Is this Administrtion attemtping to push our Nation into a decline?

Robert

Really nice Guy
Mar 21, 2011
Pushing Decline
2:21 PM, Jul 10, 2011 • By DANIEL HALPER
Single Page Print Larger Text Smaller Text

Omri Ceren writes at Commentary,

It’s mindblowing that Democrats get to simultaneously push for $700 billion in defense cuts while demanding the government retain expansionary spending programs. The Republicans who are willing to trade robust national security to avert tax hikes have deeply flawed priorities, but at least those are identifiable priorities that can bedebated.

But Democrats are pushing cuts in military spending while insisting that what we need is more spending because spending as such – in the Keynesian sense where we should pay people to dig holes rather than let scared money stay on the sidelines — is good. That’s closer to sheer incoherence.

John Boehner, the Washington Times reports, has passed on the proposed deal: "Speaker John A. Boehner told President Obama on Saturday night he will not agree to the president’s most ambitious plan for deficit reduction, citing the administration’s pursuit of tax increases as one of the main hurdles."
Related Stories

Obama vs. Obama
Will the Senate Reach a Debt Agreement?
Not Taking Other People’s Money
A Sunday Sell-out?
The Daily Grind: Obama's Not Worried About ...

More by Daniel Halper

Syrians Attack U.S. Embassy in Damascus (Updated)
Republicans Vote Against Slashing Defense
Fox News Sunday Panel on Fast and Furious
Special Report Panel on Fast and Furious
Greece Offers to Send Flotilla Aid Directly to Gaza

And Speaker Boehner deserves praise for passing on a bad deal, Jim Pethokoukis argues:

So in the end, it was bit of a Ronald Reagan moment for John Boehner on Saturday. Just as the U.S. president walked away from a bad arms control agreement with Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev at Reykjavik, Iceland in 1986, the House speaker passed on President Barack Obama’s mega-debt reduction deal in Washington.

In both case, the asking price was just too high. For Reagan, it was lethal limitations on his Strategic Defense Initiative. For Boehner, it was a trillion-dollar tax distraction from America’s true fiscal threat: spending run amok: “Despite good-faith efforts to find common ground, the White House will not pursue a bigger debt reduction agreement without tax hikes.”

A GOP congressional source was a bit less diplomatic, telling me Saturday afternoon via email:

"Their fierce insistence on higher taxes is beyond bizarre. After months of demanding ‘clean’ increase to avert economic calamity (default), WH threatens economic calamity (default) unless they get economic calamity (trillions in tax hikes). No wonder these guys are governing over an economic calamity (9.2% & growth malaise), w/ an economic calamity on the horizon (debt explosion as mapped out in president’s budget). The bipartisan consensus on tax reform (broader base & lower rates) was championed by President’s fiscal commission, and yet now is being rebuked by the President. Lowering top rates that would help make America more competitive was too large a leap for a true class warrior."

Pushing Decline | The Weekly Standard

Last edited:
No, I don't think that is the goal. I do think that we have such an inexperienced president that he is still not too far along the learning curve for his job.

This president is proudly presiding over America's decline.

If you want to really understand what motivates Obama listen to what the far left, many of whom Obama has openly associated with. Their goals are his, and once you understand the left's disdain for this country and its culture it all makes sense.

Last edited:
Pushing Decline
2:21 PM, Jul 10, 2011 • By DANIEL HALPER
Single Page Print Larger Text Smaller Text

Omri Ceren writes at Commentary,

It’s mindblowing that Democrats get to simultaneously push for $700 billion in defense cuts while demanding the government retain expansionary spending programs.

Hmm, lets think about that childish statement a minute, as it sounds like a little spoiled child who thinks he is treated unfairly. The Defense budget increases annually, social programs do not, in fact social programs decline because there has been no change in the benefits in years going back, about the time Clinton cleaned up welfare. So much for unfair.

What spending programs are you concerned about that haven't already been reduced?

Too late... 30 years of Reagonomics has done that.

Jesus, how old are you? I bet you 3 when Reagan was in office.

Reagan took over an economy in turmoil. He didn't have to use the tactics of fear to get his legislation passed, he did it and it was evident as to why. After three years in office the economy was adding 350,000/month and continued for the majority of his second term. Coincidentally, that is the exact job growth over four years to completely regain pre-Grand Recession era numbers.

I implore you to listen to what Reagan said. The man won in a landslide we may never see again, 49 states, he was doing something right. I bet your parents voted for Reagan :razz:

This president is proudly presiding over America's decline.

If you want to really understand what motivates Obama listen to what the far left, many of whom Obama has openly associated with. Their goals are his, and once you understand the left's disdain for this country and its culture it all makes sense.

Are you a communist?

No, I don't think that is the goal. I do think that we have such an inexperienced president that he is still not too far along the learning curve for his job.

Hmm, judging from the right offered up, and the results, we are in big trouble.........LOL

Of course they are. That is part of the play book on how to have govt take over everything. Make things so bad that the free market collapses and everyone turns to the govt to be rescued.

All I can say is this...

When Obama campaigned he came up with a slogan...

"are you better off now than you were 8 years ago"

And everybody screamed "No!!!!!"

uh.....duh? We were in a recession that HIS campaign claimed was the worst since the great depression.

Ironically, if anyone asked that question a year earlier...people would have looked around at their homes, and their 2 cars and their flat screens and their computers and they would have said...

Uh....dam straight I am better off now thatn I was 8 years ago.

SO I am sick and tired of people saying reaganomics destroyed us.

Our poor live better than the middle class of nearly all other nations. Try watching "house hunters international" and see what they consider "luxurious homes"

We all knew from the beginning Obama was an empty suit that's nothing new. Sadly I don't believe he has our nation best interest at heart.

no, anymore than I believe the reps are happy over high unemployment.

I wish I had your faith in the matter.

As sad as this sounds...

I have no doubt that Harry Reid smiled behind closed doors when Iraq casualty numbers came in while Bush was in office and Boehner had a boner when the unemployment numbers came in last week

We all knew from the beginning Obama was an empty suit that's nothing new. Sadly I don't believe he has our nation best interest at heart.
Actually, I think he does. And, that scares me quite a bit for two reasons: (1) his inexperience, still; and (2) based on his ideology, what he thinks is the Nation's best interest is not, if we want our Nation still to resemble its original design.

Actually, I think he does. And, that scares me quite a bit for two reasons: (1) his inexperience, still; and (2) based on his ideology, what he thinks is the Nation's best interest is not, if we want our Nation still to resemble its original design.

, if we want our Nation still to resemble its original design
Of course I should have been more clear as to what I was referring to. The end result is the same.

, if we want our Nation still to resemble its original design
Of course I should have been more clear as to what I was referring to. The end result is the same.
Yes, I agree and that is likely more of a concern, IMO, too.

Forum List

Back