70% Of Jobs Added In January Were Minimum Wage Waiters And Retail Workers

But Obozo claims the economy is doing just fine! Best employment record in years. Household wages increasing. Hooray. Give us another four years.

This is the full breakdown of January job gains:

Retail Trade: +58K

Leisure and Hospitality, which includes food workers: +44K

Professional and business service workers, excluding temp workers: +34K

Manufacturing workers posted a curious rebound, rising by +29K. We are confident this number will be revised promptly lower.

Construction +18K

Wholesale Trade: +9K

Education and Health saw a big and unexplained drop from 54K to 6K

Information services added just 1K workers

As for sectors losing workers included Temp Help workers, Transportation and Warehousing (courtesy of the truck and train recession), Mining and Logging, and Government workers.

Bottom line: the big sequential bounce in wages was driven entirely by the January minimum wage increase, and the low December base effect. Expect this sequential increase to renormalize in February when the base now reflect higher minimum wages.

Story @ Prison Planet.com » 70% Of Jobs Added In January Were Minimum Wage Waiters And Retail Workers
But your headline specifically says "waiters and retail workers" but then all that's talked about is industry, not occupation. Do you consider the headline honest?

Obama wants higher wages, republicans fight him

Republicans then cry that the majority of jobs created are low wage.

It's like sticking your foot in the water and complaining about a wet sock
Every one wants higher wages, Obama can't do any more about it than I can.

You missed the part where Republicans don't want higher wages.
Nonsense. If you look at the two parties it's the dems that benefit from low wages, more people to vote for handouts.
Cloward Piven.

I said not one thing about who benefits. I said Republicans don't want higher wages and they dont. Then they complain that the wages are low. Focus
Again, nonsense. There is absolutely no reason the reps would be against higher wages. Poor people are have traditionally voted dem, why would the reps want increase dem voter roles?

Because our GOP policy leaders don't think clearly on populist matters. Yes, higher wages would make them more likely to vote Pub.

Nonsense. If you look at the two parties it's the dems that benefit from low wages, more people to vote for handouts.
Cloward Piven.

I said not one thing about who benefits. I said Republicans don't want higher wages and they dont. Then they complain that the wages are low. Focus
Again, nonsense. There is absolutely no reason the reps would be against higher wages. Poor people are have traditionally voted dem, why would the reps want increase dem voter roles?

Wait, so at first you said raising the wage would for some reason result in more people voting democrat. Then say there isn't a reason reps would be against higher wages after giving a reason you yourself just gave.

Nice double talk ya got there.

Cloward Piven.

Wait, so at first you said raising the wage would for some reason result in more people voting democrat. Then say there isn't a reason reps would be against higher wages after giving a reason you yourself just gave.

No, keeping wages low would be beneficial to dems as the poor tend to vote dem. Besides the only intelligent way to raise wages is with an improving economy, not with govt waving their magic wand.

Cloward Piven.

No, keeping wages low would be beneficial to dems as the poor tend to vote dem. Besides the only intelligent way to raise wages is with an improving economy, not with govt waving their magic wand.

Once again you provided a reason why reps would be against helping most Americans after stating reps dont have a reason.

Think about that reasoning...don't give the majority of Americans a raise because they might not vote for me. What type of self serving backwards logic is that?

Like poor people don't vote republican lol

Because they're poor so they can't or something logical like that

Cloward Piven.

Once again you provided a reason why reps would be against helping most Americans after stating reps dont have a reason.

Think about that reasoning...don't give the majority of Americans a raise because they might not vote for me. What type of self serving backwards logic is that?
Exactly what reason did I give for reps being against higher wages. I'm merely pointing out that of the two political parties the dems would benefit more from low wages than reps as the poor tend to vote dem.

The self serving logic is known as Cloward Piven.

And by the way how is it that the dems would give "the majority of Americans a raise"? The magic wand again?

You can't get a higher wage?????
I run my own business, my wage is determined by my efforts and the realities of economic conditions, not some govt official that's never had a job in the private sector arbitrarily deciding what I should earn.

Like poor people don't vote republican lol

Because they're poor so they can't or something logical like that
Are you denying that the poor have traditionally voted dem more than rep?
Exactly what reason did I give for reps being against higher wages.

Poor people are have traditionally voted dem, why would the reps want increase dem voter roles?
?????

Question marks is the correct response when you're confronted with your own words lol

Read it again, if you're still confused then you're either a dumb fuck or a stupid fuck. Either way, go play with someone else double talker

But Obozo claims the economy is doing just fine! Best employment record in years. Household wages increasing. Hooray. Give us another four years.

Manufacturing workers posted a curious rebound, rising by +29K. We are confident this number will be revised promptly lower.

Construction +18K

As for sectors losing workers included Temp Help workers, Transportation and Warehousing (courtesy of the truck and train recession), Mining and Logging, and Government workers.

Bottom line: the big sequential bounce in wages was driven entirely by the January minimum wage increase, and the low December base effect. Expect this sequential increase to renormalize in February when the base now reflect higher minimum wages.

Story @ Prison Planet.com » 70% Of Jobs Added In January Were Minimum Wage Waiters And Retail Workers
Yep. Huge gains in part time and seasonal. Retail current being laid off. Tourism/leisure will go through layoffs in a few months.
Right. So many tourism jobs will be lost during the summer vacation season.

Thus is the only ham handed retort Consevatives can muster.
See ski resorts and lodges. New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Vermont, NY, etc etc...
See fishing guides in the same areas. See National parks, amusement parks, petting zoos and camp sites. See Disney World, golf courses, car rentals and hotels. Understand that school is out, vacations are planned and not everyone will go skiing.

Construction +18K

Yep. Huge gains in part time and seasonal. Retail current being laid off. Tourism/leisure will go through layoffs in a few months.
Right. So many tourism jobs will be lost during the summer vacation season.

Thus is the only ham handed retort Consevatives can muster.
See ski resorts and lodges. New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Vermont, NY, etc etc...
See fishing guides in the same areas. See National parks, amusement parks, petting zoos and camp sites. See Disney World, golf courses, car rentals and hotels. Understand that school is out, vacations are planned and not everyone will go skiing.
In case you missed it... Due to record snowfall this year the leisure/hospitality industry was mass hiring. Specifically FOR ski resorts and lodges...when the snow melts they will get laid off.

Read it again, if you're still confused then you're either a dumb fuck or a stupid fuck. Either way, go play with someone else double talker
Wow good reply. I guess swearing takes the place of a coherent response.

Here I'll quote it again because it's not your fault youre slow

See above, you asked what reason did you give for reps being against higher wages. Got it? Ok, now here is what you said before.

Poor people are have traditionally voted dem, why would the reps want increase dem voter roles?

Are you saying that reps would WANT to increase dem voter rolls? Of course not, so the reason you asked for in the first quote is in the second quote.

Got it now, or are you denying that's a reason you gave for being against higher wages?

Here I'll quote it again because it's not your fault youre slow

See above, you asked what reason did you give for reps being against higher wages. Got it? Ok, now here is what you said before.

Are you saying that reps would WANT to increase dem voter rolls? Of course not, so the reason you asked for in the first quote is in the second quote.

Got it now, or are you denying that's a reason you gave for being against higher wages?
What planet are you on. If the reps worked to keep wages low that would tend to make more people poor and therefore would help the dems. So it would make no sense for the reps to want more poor people. Got it?

Forum List

Back