8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media

Here's one misconception that I know of.... Assange is a journalist. No, he isn't.
Why do you say that? These leaks are considerably more telling than any of the lies and frivolity you hear on CNN, MSNBC or FOX. He exposes the government's and military's questionable activities.

Last edited:
Here's one misconception that I know of.... Assange is a journalist. No, he isn't.
Why do you say that? These leaks are considerably more telling than any of the lies and frivolity you hear on CNN, MSNBC or FOX.

Because it's a fact. I like facts. These leaks are based on information illegally obtained - stolen - from the US Government. Assange should be charged with espionage. He's a self publicist, an arrogant ego driven bastard.

Because it's a fact. I like facts.
That reminds me of a similar dismissive answer my parents used to tell me when I was a child: Because I said so

These leaks are based on information illegally obtained - stolen - from the US Government. Assange should be charged with espionage. He's a self publicist, an arrogant ego driven bastard.
Even if he is an ego driven bastard, he's one who sticks his neck out to reveal how this government actually runs, in contrast to the endless spin millions Americans choke down with help from pundit shills on the boob tube.

Last edited:
Which government? The United States? Any other government?
Why are you so concerned about Russia's corruption? Everybody knows that Russia's government has been corrupt for decades upon decades, however some folks are hoodwinked into believing that the United States government is not. Hence the usefulness of wikileaks to dispel that misconception.

What "corruption" was exposed?

Wikileaks Honduras: State Dept. Busted on Support of Coup

Wikileaks Honduras: State Dept. Busted on Support of Coup | CommonDreams.org

Obama and GOPers Worked Together to Kill Bush Torture Probe

Obama and GOPers Worked Together to Kill Bush Torture Probe | Mother Jones

WikiLeaks Cables Reveal U.S. Sought to Retaliate Against Europe over Refusing to Allow Monsanto GM Crops

WikiLeaks Cables Reveal U.S. Sought to Retaliate Against Europe over Refusing to Allow Monsanto GM Crops | Food | AlterNet

WikiLeaks Cables: Drug Enforcement Agency Goes Global, Beyond Drugs

WikiLeaks Cables: Drug Enforcement Agency Goes Global, Beyond Drugs | Drugs | AlterNet

Because it's a fact. I like facts.
That reminds me of a similar dismissive answer my parents used to tell me when I was a child: Because I said so

These leaks are based on information illegally obtained - stolen - from the US Government. Assange should be charged with espionage. He's a self publicist, an arrogant ego driven bastard.
Even if he is an ego driven bastard, he's one who sticks his neck out to reveal how this government actually runs, in contrast to the endless spin millions Americans choke down with help from pundit shills on the boob tube.

He doesn't 'stick his neck out to reveal' jack shit. He steals information and shoves it up on the internet. I could do that. You could do that. I wouldn't, because I respect national security and countries having secrets.

You're whining.

What "corruption" was exposed?

Wikileaks Honduras: State Dept. Busted on Support of Coup

Wikileaks Honduras: State Dept. Busted on Support of Coup | CommonDreams.org

Obama and GOPers Worked Together to Kill Bush Torture Probe

Obama and GOPers Worked Together to Kill Bush Torture Probe | Mother Jones

WikiLeaks Cables Reveal U.S. Sought to Retaliate Against Europe over Refusing to Allow Monsanto GM Crops

WikiLeaks Cables Reveal U.S. Sought to Retaliate Against Europe over Refusing to Allow Monsanto GM Crops | Food | AlterNet

WikiLeaks Cables: Drug Enforcement Agency Goes Global, Beyond Drugs

WikiLeaks Cables: Drug Enforcement Agency Goes Global, Beyond Drugs | Drugs | AlterNet

Ohhhhh, ok. I get it. You're one of those idiots who takes everything that you read on some agenda driven websource as gospel. Ok. I will file you under 'too fucking stupid to bother with'. Thanks.

He doesn't 'stick his neck out to reveal' jack shit. He steals information and shoves it up on the internet. I could do that. You could do that. I wouldn't, because I respect national security and countries having secrets.
You could do that? You must be quite the computer expert, because I don't even know where to begin when it comes to usurping government files, let alone compiling them all together chronologically and then uploading them onto the internet.

You're whining.
The definition of whining is:

Complain in a feeble or petulant way.

I have displayed zero petulance during this entire discussion.

You could do that? You must be quite the computer expert, because I don't even know where to begin when it comes to usurping government files, let alone compiling them all together chronologically and then uploading them onto the internet.

You're whining.

You are aware that he is GIVEN the files by people who abused their security status and betrayed their country aren't you? Of course you are.

You're whining.

Not hard if one has contacts with the right level of clearance in the military who are prepared to steal information. Which is how Assange got it. I could do that pretty easily. I have the contacts. Difference is, they are not traitors, and nor am I. I happen to understand the concept of national security.

You're making an idiot of yourself. And the conversation is over because I've already clearly stated - more than once - where I stand on this issue. I'm not interested in repeating myself for the terminally stupid.

You're whining.

Her definitions are much like her 'facts'.

You're whining.

Not hard if one has contacts with the right level of clearance in the military who are prepared to steal information. Which is how Assange got it. I could do that pretty easily. I have the contacts. Difference is, they are not traitors, and nor am I. I happen to understand the concept of national security.

You're making an idiot of yourself. And the conversation is over because I've already clearly stated - more than once - where I stand on this issue. I'm not interested in repeating myself for the terminally stupid.

Then leave the thread! I don't think Bones will be too upset to have a chance for an intelligent discussion once you leave.

B-bye!!
wavey.gif

Forum List

Back