....an informed perspective on the U.S. economy - Chrmn Powell...

The "all time high" is coming from everyone "hunkering down" in the large cap 7. The other stocks are trending down as the Russell 2k shows.
JohnDB, that means nothing other than you recognize stocks go up and down. I am glad you know that. It is far more likely that Johnson and Scalise have been insider trading.

It does when you are insider trading...as Nancy has been doing since last year.
My investments are at an all time high and I didn't do any insider trading.

The market is at an all time high.

You might have a better point if her investments were at an all time high when the market was down.

JohnDB, that means nothing other than you recognize stocks go up and down. I am glad you know that. It is far more likely that Johnson and Scalise have been insider trading.
The person I quoted has an entire website devoted to obvious insider trading done by Congress, Government officials and others....
Where people like Martha Stewart go to Jail for such things they tend to try and make others that make obvious short squeeze opportunities uncomfortable (GameStop) ....they themselves break the law with impunity.

The SEC, IRS, FBI,and Federal Reserve have been morally bankrupt for decades....only aggressively pursuing those who can't defend themselves or going after those they oppose politically.
It needs to stop. We either believe in the rule of law or we don't. The law either applies to everyone or to no one.

My investments are at an all time high and I didn't do any insider trading.

The market is at an all time high.

You might have a better point if her investments were at an all time high when the market was down.
Look at the Russell 2,000....it is a much better indicator of the health and direction of the economy than the Dow or S&P....and the S&P is currently being dominated by the "Big 7"....the rest of the S&P is down or flat.

EVERY brokerage house out there is predicting a recession....from Principle to JP Morgan....none are not predicting a looming recession. EVERY indicator and prediction model is clearly showing we are in recession territory. From purchasing managers index, P/E ratios of the S&P, normalized employment data, inverted Yeild curves, and etc....all showing recession.

I'm not expecting my gains to remain.

When the Federal Reserve begins cutting rates because the tanking economy becomes more important than the inflationary pressures they caused...that's when the market itself will tank.

The Stock market itself is not a very accurate reflection of the economy. It is related but supply and demand as well as expectations have more of an effect than the economy on the Bipolar Traders ever did.

Last night's CBS 60-Minutes program offered an interview with Chairman Powell of the Federal Reserve. It was a recent interview....done on Friday, February 2nd.

It is informative, understandable, credible. Powell is measured and careful.....but very insightful.

My avatar offers it here to add context to the frequent complaints voiced on this venue that the American economy is in free-fall, is terrible, is the worst in decades, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Powell offers to all Americans a brief synopsis of what the Federal Reserves thinks it sees in our current economy.

From my own perspective and current experience.......Powell's observations seemed to ring true.
It's just a short segment of their hour long show.....but it is meaty.

Transcript for those without video

The social/political problem, as he states it, is simply that even with falling inflation in commodities, a lot if not most food (and housing) prices are not coming back down to pre-pandemic levels.

So on a practical level there still will be a lot of parents in 2024 struggling to fill kids' school lunch boxes ... even though the parents' income rises faster than current prices ... on avg. A rising tide may lift all boats, but the smaller boats seem to rise slower than the bigger.

And most americans trust the Gop more with deficits yet the facts don't support their views.

Look at the Russell 2,000....it is a much better indicator of the health and direction of the economy than the Dow or S&P....and the S&P is currently being dominated by the "Big 7"....the rest of the S&P is down or flat.

EVERY brokerage house out there is predicting a recession....from Principle to JP Morgan....none are not predicting a looming recession. EVERY indicator and prediction model is clearly showing we are in recession territory. From purchasing managers index, P/E ratios of the S&P, normalized employment data, inverted Yeild curves, and etc....all showing recession.

I'm not expecting my gains to remain.

When the Federal Reserve begins cutting rates because the tanking economy becomes more important than the inflationary pressures they caused...that's when the market itself will tank.

The Stock market itself is not a very accurate reflection of the economy. It is related but supply and demand as well as expectations have more of an effect than the economy on the Bipolar Traders ever did.
JP Morgan is predicting 2% growth and no recession.

Inverted yield curves are more indicative of expectations of lowering interest rates. Not a sign of expected recession.
P/E ratios are higher than average but certainly not anywhere near scary places.

Go ahead and pull out of the market if you are confident in a crash.

The person I quoted has an entire website devoted to obvious insider trading done by Congress, Government officials and others....
Where people like Martha Stewart go to Jail for such things they tend to try and make others that make obvious short squeeze opportunities uncomfortable (GameStop) ....they themselves break the law with impunity.

The SEC, IRS, FBI,and Federal Reserve have been morally bankrupt for decades....only aggressively pursuing those who can't defend themselves or going after those they oppose politically.
It needs to stop. We either believe in the rule of law or we don't. The law either applies to everyone or to no one.
I have an entire website dedicated to something I know about and have fun with in memorabilia.

This person has an ox to gore, and it is not pretty.

The economy is doing well, GDP is hot, the markets are generally up, and my portfolio is just fine.

Go away.

What is bad is an incredibly soft landing is coming?

If you have positioned yourself for the low and high, you will be fine.

And, I think, they nay sayers are wrong on this.

Forum List

Back