63% of Americans Do Not Want Debt Ceiling Raised CBS News/New York Times

Just go back and read this current President's own past words on opposing raising the Debt Limit. He voted against it. So why all the sudden concern and change of heart on this from him and the Democrats?

Because it's not 2006 any more.

I was unaware that the natural laws of economics had changed within the last 5 years.

Just go back and read this current President's own past words on opposing raising the Debt Limit. He voted against it. So why all the sudden concern and change of heart on this from him and the Democrats?

There is a difference between raising the ceiling to give the rich a tax cut and raising the ceiling to keep the American economy from defaiult.

so we keep being told...so when do words count? when YOU or he says they do, oh wait:eusa_whistle:....

By doing the right thing by cutting spending and taxes. That's what needs to be done.

The idea that because the American people don't want to cut spending, raise taxes, or raise the debt ceiling, we need should just raise the debt ceiling is ridiculous. If the American people don't want to do all three, then do the one that's the right thing to do.

We can cut spending. We can cut taxes and increase the tax base which means more revenue. We can do this. But the politicians in Washington are cowards.

:lol: Cut taxes for whom and increase the tax base to whom? I'm very interested in hearing this. You do realize that spending you cut will be offset by any tax cuts, right?

You are selectively picking and choosing when you think Americans are right on this issue. You believe they're right in not seeing the debt ceiling raised. But wrong for not wanting to cut spending.

BTW DBS, are you going to provide any evidence to support your claim that this poll means that Democratic voters are more educated aside from your own hubris? I don't see how it can possibly indicate that they are more educated when they opposed it in 2006 and most smart people wouldnt be going into more debt.

There is a difference between raising the ceiling to give the rich a tax cut and raising the ceiling to keep the American economy from defaiult.

Let's be honest here. The only reason the asshole wants to rasise the debt ceiling now is because he wants to keep spending our money out his asshole. End of story.

It's the same argument every time they try to raise it. They try to scare the people into raising the limit by saying we will be in default. Do they ever bother paying off our debts so we don't go into default? Nope. They are trying to scam the people and the people are sick and tired of it.

You want to give a government that can't control is spending more money to spend and you think you are educated and intelligent?

What a world we live in.

Becuase our debt to liquidity will be extraordinalrily high....making us a high credit risk for more debt.

If it meant we would default on our debt...our rating would be an F

Wrong. This post serves as an example of what I was talking about.

D is the lowest.

S&P | Ratings Credit Ratings Definitions & FAQs | Americas

‘D’—Payment default on financial commitments.

Modbert......the link? COnfirmed exactly what I said...and completely negates what you claim.
Thanks for your support!:eusa_angel:

"Credit ratings are forward-looking opinions about credit risk. Standard & Poor’s credit ratings express the agency’s opinion about the ability and willingness of an issuer, such as a corporation or state or city government, to meet its financial obligations in full and on time"

Not meeting in full and/or not on time is BY NO MEANS defaulting on a debt. It means that your debt compared to your liquidity (or ability to meet the demands of the debt in a timely manner) isd such that you are a very high risk.

If it is anticipated that one will DEFAULT on a debt...which means NOT BE ABLE TO MEET IT...they would have an F rating and be considered one that should not receive ANY additional credit at all.

This President's own past words on opposing raising the Debt Limit were spot-on. He was right back then. He's wrong now. And Politicians wonder why so many people despise them? With such blatant dishonesty & hypocrisy on display,who can blame them?

I was unaware that the natural laws of economics had changed within the last 5 years.

They haven't.

When the economy is humming along and doing well (2006) that is the time to not raise the ceiling and get things in order. When it's struggling with high unemployment (2011) that is the time to deficit spend and get things moving along.

I'm sure that's what you were referring to though, right?

By doing the right thing by cutting spending and taxes. That's what needs to be done.

The idea that because the American people don't want to cut spending, raise taxes, or raise the debt ceiling, we need should just raise the debt ceiling is ridiculous. If the American people don't want to do all three, then do the one that's the right thing to do.

We can cut spending. We can cut taxes and increase the tax base which means more revenue. We can do this. But the politicians in Washington are cowards.

:lol: Cut taxes for whom and increase the tax base to whom? I'm very interested in hearing this. You do realize that spending you cut will be offset by any tax cuts, right?

You are selectively picking and choosing when you think Americans are right on this issue. You believe they're right in not seeing the debt ceiling raised. But wrong for not wanting to cut spending.

Fact: Higher taxes shrink the tax base because people with means leave the jurisdiction to keep more of their money.

You lower taxes to a competitive rate, you will have more people investing and trying to make money in the United States. Which means more revenues. You make more money when 5 people are paying $400 than when 3 people are paying $500.

Stop burdening the American people with heavy taxes and through spending money we don't have. It's common sense policy and it's morally the right thing to do.

Fact: Higher taxes shrink the tax base because people with means leave the jurisdiction to keep more of their money.

You lower taxes to a competitive rate, you will have more people investing and trying to make money in the United States. Which means more revenues. You make more money when 5 people are paying $400 than when 3 people are paying $500.

Stop burdening the American people with heavy taxes and through spending money we don't have. It's common sense policy and it's morally the right thing to do.

Except in those 3 small paragraphs, you never answered my question.

They haven't.

When the economy is humming along and doing well (2006) that is the time to not raise the ceiling and get things in order. When it's struggling with high unemployment (2011) that is the time to deficit spend and get things moving along.

No. When times are tough, you tighten the belt. You don't spend more.

Keynsian economics doesn't work.

You want to fix the unemployment rate? Cut taxes, cut spending, and cut unnecessarily regulations. Then you can step back and the American people will take care of themselves.

They haven't.

Ouch.

If that is your plan, I would hate to have you at the helm of my company.

I have a question for you....lets say you deficit spend and it DOESNT get things moving along.....then what?

You think like the gambler who says....

"I just lost a hundred dollarsd gambling on a long shot but I can make that 100 back by placing another bet on another long shot"

Very dangerous thought process. No consideration of the "what if's"

Except in those 3 small paragraphs, you never answered my question.

Not my fault if you dont listen

They haven't.

Ouch.

If that is your plan, I would hate to have you at the helm of my company.

I have a question for you....lets say you deficit spend and it DOESNT get things moving along.....then what?

You think like the gambler who says....

"I just lost a hundred dollarsd gambling on a long shot but I can make that 100 back by placing another bet on another long shot"

Very dangerous thought process. No consideration of the "what if's"

There is a reason he isn't the head of a company.

Modbert......the link? COnfirmed exactly what I said...and completely negates what you claim.
Thanks for your support!:eusa_angel:

"Credit ratings are forward-looking opinions about credit risk. Standard & Poor’s credit ratings express the agency’s opinion about the ability and willingness of an issuer, such as a corporation or state or city government, to meet its financial obligations in full and on time"

Not meeting in full and/or not on time is BY NO MEANS defaulting on a debt. It means that your debt compared to your liquidity (or ability to meet the demands of the debt in a timely manner) isd such that you are a very high risk.

If it is anticipated that one will DEFAULT on a debt...which means NOT BE ABLE TO MEET IT...they would have an F rating and be considered one that should not receive ANY additional credit at all.

Except it doesn't negate my claim at all. You're the one who doesn't know what the ratings mean and actually thought there was a F. Or are you going to ignore your own post?

They don't have an F rating because D fits the bill.

Stop making yourself look so foolish.

They haven't.

We borrowed another trillion to "get things moving along".

and it did nothing of any value.

Do you know anything about the lost decade of Japan?

Did you not learn anything at all from others mistakes?

The Democrats have reached the pinnacle in despicable dishonesty & hypocrisy. They brutally Demonized those in favor of raising Debt Limits and now they're brutally Demonizing those not in favor of raising Debt Limits. And this President is now the all-time Champion of dishonest hypocrisy. What a sad sad scam.

Forum List

Back