63% of Americans Do Not Want Debt Ceiling Raised CBS News/New York Times

Probably not. I agree that the majority of Americans oppose raising the debt limit. I also think that doesn't change the fact Democratic voters know more about this subject, and that the public as a whole is pretty ignorant about it.

Aside from pure hubris, where is there any evidence that Democratic voters know more about this subject? Especially since they continue to vote in people who pretend we don't have to have any spending restraint whatsoever?

I'd say, if anythying, Democrat voters are fairly ignorant.

I also have to ask: is there any evidence, especially considering the last time the Debt ceiling was up for a vote, Democrats Opposed it?

This Poll is funny in some ways. Some Democrats on this board are touting the fact most Democrats currently support raising the Debt Limit. And they're claiming this makes Democrats so much smarter than most Americans. Yet these same smart Democrats vehemently opposed raising Debt Limits in the past. In fact this current President used to love hopping up on his high-horse preaching about how awful raising the Debt Limit was. He then voted against it. So now the Democrats are cheerleading for raising Debt Limits? That doesn't make them smart. That just makes them dishonest hypocrites. They should actually be ashamed of themselves.

They just dont like the idea of fiscal discipline. It means they can steal less money for themselves.

You mean like the guys that got rid of Paygo..and refused to reinstate it?:lol:

That would be real reform. Making Paygo the law of the land.

From the article:

"Sixty-seven percent of GOP voters and 51 percent of independents think raising the debt ceiling is a bad idea. Democratic voters, by comparison favored raising the debt ceiling by a 44 to 21 percent margin."

I think that clearly shows that Democratic voters are more educated on the subject.

Yep

see post #34.

how many ways you want to slice your bologna?

by not raising the debt ceiling before august, we WILL default on our loans....there is no way out of it, from what i have read, the gvt used up all of their accounting tricks, and ran out of all of their 'stealing from peter to pay paul'' tricks.

if we default, then ALL WILL BE MISERABLE FOR ALL Americans....interest rates on our debt will go higher, borrowing money for our government and for every individual and for every business will be higher....it would be like the biggest tax hike in our history when all is said and done.....

i really do not want this to befall upon Americans, and it WILL, if we do not pay for what we have spent....and justly so....everyone SHOULD PAY THEIR BILLS.

So you believe that exponential debt forever expanding has to done? That the answer to $14,000,000,000,000 credit debt is more credit?

Again, you have really bought into the left's fake threat that America will default if they can't raise the debt from $14 trillion to $18 trillion.

Let me ask you this: if we raise the limit and in three years reach it again what is the answer then? We can't not raise it right?

You are incorrect that it is not possible to not raise the debt ceiling and service American debt. Simply wrong.

I like how so many posters are playing armchair economist. Though I guess it's easy to believe it's okay to play russian roulette with a full chamber when it comes to the economy when you have no idea what you're talking about.

This Poll is funny in some ways. Some Democrats on this board are touting the fact most Democrats currently support raising the Debt Limit. And they're claiming this makes Democrats so much smarter than most Americans. Yet these same smart Democrats vehemently opposed raising Debt Limits in the past. In fact this current President used to love hopping up on his high-horse preaching about how awful raising the Debt Limit was. He then voted against it. So now the Democrats are cheerleading for raising Debt Limits? That doesn't make them smart. That just makes them dishonest hypocrites. They should actually be ashamed of themselves.

They just dont like the idea of fiscal discipline. It means they can steal less money for themselves.

you mean like pelosi reinstating it and then promptly ignoring it?

so it appears to me at least in this instance the reps weren't the hypocrites...were they?

I like how so many posters are playing armchair economist. Though I guess it's easy to believe it's okay to play russian roulette with a full chamber when it comes to the economy when you have no idea what you're talking about.

Gun to the head, Russian roulette are you a Obama speech writer?

I could definitely hear him using that line, and I believe he has used armchair economist...wait are you just copying and pasting Obama quotes?

How do you know I DON'T know what I am talking about?
I base my sentiments on what I hear from people I deem as qualified to offer sound and educated opinions....just as I am sure you do.
Are you sure those you listen to are more qualified?

Paygo is bullcrap and you know it. Fiscal discipline does not mean spending like crazy and then hiking taxes to match it. It means eliminating wasteful spending and shrinking the size of government.

Why do you feel the need to burden your fellow Americans more than they are already burdened? You think you are entitled to make them work harder? Do you think you are entitled to make your children and grandchildren work for you?

Are you that corrupt that you honestly think that $2.15 Trillion dollars isn't more than enough money to run the government?

So if not raising the debt ceiling will not have a negative effect on us, why is S&P going to lower our credit rating to D? For the lulz?

Becuase our debt to liquidity will be extraordinalrily high....making us a high credit risk for more debt.

If it meant we would default on our debt...our rating would be an F

someone should tell sallow the majority has 'spoken'..

That was his response when asked why 63% of Americans side with the Republicans.

WSJ/NBC News Poll Finds Support Lacking for Entitlement Reductions - WSJ.com

WASHINGTON— Less than a quarter of Americans support making significant cuts to Social Security or Medicare to tackle the country's mounting deficit, according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll, illustrating the challenge facing lawmakers who want voter buy-in to alter entitlement programs

In the poll, Americans across all age groups and ideologies said by large margins that it was "unacceptable'' to make significant cuts in entitlement programs in order to reduce the federal deficit. Even tea party supporters, by a nearly 2-to-1 margin, declared significant cuts to Social Security "unacceptable."

How do you know I DON'T know what I am talking about?
I base my sentiments on what I hear from people I deem as qualified to offer sound and educated opinions....just as I am sure you do.
Are you sure those you listen to are more qualified?

It's a left wing thang... they spend 8 years in college studying basket weaving and that makes them smarter than everybody on the planet.

Since when do you have to be an economist to understand that you don't eliminate debt by raising your credit limits?

Apparently, you are more concerned about paying off Democrat special interests than you are about fiscal responsibility. And that's pretty sad.

Since when do you have to be an economist to understand that you don't eliminate debt by raising your credit limits?

Apparently, you are more concerned about paying off Democrat special interests than you are about fiscal responsibility. And that's pretty sad.

They want the payout to keep rolling.

Forum List

Back