66% of Child Torture Victims "Homeschooled"

One has to have quite an ego to think they can be an educator in all subjects
If the competition is the idiots who call themselves teachers I'll challenge one and all, in any topic. Those who can;DO. Those who can not: teach.
I deal with so-called engineers and architects and veterinarians all the time. The majority are complete assholes

If the competition is the idiots who call themselves teachers I'll challenge one and all, in any topic. Those who can;DO. Those who can not: teach.
I deal with so-called engineers and architects and veterinarians all the time. The majority are complete assholes

Music theory. No cheating on Google. Go

And while you're at it how many instruments do you play

I'll get us started:

In the key of D which chords are tonic, dominant, subdominant.

I'll get us started:

Who cares?

Hmmmm Hmmmm Hmmmm. Yet the children tortured and bullied until they commit suicide went to public school.

I'll get us started:

Who cares?

It's about 6th grade music theory. He said he "challenge one and all in any topic".

I haven't heard from him.

BTW "playing by ear" is mostly built from chord knowledge. If you basically know those three chords you can play a LOT of what you hear on the radio by ear. or fudge it

Since they really don't visit homes of homes of homeschooling and small daycares (6 or less), I am against them all. Put your child into a decent daycare, a larger one not a 6 child one, and no one should homeschool their kids.
I am pro public schools , that is why we pay taxes. The gov. should not fund parochial schools nor private schools and states should not either.
Michigan court approves public funding for private school mandates
In my years of teaching, I can think offhand of three homeschooled students who were among the best and brightest I ever had.

Homeschooling can be awesome when it is done well.
I agree! My two nieces were home schooled. My sister in law was a nurse, she took a hiatus for the first 10 years of the girl's lives and taught them, my brother in law had a degree in accounting, and then went back to school for a Masters in Theology... and he home schooled them the last 8 years, and my SILaw went back to work after she took a couple of courses to bring her up to date with nursing... one niece went on to college, got her degree, the other did not, but she's smart as a whip, and is going to do just fine! :)

They were part of a community of home schooled children, at least once a week, usually twice a week, they got together with the other home schooled children for planned events with them... so they got a taste of interactions with other children of the same age... and some of those children became their playmates on weekends or sleep overs...

Really, my nieces lived a pretty normal life, even as home schooled children...

I was SO AGAINST it when they first told Matt and me that they made the decision to home school them....
but now, 20 some years later, I CAN ADMIT, I was wrong!

I'll get us started:

Who cares?

It's about 6th grade music theory. He said he "challenge one and all in any topic".

I haven't heard from him.

BTW "playing by ear" is mostly built from chord knowledge. If you basically know those three chords you can play a LOT of what you hear on the radio by ear. or fudge it

I'm sorry! I have that moron on ignore!

everyone knows thee are resources out there for homeschoolers in fact there are far more resources now than there ever has been.

Do you really think the guy who teaches Physics 101 for 20 years is an expert physicist ?

I'll get us started:

I have met scores of very talented musicians who can't read a lick of music and know no music theory.

I'll get us started:

I have met scores of very talented musicians who can't read a lick of music and know no music theory.

Please note the question was not "do all good musicians know music theory?" but "If the competition is the idiots who call themselves teachers I'll challenge one and all IN ANY TOPIC"

Hmmmm Hmmmm Hmmmm. Yet the children tortured and bullied until they commit suicide went to public school.

Sure because homeschooling is perfect.

Dear Homeschooling Parents: Let’s Talk About Suicide
So is it your contention that home schooled kids commit suicide more often than other kids?

She said THE CHILDREN who commit suicide. Not "most" or "the majority". Implication is that it is all of them.

Please read so I'm not chasing all your reading deficiencies.

So is it your contention that home schooled kids commit suicide more often than other kids?

She said THE CHILDREN who commit suicide. Not "most" or "the majority". Implication is that it is all of them.

I did read it and the only examples used were home schooled kids.

There is no evidence that kids who are home schooled are more likely to commit suicide than any other kid

I did read it and the only examples used were home schooled kids.

There is no evidence that kids who are home schooled are more likely to commit suicide than any other kid

Of course not but the evidence that they never bully, are bullied or commit suicide is specious, and that was the strong implication

everyone knows thee are resources out there for homeschoolers in fact there are far more resources now than there ever has been.

Do you really think the guy who teaches Physics 101 for 20 years is an expert physicist ?

No, but they damn sure now more than 99.9% of homeshoolers.

Physics 101 can be learned without a teacher especially today with the resources available on line

Physics 101 can be learned without a teacher especially today with the resources available on line

That's wonderful everything can be learned then without a teacher, including the private music lessons you give. Right? I mean aren't YouTube lessons on guitar just as good?

Yes or no

Forum List

Back