6 reasons why I did not send my kid to Pre-School

Kingpin31

Jun 23, 2018
List of reasons why I do not send my kids to "Pre-School"

1. At the academic level at which pre-schoolers function (any adult person) is qualified to teach the child including a 10 year old child.
It is simply a waste of money, and it is not publicly funded.

2.There is a reason why the first grade starts at age 5, and that is because in humans, age 5 is when children are physically and developmentally mature enough to be away from their parents.
At age 5, the child is toilet trained, is able to identify his or herself, is able to accurately identify and join, and gravitate to his or her peers, is able to feed his or herself, can walk, talk, and dress his or herself, for the most part.
And the 5 year old child is curious and explores his or her surroundings.

3. By the 3rd grade, there is no academic difference between children who attended pre-school and those who did not.
Children who do not attend pre school, have lesser numbers of individuals with learning disabilities, behavioral problems and they are more well adjusted.
Children who do attend pre-school, are more likely to drop out of school, and by the 6th grade, they can sometimes be up to a full year behind in their academic abilities, due to behavioral problems.
By the 12th grade, they can be up to 1 to 3 years behind.

This is because human children need love, affection and rearing before they can be separated from their parents.

Children who attend pre-school develop more as robots designed to pass tests, and perform work under orders.. not as free people with a choice.
Because they have not received the love and attention that they need, and they need to become mature enough to do things without punishment as an incentive, before learning other things in such an environment as school.

4. Children who attend pre-school have problems with identity, and problems gravitating to people that are like themselves, and they are therefore more likely to get into confrontations and fights in school and in the streets.
Because they are subject to a mixed crowd, before learning who they themselves are and who they are best being around and don't fully understand who they are the most welcome around.

5. Children who attend Pre-School are subjected to tiring brain activity before their brain is developed to the point where it can function to learn from books and from instruction, further causing health issues...

Children under age 5 are best educated through play and exploration and example and praise.

Number 6. At age 5, the child is strong enough to enter school, and mature enough to remember and utilize instructions from their parents while in school.

Last edited:
My mother was my pre-school. I could read well when I entered 1st Grade, at age 5. Age 6 at that time was the usual age of entry, but since I was reading, and well beyond my classmates' level, I got accepted.

One-size-fits-all policies are not advantageous in education.

List of reasons why I do not send my kids to "Pre-School"

1. At the academic level at which pre-schoolers function (any adult person) is qualified to teach the child including a 10 year old child.
It is simply a waste of money, and it is not publicly funded.

2.There is a reason why the first grade starts at age 5, and that is because in humans, age 5 is when children are physically and developmentally mature enough to be away from their parents.
At age 5, the child is toilet trained, is able to identify his or herself, is able to accurately identify and join, and gravitate to his or her peers, is able to feed his or herself, can walk, talk, and dress his or herself, for the most part.
And the 5 year old child is curious and explores his or her surroundings.

3. By the 3rd grade, there is no academic difference between children who attended pre-school and those who did not.
Children who do not attend pre school, have lesser numbers of individuals with learning disabilities, behavioral problems and they are more well adjusted.
Children who do attend pre-school, are more likely to drop out of school, and by the 6th grade, they can sometimes be up to a full year behind in their academic abilities, due to behavioral problems.
By the 12th grade, they can be up to 1 to 3 years behind.

This is because human children need love, affection and rearing before they can be separated from their parents.

Children who attend pre-school develop more as robots designed to pass tests, and perform work under orders.. not as free people with a choice.
Because they have not received the love and attention that they need, and they need to become mature enough to do things without punishment as an incentive, before learning other things in such an environment as school.

4. Children who attend pre-school have problems with identity, and problems gravitating to people that are like themselves, and they are therefore more likely to get into confrontations and fights in school and in the streets.
Because they are subject to a mixed crowd, before learning who they themselves are and who they are best being around and don't fully understand who they are the most welcome around.

5. Children who attend Pre-School are subjected to tiring brain activity before their brain is developed to the point where it can function to learn from books and from instruction, further causing health issues...

Children under age 5 are best educated through play and exploration and example and praise.

Number 6. At age 5, the child is strong enough to enter school, and mature enough to remember and utilize instructions from their parents while in school.

Please do not post threads in Education until you learn how to fix sentences like this abortion you just typed!

"At age 5, the child is toilet trained, is able to identify his or herself, is able to accurately identify and join, and gravitate to his or her peers, is able to feed his or herself, can walk, talk, and dress his or herself, for the most part.
And the 5 year old child is curious and explores his or her surroundings."

Please don't preschool your children. The damage could be irreversible.

Forum List

Back