8 Product safety myths... and a bill to change things

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
1. Myth: If products are for sale at a supermarket, drugstore, or department store cosmetics counter, they must be safe.
Fact: The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has no authority to require companies to assess ingredients or products for safety. FDA does not review or approve the vast majority of cosmetic products or ingredients before they go on the market. The agency conducts pre-market reviews only for certain color additives and active ingredients in cosmetics classified as over-the-counter drugs.

Enviroblog: Test your knowledge of cosmetics safety: 8 myths debunked Archives

1. Myth: If products are for sale at a supermarket, drugstore, or department store cosmetics counter, they must be safe.
Fact: The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has no authority to require companies to assess ingredients or products for safety. FDA does not review or approve the vast majority of cosmetic products or ingredients before they go on the market. The agency conducts pre-market reviews only for certain color additives and active ingredients in cosmetics classified as over-the-counter drugs.
Enviroblog: Test your knowledge of cosmetics safety: 8 myths debunked Archives

You think this is a good idea?

Republicans don't believe in protecting the American People. No regulations of any kind. Actually, I suspect they want to get rid of drunk driving laws, speed limits and the need for a driver's license.

Let the "market" sort it out. Their answer for everything.

Republicans don't believe in protecting the American People. No regulations of any kind. Actually, I suspect they want to get rid of drunk driving laws, speed limits and the need for a driver's license.

Let the "market" sort it out. Their answer for everything.

How many times have I told you. When you shoot yourself in the foot you aim down, not up.
(Oops, never mind. I forgot where you keep your feet.......)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back