6 Months In, Trumps Presidency Teetering On Brink Of Disaster

(CNN)The collapse of health care reform in the Senate on Monday night is a fitting coda to President Donald Trump's first six months in office, a tenure that has lurched from controversy to controversy and now appears to be on the verge of tilting directly into the political abyss.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj8_6vLwJbVAhWDVj4KHTk4CZ8QFggrMAA&url=http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/18/politics/trump-president-6-months/index.html&usg=AFQjCNEgP9iK3AkghJTXzm_2UpCwE7Xe0w

Okay Trump bots let's hear a collective:

G. R. O. A. N

I much prefer the Trump change over Obama's hope and change..

Obamacare has been around for 7 years and it's a failure, suddenly, Democrats want to fix it yet they've offered up little legislation to do just that ... but that's okay with Democrats.

Trump gets handled a catastrophe and singlehandedly is expected to solve it in 6 months, pardon me but where's the element of fair judgement and a grasp of reality here?

They have been whining about repeal and replace for 8 years. Over 60 votes to prove how serious they were. Here is the chance they have been wanting. What's the holdup?

Well, it's hard to argue with you on this ... :redface:

Sooo I'm kinda slinking away now but I'm still not blaming Trump dammit ... :lol:

Trump said it would be so easy and quick to replace Obamacare with something that was cheaper, give better medical coverage, and would cover everybody. Nobody would be left out, even if he lost some support doing it. Was he lying, or just stupid?

You really don't understand how politics works do you. Apply the same expectations to Obama's/Democrat promises when they absolutely knew they were lying over 7 years ago, good luck with that.

So what did Obama promise that was suppose to be sooooooo easy and quick?
gitmo

Oh yeah, that would work out great for Republicans

Actually it WOULD save the republican brand; currently the elected GOPers are acting like they're in a confused Keystone Kops episode.

When Republicans consistently lower themselves to Democrat levels, I might worry... At this point Democrats look like freeloading whiners, resisting solutions and progress for all the American people..

When Republicans consistently lower themselves to Democrat levels, I might worry... At this point Democrats look like freeloading whiners, resisting progress for all the American people

In reality, democrats have done nothing to undermine the GOPers (I wish they would).........Republicans are screwing each other merrily.

I much prefer the Trump change over Obama's hope and change..

Obamacare has been around for 7 years and it's a failure, suddenly, Democrats want to fix it yet they've offered up little legislation to do just that ... but that's okay with Democrats.

Trump gets handled a catastrophe and singlehandedly is expected to solve it in 6 months, pardon me but where's the element of fair judgement and a grasp of reality here?

They have been whining about repeal and replace for 8 years. Over 60 votes to prove how serious they were. Here is the chance they have been wanting. What's the holdup?

Sooo I'm kinda slinking away now but I'm still not blaming Trump dammit ... :lol:

Trump said it would be so easy and quick to replace Obamacare with something that was cheaper, give better medical coverage, and would cover everybody. Nobody would be left out, even if he lost some support doing it. Was he lying, or just stupid?

You really don't understand how politics works do you. Apply the same expectations to Obama's/Democrat promises when they absolutely knew they were lying over 7 years ago, good luck with that.

I'm hesitant to waste my time educating you, you're pretty well a lost cause after all... :eusa_snooty:

Well, it's barbeque time and I'm the chef, later taters .. abuse me at will..:popcorn:

When Republicans consistently lower themselves to Democrat levels, I might worry... At this point Democrats look like freeloading whiners, resisting progress for all the American people

In reality, democrats have done nothing to undermine the GOPers (I wish they would).........Republicans are screwing each other merrily.

Okay, one more post.. sheesh, are you Nuts?

gitmo

When did he say that would be quick and easy? He did say it would be one of his first goals, and it was, but what about the quick and easy part?

I'm hesitant to waste my time educating you, you're pretty well a lost cause after all... :eusa_snooty:

Got it. Your Google search didn't show anything.

gitmo

When did he say that would be quick and easy? He did say it would be one of his first goals, and it was, but what about the quick and easy part?

He couldn't even get it closed with an executive order.
Obama's Failed Promise to Close Gitmo: A Timeline

"January 22, 2009: Freshly inaugurated President Obama signs an executive order to close the Guantánamo Bay Detention Facility within one year. He says the action is meant to "restore the standards of due process and the core constitutional values that have made this country great even in the midst of war, even in dealing with terrorism." In the summer of 2009, he grants a six-month extension to the Guantánamo closing commission. "

gitmo

"January 22, 2009: Freshly inaugurated President Obama signs an executive order to close the Guantánamo Bay Detention Facility within one year. He says the action is meant to "restore the standards of due process and the core constitutional values that have made this country great even in the midst of war, even in dealing with terrorism." In the summer of 2009, he grants a six-month extension to the Guantánamo closing commission. "

Yes. Everyone is aware that he was blocked, but that wasn't the question. Trump promised his healthcare plan would be quick and easy. Soooooooo easy. what program did Obama portray that way?

(CNN)The collapse of health care reform in the Senate on Monday night is a fitting coda to President Donald Trump's first six months in office, a tenure that has lurched from controversy to controversy and now appears to be on the verge of tilting directly into the political abyss.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj8_6vLwJbVAhWDVj4KHTk4CZ8QFggrMAA&url=http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/18/politics/trump-president-6-months/index.html&usg=AFQjCNEgP9iK3AkghJTXzm_2UpCwE7Xe0w
Well, all of a sudden, that everybody wants to take their paid vacation leave rather than fixing the problems. But maybe the President should cancelled all of their recess and lock them in and hold a butcher's knife in his hand to prevent those that tries to go on their paid vacation leave without passing the bills.

Dear Leaders and members of the United States Congress:

We pay you dearly for very little work. You receive average base salaries of $174,000 per year and we have very little to show for our investment.

According to the latest measure, the House has an average of only 138 legislative days in a year. The Senate gets down to the real business of voting during only 162 days.

cft-congress-do-your-job.png

CONGRESS DO YOUR JOB - NO AUGUST RECESS UNLESS YOU FINISH YOUR WORK! - Citizens for Trump

carries_mom.gif

gitmo

Yes. Everyone is aware that he was blocked, but that wasn't the question. Trump promised his healthcare plan would be quick and easy. Soooooooo easy. what program did Obama portray that way?

are you as stupid as you seem?

Closing Gitmo.

He had been pushing it since 2007.

are there any adults around to explain it to you?

Closing Gitmo.

hey, Mr. Fuckhead........

Congress made it effectively impossible for President Obama to close the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, but lawmakers couldn’t stop the outgoing president from coming close to his goal.......
GITMO went for 242 prisoners to 40 under Obama......

Swallow that, right winger......LOL

Closing Gitmo.

Congress made it effectively impossible for President Obama to close the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, but lawmakers couldn’t stop the outgoing president from coming close to his goal.......

Congress made it effectively impossible for President Obama to close the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay,

The same congress that bulldozed thru the ACA, Cash for Clunkers, and the Stimulus, couldn't close Gitmo for him?

Closing Gitmo.

Democrats controlled congress in 2009

The same congress that bulldozed thru the ACA, Cash for Clunkers, and the Stimulus, couldn't close Gitmo for him?

Let me repeat for your limited comprehension...GITMO went from a population of 242 to 40...........LOL

Forum List

Back