75 years ago today: WWII begins

In a couple of minutes, there will be a large, solemn commemoration of the start of WWII in Danzig, Poland.

It will be carried live here:

PHOENIX Livestream
As if you give a shit. Pretender.

You can feel free to troll as far as you think you can get away with it, it only makes you and your "argumentation" look ridiculous. Instead of challenging the idea, you have attacked me. And yet, you know nothing about me.

Most of the dead were bad guys. Unlike today where we sit and whine.

So you disagreed with my post about the Chinese and their ongoing war with Japan because I disagreed with your FDR post?

Great. Remind me to keep you on the other side of any positions I have.

Anyways man. Agree with FDR or not, the man drug us and every Charles Lindbergh NAZI sympathizer we had into WWII.

Not that I can blame the pacifists that much. Or at least I understand them. Many were of age to remember the horrors of The War to End All Wars.

Why would you stoop to argue with someone like that as though he had an actual position on anything?
Some times you end up feeding the trolls because you are not aware of what they are and the jackassery you are dealing with.

So you disagreed with my post about the Chinese and their ongoing war with Japan because I disagreed with your FDR post?

Great. Remind me to keep you on the other side of any positions I have.

Anyways man. Agree with FDR or not, the man drug us and every Charles Lindbergh NAZI sympathizer we had into WWII.

Not that I can blame the pacifists that much. Or at least I understand them. Many were of age to remember the horrors of The War to End All Wars.
Did I quote you post, Gertrude...or are you just lonely today?

Ok, we all think you are 12. Do you have an honest opinion herd or are ya the troll everyone thinks you are?

So, in your own words describe how you disagree with what FDR did in regards to American entry into the war. Try to at least use several sentences and as little name calling as you can stand. FDR was not infallible. I know what I disagree with in regards to him. You?

Ok, we all think you are 12. Do you have an honest opinion herd or are ya the troll everyone thinks you are?

So, in your own words describe how you disagree with what FDR did in regards to American entry into the war. Try to at least use several sentences and as little name calling as you can stand. FDR was not infallible. I know what I disagree with in regards to him. You?
He sucked at the tango.

Del, is that all you have? :( Come on man. Read wikipedia and come back with SOMETHING. It is easy. Some 1930's ties perhaps to American investors?

From the Westerplatte, in Danzig (Gdansk), Poland:

GedenkfeierDanzig01September2014_zpsebac923c.png

On the left, German Bundespräsident Joachim Gauck and his wife: to their right, the President of Poland, Bronisław Komorowski and his wife.

The President of Poland, Pres. Komorowski, is giving the first speech after an orchestra played the world premiere of a piece composed for this day.

German Bundespräsident Gauck is now speaking and he is not holding back about his hate of Adolph Hitler, nor is he trying to make the german deeds from 1933-1945 to be harmless. President Gauck has a way of finding a sentence or two that will stick in peoples' heads for the next weeks.

GedenkfeierDanzig01September2014Gauck_zpsbe08c672.png

"...empfinde ich tiefe Scham und tiefes Mitgefühl"

"I feel deep shame and deep compassion (for the polish people)"

He didn't directly use the word "polish people" in that sentences, but the intent of his words is clear: shame for what the Germans of that day did, compassion for the polish people.

German Bundespräsident Gauck is now speaking and he is not holding back about his hate of Adolph Hitler, nor is he trying to make the german deeds from 1933-1945 to be harmless. President Gauck has a way of finding a sentence or two that will stick in peoples' heads for the next weeks.

GedenkfeierDanzig01September2014Gauck_zpsbe08c672.png

"...empfinde ich tiefe Scham und tiefes Mitgefühl"

"I feel deep shame and deep compassion (for the polish people)"

He didn't directly use the word "polish people" in that sentences, but the intent of his words is clear: shame for what the Germans of that day did, compassion for the polish people.

I just wrote that Pres. Gauck has a way of making sentences that stick in peoples' heads for a while, and in this case, he actually created a new word in German, or rather, he just coined it:

Enfeindung.

Feind = Enemy

But the word "Entfeindung" - to do away with the state of being enemies - does not officially exist in German. You won't find the word in a German dictionary:

http://www.duden.de/suchen/shop/Entfeindung

Well, as of now, it will become a word in German, I bet.

And Gauck did it in a way that Germans will like:

"Das Wunder der Entfeindung (mit Polen".

"The miracle of the cessation of being enemies (with Poland)."

But the Germans are used to seeing the words "Das Wunder von" in tandem with the year 1954, when Germany, 9 years after losing WWII, won the World Cup in Soccer (was held in Switzerland).

So, not only did Pres. Gauck create a new German word, he used it in a way that is a positive double entendre, because for many Germans of that day, the win in 1954 gave them the feeling that they were alllowed to once again be part of the family of mankind.

Last edited:
FDR caught with no strategy....wha?

You lying dumb fuck. One of my uncles was working in a box factory in Oregon. After that attack on Poland some people visited their plant. When the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, the plant shut down for 4 days. And started up the fifth day making ammo boxes, and other types of boxes needed by the military. The plans and machine parts were already there and ready. And that same uncle, not so long after was at Kasserine Pass.

I find it so damned sad that people like you on the very far right have to constantly lie about history simply because it does not agree with your warped ideology.

You lying dumb fuck. One of my uncles was working in a box factory in Oregon. After that attack on Poland some people visited their plant. When the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, the plant shut down for 4 days. And started up the fifth day making ammo boxes, and other types of boxes needed by the military. The plans and machine parts were already there and ready. And that same uncle, not so long after was at Kasserine Pass.

I find it so damned sad that people like you on the very far right have to constantly lie about history simply because it does not agree with your warped ideology.
After the attack....the prosecution rests ....:asshole:

"Most of the dead were bad guys". Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the German young men were the bad guys. The millions of Russian civilians and soldiers were bad guys. The millions of Japanese and Chinese were bad guys. Does your idiocy never end? In war, most of the 'bad guys' never even get their hair ruffled. They just plan the deaths and misery of millions of others with impunity. At least in WW2, we hung a few of the bastards at the end of the war.

Most of the dead, ours and theirs, were victims of the evil ambitions of a few.

He was supporting his "Uncle Joe" who starved 7MM people including 3 MILLION children to death in the Ukraine.

FDR was a truly sick individual

Frankie boy, you are one sick asshole. FDR supported the USSR for one reason. That front destroyed the German Army. Without the Eastern Front, the invasion of Europe would have been much more difficult, maybe impossible. Also, it gave us a breach into the average Russians perception of the world. Enough of them remembered that the trucks that they used in the destruction of the Wehrmacht were Studabakers, that Stalin and those after him could not tell enough lies to erase that memory.

He was supporting his "Uncle Joe" who starved 7MM people including 3 MILLION children to death in the Ukraine.

Frankie boy, you are one sick asshole. FDR supported the USSR for one reason. That front destroyed the German Army. Without the Eastern Front, the invasion of Europe would have been much more difficult, maybe impossible. Also, it gave us a breach into the average Russians perception of the world. Enough of them remembered that the trucks that they used in the destruction of the Wehrmacht were Studabakers, that Stalin and those after him could not tell enough lies to erase that memory.
And that, my friends, is why Rooskies support Obabble today.

And that, my friends, is why Rooskies support Obabble today.

Keep talking. Everyone will see you for what you are.

Thankfully America had a President that had foreseen the coming war and had begun to prepare the nation for war despite the constant road blocks and attempts to delay and stop him by isolationist and libertarians. FDR brilliantly began research and development of weapons and weapon systems under the noses of of the partisan politics of the day so that when war came the nation was able to swing into production of the weapons that would win the war and save millions of American lives.

= he lied to get reelected (sound familiar?)

"I have said this before, but I shall say it again and again and again; your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars."

Yeah...

Not sure if this captured the quote about us not sending our boys to foreign wars....

Definately a broken campaign promise. Was that 1937? You can either assume Hitler made a big enough jerk of himself we could not later avoid war or that FDR thought the Europeans could handle themselves and our oil embargo on Japan would work.

None the less, you have a point. FDR did take us to war.

Forum List

Back