60 Minutes: Unemployment at 17%

last weekend i sat with excel and some formulas I wrote to figure out how many long-term, real wealth producing jobs I could create with 787 billion and it was simply staggering. its criminal that all that money went to bail out millionaires and focused most of the tax breaks to the already wealthy.

last weekend i sat with excel and some formulas I wrote to figure out how many long-term, real wealth producing jobs I could create with 787 billion and it was simply staggering. its criminal that all that money went to bail out millionaires and focused most of the tax breaks to the already wealthy.

The least you could do is share what some of those jobs were that you "figured out".

The Stimulus could have been spent more wisely with regards to employment. A lot of it went to union wage jobs and benefits, when it could have went to non union wage job and benefits and created even more jobs. We do know why this went down the way it did, so I don't need to rehash it.

The least you could do is share what some of those jobs were that you "figured out".

well you can't figure anything out, dipshit.

Thanks.

And it is all Obama's fault?
Just stating the facts. Blame whomever is convenient for you.

Ohh I blame all sides. Especially the people of the USA.

I don't blame the American People. I feel they have been misled.

Bush tricked this country into invading Iraq. He imagined he was going to bring "democracy" to the world. In his tiny mind, anything he did was worth the cost.

He used his office as a "bully pulpit" time and time again to scare the American people into voting for him a second time.

Bush and his Republican allies have basically pillaged this country. They were like "Midas", only everything turned to shit.

They also got too greedy helping move millions of American jobs to China in exchange for 50 pieces of silver.

America is hurt and sad and angry. The people will punish the Democrats for not cleaning up the Republicans mess fast enough. Well, this time, I suspect the people will find out they need to follow more than campaign slogans for two weeks before the election.

Republicans will win, then the American people will what they have done a third time. A trifecta. I suspect it will be a long, long time before there's a forth.

unemployment rate in my county was about 6.5%. of course the population in our entire State wouldn't even be one major city;s population in california....

Just stating the facts. Blame whomever is convenient for you.

Ohh I blame all sides. Especially the people of the USA.

I don't blame the American People. I feel they have been misled.

Bush tricked this country into invading Iraq. He imagined he was going to bring "democracy" to the world. In his tiny mind, anything he did was worth the cost.

He used his office as a "bully pulpit" time and time again to scare the American people into voting for him a second time.

Bush and his Republican allies have basically pillaged this country. They were like "Midas", only everything turned to shit.

They also got too greedy helping move millions of American jobs to China in exchange for 50 pieces of silver.

America is hurt and sad and angry. The people will punish the Democrats for not cleaning up the Republicans mess fast enough. Well, this time, I suspect the people will find out they need to follow more than campaign slogans for two weeks before the election.

Republicans will win, then the American people will what they have done a third time. A trifecta. I suspect it will be a long, long time before there's a forth.

Booooooooosssssh
The people will punish the democrats because of the policies Obama has and is coming up with, not to mention the deficit, deen'o.

It's between 12 to 15% right here in Ohio.

This is not really a shock to conservatives. Rush has been saying the real number of unemployed was at 17% for months!

The liberal press and government have been cooking the books for months to keep it under 10% when everyone knew it was far worse than that!

Now the liberal press is finally catching up to what we all knew!

In a report sure to cause consternation at the White House and in the offices of the Democratic Leadership in Congress, “60 Minutes” provided an in-depth report on the realities of the unemployment situation in America today.

When you take into account the underemployed as well as the unemployed, the national rate hits 17% and California a staggering 22%.

According to the report, 1/3 of the unemployed have been out of work for over a year. This hasn’t happenned since the Great Depression.

More and video here: 60 Minutes Shock Report: National Unemployed and Underemployed 17.5%; California 22% - Big Government

Here comes the October Surprise boys and girls. And it isn't one that helps the Democrats!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The Stimulus could have been spent more wisely with regards to employment. A lot of it went to union wage jobs and benefits, when it could have went to non union wage job and benefits and created even more jobs. We do know why this went down the way it did, so I don't need to rehash it.

Are you test marketing a new conservative talking point?

...oh well...we would have supported the stimulus if it had just been tweaked a little bit...

lol

17% is U-6, it's just a different way of measuring unemployment that increases the traditional measure by several points, or a certain percent.

Your right....it breaks down the real numbers, not just the numbers that the government uses. In other words, it give a truer reading of the numbers

This doesn't shock me at all. I have said all along that this Administration has been consistently lying about the real Unemployment Rate. There is no way it's at 9.6%. That's simply a lie. It has to be much much higher. Look for them to claim the Unemployment Rate has magically dropped right before the Elections on Nov. 2nd as well. It's time to wake up America. You're being lied to. Vote all D's out of office on Nov. 2nd.

Forum List

Back