know them the way you claim you have and still believe they think they way you are portraying them to. I call absolute BS on your part. You are talking out of your ass. Liar.

I have lived with, worked with, socialized with, traveled with and been close friends with Muslims, living and working in their countries, for 7 full years of my life, non stop. I've gone to their homes and to their weddings. I've had them come and stay with me in my home.

They are ordinary peaceful people. They are not extremists in their religion in the way you portray them to be. They are not any different from Christians in the sense that some are deeply religious, some are so so, and some not so much. They do not all march in lockstep and think alike. Not by any means.

Your portrayal is something gotten out of reading online BS, movies, whatever: it does not gel with real life people, with reality.

Last edited:
I found this interesting.
Indonesian ISIS Combatants Return Home National Tempo.Co Indonesian News Portal

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - A number of Indonesian combatants of Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) have reportedly returned home, said Agus Surya Bhakti, deputy head of prevention, protection and deradicalization at the National Counterterrorism Agency (BNPT), Friday...

Their return was due to disappointment over the war condition that was completely different from the concept of war in Islam. "They realized that they were fighting other Muslims."

The dissemination of ISIS ideology had encouraged 56 Indonesians to join combatants in Iraq and Syria, based on a data from the BNPT. Four of them died, including a suicide bomber. "They were interested in joining [ISIS] for US$1,500," said Agus.

In other words, IS lies to get recruits and, this is most important, offers a fat pile of cash for people to join them.
$1,500 doesn't sound like all that much, but it's tempting when it might be two years salary, as it is for many people here.
These bastards are working on false ideals (actually lies) and exploitation of the poor.

Fuck them to hell.

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - A number of Indonesian combatants of Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) have reportedly returned home, said Agus Surya Bhakti, deputy head of prevention, protection and deradicalization at the National Counterterrorism Agency (BNPT), Friday...

Their return was due to disappointment over the war condition that was completely different from the concept of war in Islam. "They realized that they were fighting other Muslims."

The dissemination of ISIS ideology had encouraged 56 Indonesians to join combatants in Iraq and Syria, based on a data from the BNPT. Four of them died, including a suicide bomber. "They were interested in joining [ISIS] for US$1,500," said Agus.

In other words, IS lies to get recruits and, this is most important, offers a fat pile of cash for people to join them.
$1,500 doesn't sound like all that much, but it's tempting when it might be two years salary, as it is for many people here.
These bastards are working on false ideals (actually lies) and exploitation of the poor.

Fuck them to hell.

Why go to Syria to behead people when there are still plenty of Christians in Indonesia ready for Muslims to behead:

Three Christian girl students were beheaded this morning. The victims are Yusriani Sampoe aged 15 years, Theresia Morangke aged 16 and Alvita Polio aged 19.​

Islamic supremacy

Islamic supremacy

Pakistan ---KORAN COUNTS
You could not possibly have gotten to know them the way you claim you have and still believe they think they way you are portraying them to. I call absolute BS on your part. You are talking out of your ass. Liar.

I have lived with, worked with, socialized with, traveled with and been close friends with Muslims, living and working in their countries, for 7 full years of my life, non stop. I've gone to their homes and to their weddings. I've had them come and stay with me in my home.

They are ordinary peaceful people. They are not extremists in their religion in the way you portray them to be. They are not any different from Christians in the sense that some are deeply religious, some are so so, and some not so much. They do not all march in lockstep and think alike. Not by any means.

Your portrayal is something gotten out of reading online BS, movies, whatever: it does not gel with real life people, with reality.

I match you and I disagree. I've seen life in the ME upper class and saw the dissatisfaction with Western modernity. I saw it in the middle class and the lower class really has a shitty deal and so the desire for "something better" is strong there, stronger than in the upper classes.

To see this you have to delve deep in conversations about the meaning of life and god and such. They don't wear this as signs hung around their necks. Islam infects their entire being.

Fuck them to hell.

Why go to Syria to behead people when there are still plenty of Christians in Indonesia ready for Muslims to behead:

Three Christian girl students were beheaded this morning. The victims are Yusriani Sampoe aged 15 years, Theresia Morangke aged 16 and Alvita Polio aged 19.​

This morning?
10/29/2005

You look really fucking silly when you post lies.

[QUOTE="Esmeralda,
You could not possibly have gotten to know them the way you claim you have and still believe they think they way you are portraying them to be. I call absolutely BS on your part. Your talking out of your ass. Liar.

I have lived with, worked with, socialized with, traveled with and been close friends with Muslims, living and working in their countries, for 7 full years of my life, non stop. They are ordinary peaceful people. They are not extremists in their religion in the way you portray them to be. They are not any different from Christians in the sense that some are deeply religious, some are so so, and some not so much. They do not all march in lockstep and think alike. Your portrayal is something gotten out of reading online BS, movies, whatever: it does not gel with real life people, with reality.

ROFLMAO----7 years. ----ok I lied---actually for me its been 50 years. Esmeralda----you are a stinking lump of scum Like all those of your kind you made baseless accusations Where did I say that all muslims "MARCH IN LOCK STEP"? you got that from your propaganda handlers -----who told you "americans think all muslims are the same"
In fact I did not suggest all muslims are the same. You are a silly parrot Many of the people who post here get into the
"YOU THINK ALL MUSLIMS THINK ALIKE"----having no evidence at all that I or anyone else does.----its a STANDARD.

Nope I have known many many muslims and they were all
INDIVIDUALS. and they were also the products of their cultures. The Iranian muslims were not like the arab muslims----the Pakistani muslims are an entity unto themselves---besides being individuals. How much do they pay you to propagandize after a mere seven years of whatever you think you did? oh---you TRAVELED with
some somewhat elite people-------well----I did not ----I got down and dirty-----and even got to know muslim patients---
not as well as my colleagues of course-----its a different kind
of interaction. You don't get to know any people thru tea in
the parlor. You did learn something-----you learned to be
rude.

My statement is----given the entire population of muslims
in the world-----were they asked "would you like there to be
a CALIPHATE and SHARIAH LAW in Iraq---or in some large portion of the middle east"?------that idea would win by a HUGE MARGIN. If you were around muslims for seven years and you failed to pick up that fact-----then you are brain
dead, For anyone interested----find a muslim-----a bit educated is fine-----whatever. --be friends and make sure
that person does not depend on you for a living. Ask him if SHARIAH LAW IS GOOD and would be good as a code for all people.
(keep in mind----shariah law in its pure form actually requires
a CALIPHATE---- such a society IS a caliphate-----only a
CALIPH can truly rule according to shariah law)

That's sad to hear. I was hoping there were many Saudis who would actually be lukewarm about their religion and would just play along that they were hardline when it came to Islam.

MEDIA REPORT / RANDOM STATISTICS
Posted on August 24, 2014 by ADMIN12 Comments
Unfortunately they have provided no details of their data where exact the 92% figure comes from.

1. RTR3WBHL.jpg

Muslims wait to have their iftar meal in Riyadh, June 29, 2014. (photo by REUTERS/Faisal Al Nasser)

dbc98385-4912-4bc7-b36b-81a1c8d0e298

Saudi poll to reveal public’s level of sympathy for IS
The Sakina Campaign plans to carry out a scientific survey to determine the position of the Saudi public on the “caliphate” announced by the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq and Syria. This comes after the results of an opinion poll of Saudis were released on social networking sites, claiming that 92% of the target group believes that “IS conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law.” Observers believe that in the current period, it is most important to “focus on the roots of extremism and to address and fight it.”

The Saudi Sakina campaign plans to conduct a survey to determine the extent to which the Saudi public sympathizes with the Islamic State and its recent declaration of a caliphate.

Author Abdullah al-Duhailan, Rahma Thiab, Shaden al-Hayek
July 22, 2014, Al-Hayat

Translator(s) Tyler Huffman

Original Article اقرا المقال الأصلي باللغة العربية

Meanwhile, Saudi families refused to hold mourning gatherings for their sons who were killed in troubled places outside of the kingdom. The “confusion” that was sparked by IS’ recent expansion saw the proliferation of websites selling shirts carrying slogans that called for jihad and glorified IS. Advisory Committee member Sheikh Abdullah al-Suwailem refused to classify those affiliated with terrorist groups as “criminals,” claiming that pressure had led them to join these groups in the absence of guidance.

Some of the families of those killed fighting outside of Saudi Arabia expressed their “joy,” refusing to show grief over the deaths of their sons. Preachers and sheikhs considered this ideology “the reason for terrorism,” saying, “It harms the reputation of the Islamic religion.” They stressed that those who go to these places of conflict are in violation of the religious authority, which must be followed. They therefore concluded that their deaths are not a form of martyrdom, as their families think. The families are overcome with emotion and distribute sweets and refuse to mourn, show sadness or cry, considering those killed to be martyrs.

Continue reading at:

92 of Saudi 8217 s believe that 8220 IS IS conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law 8221 8211 Poll Muslim Statistics

Are you surprised by this?

Osama BIn Laden was a Saudi.

The Saudis have probably been behind many of America's really poor decisions.

FOX is owned, partially, by a Saudi.

And the Saudis have been behind many attacks ON America.

With an ally like Saudi Arabia? Who needs enemies?

Fuck them to hell.

This morning?
10/29/2005

You look really fucking silly when you post lies.

Fuck them to hell.

Freddie actually revealed this>>>

right ---the poor befuddled Mujahad heroes of Islam
FROM INDONESIA ------thought they would be chopping
the heads off of kaffirn men-----raping their wives and enslaving the kids as befits a fine pious EMULATOR OF
AL NABI sheeesh ------at the madrassah they said
we should not rape muslimahs----whatta cheat!!!!!
Its ok Freddie-----west Pakistan solved the problem
in 1971 ----they created a DICTUM OF TAKFIR on all of
east Pakistan and went there raping and murdering in joyous
Islamic pious abandon.

Esmeralda you still there? did you know that in order
to rape a muslimah in war-----a muslim needs to declare her
TAKFIR? -------poor kids---they were cheated

From the OP Given Link:

92% of Saudi s believe that ISIS conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law - Poll

“ISIS conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law.”

What they are saying is that ISIS conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law.

This means that IS has clerics who are giving them the go ahead.

“Observers believe that in the current period, it is most important to “focus on the roots of extremism and to address and fight it.”

^This is nonsense as far as IS being stopped.

Why?

To focus on the roots is to discuss.

More talk, and they've legitimized ISIS's submission to Allah.

I'm glad that no one has yet drawn attention to this statement, which could, in bigoted hands, cast serious doubt upon the credibility of this ground-breaking research. I have absolutely no doubt that at least 92% have exactly that sentiment, so because it goes without saying that this is true, it really doesn't need to be verified in any way.

[QUOTE="Esmeralda,
You could not possibly have gotten to know them the way you claim you have and still believe they think they way you are portraying them to be. I call absolutely BS on your part. Your talking out of your ass. Liar.

I have lived with, worked with, socialized with, traveled with and been close friends with Muslims, living and working in their countries, for 7 full years of my life, non stop. They are ordinary peaceful people. They are not extremists in their religion in the way you portray them to be. They are not any different from Christians in the sense that some are deeply religious, some are so so, and some not so much. They do not all march in lockstep and think alike. Your portrayal is something gotten out of reading online BS, movies, whatever: it does not gel with real life people, with reality.

ROFLMAO----7 years. ----ok I lied---actually for me its been 50 years. Esmeralda----you are a stinking lump of scum Like all those of your kind you made baseless accusations Where did I say that all muslims "MARCH IN LOCK STEP"? you got that from your propaganda handlers -----who told you "americans think all muslims are the same"
In fact I did not suggest all muslims are the same. You are a silly parrot Many of the people who post here get into the
"YOU THINK ALL MUSLIMS THINK ALIKE"----having no evidence at all that I or anyone else does.----its a STANDARD.

INDIVIDUALS. and they were also the products of their cultures. The Iranian muslims were not like the arab muslims----the Pakistani muslims are an entity unto themselves---besides being individuals. How much do they pay you to propagandize after a mere seven years of whatever you think you did? oh---you TRAVELED with
some somewhat elite people-------well----I did not ----I got down and dirty-----and even got to know muslim patients---
rude.

a CALIPHATE and SHARIAH LAW in Iraq---or in some large portion of the middle east"?------that idea would win by a HUGE MARGIN.
If you were around muslims for seven years and you failed to pick up that fact-----then you are brain
dead, For anyone interested----find a muslim-----a bit educated is fine-----whatever. --be friends and make sure
that person does not depend on you for a living. Ask him if SHARIAH LAW IS GOOD and would be good as a code for all people.
You are completely wrong, wrong about the majority of modern day Muslims wanting Sharia Law and wrong about your thinking you know these people. And, of course, you are completely wrong about me. How many years have you actually lived in a Muslim country? None, right.

[QUOTE="Esmeralda,

rude.

a CALIPHATE and SHARIAH LAW in Iraq---or in some large portion of the middle east"?------that idea would win by a HUGE MARGIN.
If you were around muslims for seven years and you failed to pick up that fact-----then you are brain
You are completely wrong, wrong about the majority of modern day Muslims wanting Sharia Law and wrong about your thinking you know these people. And, of course, you are completely wrong about me. How many years have you actually lived in a Muslim country? None, right.

you still made no point----my husband was born in a muslim
country Want to discuss it with him.?

(I knew this stuff
before I met him because of the very close interaction I had
with muslims when I was young) Who are you calling
MODERN DAY MUSLIMS? The highly educated and
prosperous people with whom you worked who spoke to you
as a person who is guest in their country and somehow
related to whatever was their occupation and its relationship
to YOU?

The stink and filth of SHARIAH won in a popular election in
iran. The stink and filth of Shariah won in a popular election in Egypt and it would win in Turkey if placed as
a referendum-----and in Pakistan etc etc------the only way
it is kept down is by the BUSINESSMEN OF THOSE
COUNTRIES----THE VERY ONES WHO DEAL WITH THE
OUTSIDE WORLD ------the non representative ones in whose parlors you sipped tea whilst they MADE NICE.

From the OP Given Link:

92% of Saudi s believe that ISIS conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law - Poll

“ISIS conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law.”

What they are saying is that ISIS conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law.

This means that IS has clerics who are giving them the go ahead.

“Observers believe that in the current period, it is most important to “focus on the roots of extremism and to address and fight it.”

^This is nonsense as far as IS being stopped.

Why?

To focus on the roots is to discuss.

More talk, and they've legitimized ISIS's submission to Allah.

From the OP:

Preachers and sheikhs considered this ideology “the reason for terrorism,” saying, “It harms the reputation of the Islamic religion.” They stressed that those who go to these places of conflict are in violation of the religious authority, which must be followed. They therefore concluded that their deaths are not a form of martyrdom, as their families think.

Forum List

Back