75 years ago today: WWII begins

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Candle.jpg

On September 1, 1939, NAZI Germany began WWII with an "Überfall" in Poland, starting at 04:45 in the morning.

With that secret and cowardly attack, Germany set the world in flames for 6 long years, in a war that cost our world many, many millions of innocent lives.

Candle.jpg

On September 1, 1939, NAZI Germany began WWII with an "Überfall" in Poland, starting at 04:45 in the morning.

With that secret and cowardly attack, Germany set the world in flames for 6 long years, in a war that cost our world many, many millions of innocent lives.

And changed milions more.....the world actually..................

• Banned
FDR caught with no strategy....wha?

I recall that day...put a libturd in my diaper I was so excited.

Just when I think that a thread is self-explanatory enough for people to know that there is no reason to flame, sure enough, some asshole comes along and flames just for the purpose of flaming.

deltex1, you just stamped on the memory of millions of people who perished in a horrible war.

• Banned
Candle.jpg

And changed milions more.....the world actually..................

Indeed. I concur with you.

Thankfully America had a President that had foreseen the coming war and had begun to prepare the nation for war despite the constant road blocks and attempts to delay and stop him by isolationist and libertarians. FDR brilliantly began research and development of weapons and weapon systems under the noses of of the partisan politics of the day so that when war came the nation was able to swing into production of the weapons that would win the war and save millions of American lives.

The Polish invasion is the classical beginning of the war. Some folks especially in China probably feel it should be marked earlier but I understand the Polish anniversary. By that time everyone in the world had to know trouble on an epic scale was brewing no matter how deep a hole they had their head in.

i'm sure quit a shock to the pacifist appeaser Neville Chamberlain

His political legacy is overshadowed by his dealings with and appeasement of Nazi Germany. He signed the Munich Agreement with Hitler in 1938, which effectively allowed Germany to annex the Czech Sudetenland. Shortly thereafter, Hitler occupied the remainder of Czechoslovakia, technically his first International aggression, and the first step on the road to World War II. Chamberlain entered into a Mutual Defense Pact with Poland, but was unable to do anything directly when Germany invaded it six days later on September 1, 1939

Most of the dead were bad guys. Unlike today where we sit and whine.

So you disagreed with my post about the Chinese and their ongoing war with Japan because I disagreed with your FDR post?

Great. Remind me to keep you on the other side of any positions I have.

Anyways man. Agree with FDR or not, the man drug us and every Charles Lindbergh NAZI sympathizer we had into WWII.

Not that I can blame the pacifists that much. Or at least I understand them. Many were of age to remember the horrors of The War to End All Wars.

One can only imagine how much deep thought and attention goes into portraying ones self as an idiot and disgusting human being as this looser. The overwhelming need to mark every and any thread possible with foul thread graffiti with the sad insecure message of "look and pay attention to me" caused by insecurity and lack of self esteem is beyond deserving of sympathy.

Today, throughout Germany and Poland there are a number of solemn commemorations of the beginning of WWII.

Most heartening are the joint-commemorations that are happening in German and Polish cities that are right on the border, for instance: Görlitz, or also Frankfurt an der Oder (there are TWO Frankfurts in Germany, most do not know this).

One can only imagine how much deep thought and attention goes into portraying ones self as an idiot and disgusting human being as this looser. The overwhelming need to mark every and any thread possible with foul thread graffiti with the sad insecure message of "look and pay attention to me" caused by insecurity and lack of self esteem is beyond deserving of sympathy.
Don't be so hard on yourself, Gertrude. At least you can't blame Bush for WW2. GFY.

Thankfully America had a President that had foreseen the coming war and had begun to prepare the nation for war despite the constant road blocks and attempts to delay and stop him by isolationist and libertarians. FDR brilliantly began research and development of weapons and weapon systems under the noses of of the partisan politics of the day so that when war came the nation was able to swing into production of the weapons that would win the war and save millions of American lives.

= he lied to get reelected (sound familiar?)

"I have said this before, but I shall say it again and again and again; your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars."

Yeah...

Don't be so hard on yourself, Gertrude. At least you can't blame Bush for WW2. GFY.

Just plain fucking stupid.

In a couple of minutes, there will be a large, solemn commemoration of the start of WWII in Danzig, Poland.

It will be carried live here:

PHOENIX Livestream

The President of Germany and the President of Poland (both Germany and Poland a Prime Minister and a President, respectively) - both gentlemen will lay wreaths at a memorial in Danzig and they will do it together.

Last edited:

So you disagreed with my post about the Chinese and their ongoing war with Japan because I disagreed with your FDR post?

Great. Remind me to keep you on the other side of any positions I have.

Anyways man. Agree with FDR or not, the man drug us and every Charles Lindbergh NAZI sympathizer we had into WWII.

Not that I can blame the pacifists that much. Or at least I understand them. Many were of age to remember the horrors of The War to End All Wars.

Why would you stoop to argue with someone like that as though he had an actual position on anything?

Forum List

Back