Name my Rats

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I kinda like my new avatar. I may even keep it for a while.

But.. my rats need names.. any suggestions?

I kinda like my new avatar. I may even keep it for a while.

But.. my rats need names.. any suggestions?

Igntz 1, Ignatz 2, Ignaz 3 and Ignaz 4

"Krazy Kat" is a love story, focusing on the relationships of its three main characters. Krazy Kat adored Ignatz Mouse. Ignatz Mouse simply tolerated Krazy Kat, except for recurrent onsets of targeted tumescence, which found expression in the fast delivery of bricks to Krazy's cranium. Offisa Pup loved Krazy and sought to protect "her" (Herriman always maintained that Krazy was gender-less) by throwing Ignatz in jail. "
Krazy And Ignatz 1939-1940: A Brick Stuffed With Moombins by George Herriman (9781560977896) | Borders

"In its 31-year run from 1913 to 1944, George Herriman's cartoon "Krazy Kat" may not have attracted the mass following of "Li'l Abner," "Gasoline Alley" or the "Katzenjammer Kids." But in its influence on the arts it has been second to none. Krazy Kat was the subject of a 1922 jazz ballet by John Alden Carpenter and a 1988 novel by Jay Kantor. Willem de Kooning and Jack Kerouac were both Krazy Kat fans. Critics have enthused over the cartoon strip's playful, "Joycean" language, Beckett-like dialogue, and the bleak, surreal setting of Herriman's Coconino County, an existentialist's dreamland where mesas can suddenly turn into mushrooms and day abruptly into night. It is never even clear whether Krazy is male or female."
The Nation - Inside Academia - Krazy Kat Meets the Lit Krits - NYTimes.com

Sam, Alfred, Harold, and Fink.

The names of my actual pet rats when I was a wee girl.

I had friends in college who named their hermit crabs Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel.

:)

New Topics

Forum List

Back