$76,000 --per MONTH pension--debt makers

This is something right wingers should love. After all, they are thrilled the Koch Brothers, two of the richest men who have ever lived, deserve a 1.5 billion dollar tax break. Nothing thrills a right winger more than someone who is already among the needy rich getting more money.

5426-1521557131-e899560d07b400904bae1e16b9d0cc8a.jpg

76000 is excessive. Anyone who makes that per month....public or private....retired or working. ..doesn't need that...that's a sign of a glutton. Income such as this should be taxed to high heaven.

76000 is excessive. Anyone who makes that per month....public or private....retired or working. ..doesn't need that...that's a sign of a glutton. Income such as this should be taxed to high heaven.

Who died and made you God to decide what is too much for a pension?

My objection is that tax payers are paying for this and THAT makes it excessive, not simply how much it is.

No one needs an ice-cream cone either. Every time you get one, you should give half of it the orphanage down the street.

taxpayers paying a $76,000 per MONTH pension
pensions get cities and states in fiscal trouble
this is totally ridiculous
Oregon public university president receives monthly $76,111 pension | Daily Mail Online
A $76,000 Monthly Pension: Why States and Cities Are Short on Cash

Do Republicans Senators and House of Representatives get pensions? This has to stop.

Fuck a university president. That's the schools problem.

Members of Congress are eligible for a pension after just five years in office, so that means senators qualify for one after a single six-year term.

North Carolina's Kay Hagan, for instance, lost her first bid for reelection. For senators and representatives with only six years in office, the annual pension is about 10% of annual pay -- in Hagan's case, that's $17,400 a year based on her annual salary of $174,000. She can start collecting her pension in May when she turns 62.

Colorado's first term senator, Mark Udall, also lost Tuesday. But he'll be paid about $47,000 a year since he also served five terms in the House. Since he's 64, he can start collecting his pension as soon as he leaves office.

Senior members with 32 years in office can earn 80% of their pay, or about $139,000 a year.

This year there are nine members of Congress leaving with 80% pay.

I don't want to hear shit about unions and pensions from Republicans until they stop this pension bullshit.

Not even Republicans can defend this fact: senators qualify for a pension after a single six-year term

My objection is that tax payers are paying for this and THAT makes it excessive, not simply how much it is.

But aren't you Republicans against government unions and government workers getting pensions? Of course you are. So why do you put up with Senators getting pensions?

If Pensions don't make sense for us they shouldn't still be giving politicians pensions.

This should be unacceptable to Republicans.

But aren't you Republicans against government unions and government workers getting pensions? Of course you are. So why do you put up with Senators getting pensions?

If Pensions don't make sense for us they shouldn't still be giving politicians pensions.

That is why the hated evil tea party was started and destroyed.

That is why the hated evil tea party was started and destroyed.

I don't hate Democrats so much for taking these pensions because they aren't anti pensions. I'm pissed off at the Republican Senators who don't put a stop to this. They are the ones who say Pensions don't make sense, except if you are giving it to them.

This is something right wingers should love. After all, they are thrilled the Koch Brothers, two of the richest men who have ever lived, deserve a 1.5 billion dollar tax break. Nothing thrills a right winger more than someone who is already among the needy rich getting more money.

5426-1521557131-e899560d07b400904bae1e16b9d0cc8a.jpg

You couldn't be more wrong. Public employees don't negotiate their comp with taxpayers. They "negotiate" (actually collude) with other public employees and politicians to rig the system in their mutual favor. Those who actually pay for it do not have a seat at the table.

Mike Bellotti the ex-Oregon football coach receives about $50K a month from PERS.
Here in Oregon, PERS has been an outrage to taxpayers for many years now.

Forum List

Back