60 Minutes: Unemployment at 17%

The entire economy and the unemployment rate will do a complete reversal as soon as the Republicans are in power! Everyone knows this!!

The entire economy and the unemployment rate will do a complete reversal as soon as the Republicans are in power! Everyone knows this!!

Your sarcasm is noted but in reality you are probably right. The Adults will be back and things will likely turn around. Seriously,did anyone really believe that Anti-American Marxist-indoctrinated children could run a country? I know i didn't believe that. Things will get better once the Republicans take charge. Bet on it.

It's between 12 to 15% right here in Ohio.

This is not really a shock to conservatives. Rush has been saying the real number of unemployed was at 17% for months!

The liberal press and government have been cooking the books for months to keep it under 10% when everyone knew it was far worse than that!

You do realize that the higher numbers come from the same agency that does the official rate. So it's hardly "cooking the books" when it's in the very same report. It's just a different look at different things. The U-6 in its current form has been published since 1994...funny how during the Bush era Rush et al weren't complaining that the "real unemployment" was 14%. The Liberals were, of course, but they stopped pointing to the U-6 as "real unemployment" once Obama was elected.

LibocalypseNow said:
Look for them to claim the Unemployment Rate has magically dropped right before the Elections on Nov. 2nd as well.
I'll take that bet. The Employment Situation Report won't even be finished by 2 Nov. Publication is 5 November.

The Stimulus could have been spent more wisely with regards to employment. A lot of it went to union wage jobs and benefits, when it could have went to non union wage job and benefits and created even more jobs. We do know why this went down the way it did, so I don't need to rehash it.

Are you test marketing a new conservative talking point?

...oh well...we would have supported the stimulus if it had just been tweaked a little bit...

lol

projecting again? You do know that you suck at it. :eusa_whistle:

last weekend i sat with excel and some formulas I wrote to figure out how many long-term, real wealth producing jobs I could create with 787 billion and it was simply staggering. its criminal that all that money went to bail out millionaires and focused most of the tax breaks to the already wealthy.

yes, it would, if that were true.

yea I read the transcript to this show this morning as a matter of fact......as a member who live smack dab in silicon valley and has ridden the wave and crashed the beach, I was naturally interested. There has always been a boom and bust mentality here in the valley, but this bust has been the worst.

my daughter will be a 99er in 2 weeks.......she been working shitty retail clothing job trying to conserve whats left of her benefits seince they only give her 20 hours a week anyway.

I was laid off in April 09, luckily, I got dipped in shit and sniffed something out within 4 months, but it sucked, the whole experience.

This Administration is lying about Unemployment. They've been lying since day one. Anyone with common sense can see this. It's all just one big Hopey Changey scam in the end. Vote on Nov. 2nd.

I will say it again now, and guarantee I will say it again..and again.

This is our fault more than any elected official, CEO, Banker, Corporate raider or whatever evil that makes you comfortable.

We did this, the everyday American.
We buy foreign cheap products whenever and wherever we can get our hands on them.
We measure value by price only.
We shop at stores we tell everyone we hate, but do it anyway.
We will constantly buy brand name over local choices.
We don't give a rat's ass about each other, regardless of the bumper sticker on our cars saying we are "Proud to be American" - Pfft. :doubt:

We did this to ourselves...annnnnnnnd...We are the only ones that can get us out of it.

On Long Island, the unemployment rate is between 6 and 7 percent.

Now that doesn't mean you want to be moving here. It's expensive, it's crowded, housing and property taxes are high, and basically, we're full.

So please, stay home.

The Stimulus could have been spent more wisely with regards to employment. A lot of it went to union wage jobs and benefits, when it could have went to non union wage job and benefits and created even more jobs. We do know why this went down the way it did, so I don't need to rehash it.

The "Stimulus" would of been better if it was never spent period. How does taking money out of the private sector and government spending it help the economy in any way?

Thanks.

And it is all Obama's fault?

No it's Bush's fault! Bush had an eeeeeeeeeeeeevil plot to keep unemployment low during his admin, but only have it rise once Obama got in office. Another plot by the white man to keep the black man down.

Does that work for you?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Are you test marketing a new conservative talking point?

...oh well...we would have supported the stimulus if it had just been tweaked a little bit...

lol

What talking point. The Stimulus was a sham. It was supposed to create jobs, but all it went to was to bail out Obama cronies like the unions. It didn't "create" jack except bloated union bosses and piling debt.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

17% is U-6, it's just a different way of measuring unemployment that increases the traditional measure by several points, or a certain percent.

That's another way of saying it's only semantics, when what it really means are LOTS OF PEOPLE OUT OF WORK!

Try to semantic your way out of that come November 2, liberals!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

last weekend i sat with excel and some formulas I wrote to figure out how many long-term, real wealth producing jobs I could create with 787 billion and it was simply staggering. its criminal that all that money went to bail out millionaires and focused most of the tax breaks to the already wealthy.

While you were at it using your Play Station 3 or whatever did you also factor in the total return of our investment in that disaster called the Stimulus.Did you factor in the fact that even the President admitted he lied that there were no such thing as shovel ready jobs.Did you also factor how the so called Summer of Recovery as deemed by the President worked out.I mean as long as you're there why not look into other things that matter to Americans.
Oh I almost forgot how this administration promised that unemployment would not get above 8%......

Just a few thoughts.....:eusa_angel:

You can't really expect economic robustness with Democrats in office. Obama is Jimmy Carter times 5. Democrates think using tax money to hire people to do public works projects is the way to get unemployment rate down and growth going again. They don't believe that unleashing the private sector by freeing it from taxes and government regulation is the only way to ignite an economy, and this is why America will not see any significant job creation while Obama remains in office.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back