If you won a contest....

These things I believe.

Trump and his supporters are cut from the same bolt of cloth. They believe to build themselves up, they must tear others down. The election is over. Has been for a year now. And yet the specter of Hillary Clinton lays at the front of their collective imagination. Democrats know that she lost. That is not the upsetting part.

The upsetting part is Trump won. Any of the other 16 Republican candidates would have been accepted and respected as they did not display the reprehensible characteristics Trump has. We Americans who do not share your disposition and character are deeply embarrassed and shamed by his comportment. As is the rest of the world.

Call me a snowflake, call me a Libtards. I don't care. I am secure enough in my maturity not to be offended by manecalling and second grade level bullying. Rather, I pity those who fail to craft an effective argument.

I want to know what are Trump's virtues. What makes him an admirable person. A person worthy of respect. Please list them so I might have a better understanding of him and his followers.

I imagine his supporters as folks who feel betrayed by our system of government. But their solution was to elect a petulant neophyte who tends to engage in every petty dispute. An individual not ashamed of punching down or swinging at every pitch. This lacks dignity and only serves to further divide an already divided nation.

Is the larger strategy divide and conquer? If so, conquer who? Other Americans?

So, if she weren't running for election you would be OK with prosecuting her for her crimes. But because she lost you want to give her a pass. Is that accurate?
Her crimes, real or alleged are irrelevant. The danger is what Teump and his character flaws daring to our society.

If Sec. Clinton broke the law, I trust the justice system to act responsibly. What I have no trust is is Trump acting responsibly.

Forget Hillary. She lost. But can you accept Trump and his petulance to be a responsible leader?

No crime, especially those committed by people in high office is irrelevant. We have already seen the system is NOT working properly. We have already seen the system perverted for her goals and real people have suffered from her actions. I submit that it is ESSENTIAL that her crimes be investigated truthfully (something that has been lacking these last three decades or so) and if indeed she has committed the crimes that we suspect her of she should be tried and imprisoned.
A partisan viewpoint maintains that you would rather have Sec. Clinton twisting in the breeze than have Trump behave more presidentially. You yearn to prosecute your rival than investigate Trump. You would gleefully investigate Sec. Clinton and excuse Trump.

Why?

No, i would rather that a criminal be tried and if convicted do hard time for crimes against the PEOPLE of the US. Allow criminals to go unpunished and you breed more crime.

These things I believe.

3A3217F600000578-3918838-image-a-144_1478671509459.jpg

What is your point? Do you think a photograph constitutes a retort?
Individuals still getting off on women crying are sick.
It's,the new 'political' ideology. Gone are concerns about big government, high taxes and divisive social issues. What's in? Who do you hate? Yeah! I hate them too! Therefore, I'll vote for you!

What a way to govern!

It's,the new 'political' ideology. Gone are concerns about big government, high taxes and divisive social issues. What's in? Who do you hate? Yeah! I hate them too! Therefore, I'll vote for you!

What a way to govern!

Which you realize describes the current Democrat Party to a "T". Gone are the days when the Democrat party was actually for the little guy. Based on the incredibly corrupt obummer admin, which gave taxpayer cash to it's cronies, while ignoring the real people that money was supposed to help, we are a long, long way removed from the Democrat Party of old. It is now the Party of crony capitalism (which isn't capitalism just so you know), abuse of power, and violating the civil rights of those people the leadership doesn't like.

It is a tragedy that the Party has descended to that level.

What a way to govern!

Which you realize describes the current Democrat Party to a "T". Gone are the days when the Democrat party was actually for the little guy. Based on the incredibly corrupt obummer admin, which gave taxpayer cash to it's cronies, while ignoring the real people that money was supposed to help, we are a long, long way removed from the Democrat Party of old. It is now the Party of crony capitalism (which isn't capitalism just so you know), abuse of power, and violating the civil rights of those people the leadership doesn't like.

Do you recognize projection? Let's take a look at the remains of the Republican Party after Trump's hostile take over.

Do you hate immigrants? Muslims? Gays? Blacks? Uppity women? Environmentalists? Welcome to the Trumpians! There's no ideology needed, just a virulent hatred.

Meanwhile, Trumpians pinch Dow at their opponents. Sec. Clinton, President Obama and any member of the Democratic Party.

Sure President Obama bailed out the financial system, thus ensuring its survival and the chaos that would result in its collapse. Sure he bailed out the American automobile industry, saving hundreds of thousands of American jobs. And I guess those actions are seen as reprehensible by the Trumpians, go figure.

It's far easier to destroy (the GOP, the financial system, healthcare, the auto industry) than it is to unite, create, build and inspire. And the Trumpians always opt for easy.

What a way to govern!

Do you recognize projection? Let's take a look at the remains of the Republican Party after Trump's hostile take over.

Do you hate immigrants? Muslims? Gays? Blacks? Uppity women? Environmentalists? Welcome to the Trumpians! There's no ideology needed, just a virulent hatred.

Meanwhile, Trumpians pinch Dow at their opponents. Sec. Clinton, President Obama and any member of the Democratic Party.

Sure President Obama bailed out the financial system, thus ensuring its survival and the chaos that would result in its collapse. Sure he bailed out the American automobile industry, saving hundreds of thousands of American jobs. And I guess those actions are seen as reprehensible by the Trumpians, go figure.

It's far easier to destroy (the GOP, the financial system, healthcare, the auto industry) than it is to unite, create, build and inspire. And the Trumpians always opt for easy.

There has been no hostile take over. There is the repub party, which overall despises trump, and the democrat party which over all despises trump, and then there is the American People which it is now obvious the Democrat and Repub Party's both likewise despise. There was one thing that this election made very clear and that is that we the people no longer are in control of our government. It is a sham of smoke and mirrors and the little man behind the curtain.

What a way to govern!

There has been no hostile take over. There is the repub party, which overall despises trump, and the democrat party which over all despises trump, and then there is the American People which it is now obvious the Democrat and Repub Party's both likewise despise. There was one thing that this election made very clear and that is that we the people no longer are in control of our government. It is a sham of smoke and mirrors and the little man behind the curtain.
I knew we weren't in control anymore when I saw who my choices were. Reminded me of the voting "choices" back in the old U.S.S.R. Trump was a huge mistake, though.

What a way to govern!

34% give or take likes Trump. Why do the vast majority of America despise him? His incompetence, his arrogance, his ego, his petulance, his half baked Nationalism, his disdain for anyone outside his base and his inner circle of sycophants.

He is destroying the Republican Party which stands for lower taxes, cutting entitlements and spending more on a platinum plated military industrial complex.

Now, I disagree with those positions, but I cherish a two party system.

Trump can play to his base seven days a week, but that base will not grow. He has made the GOP fearful and is turning it from a party of political ideology to a cult of personality. Loyalty is valued over competence. Fidelity is valued over substance. He is dividing Republicans from each other as effectively as he divides America said from one another. He must be stopped for the good of this nation.

Let us hope that either Special Counsel Mueller or a latter day Lee Harvey steps up soon.

A contest? The presidential election? Do angry incoherent lefties have any clue about what a presidential election means?

Yes, we saw how the righties turned the ballot box into an anger management tool and elected, as Rex Tillerson referred to him, a "fucking moron". Any other questions?

What a way to govern!

34% give or take likes Trump. Why do the vast majority of America despise him? His incompetence, his arrogance, his ego, his petulance, his half baked Nationalism, his disdain for anyone outside his base and his inner circle of sycophants.

He is destroying the Republican Party which stands for lower taxes, cutting entitlements and spending more on a platinum plated military industrial complex.

Trump can play to his base seven days a week, but that base will not grow. He has made the GOP fearful and is turning it from a party of political ideology to a cult of personality. Loyalty is valued over competence. Fidelity is valued over substance. He is dividing Republicans from each other as effectively as he divides America said from one another. He must be stopped for the good of this nation.

Let us hope that either Special Counsel Mueller or a latter day Lee Harvey steps up soon.

Hoping for someone to assassinate the sitting president is the height of stupidity. You may want to reconsider your thinking. Or lack thereof.

What a way to govern!

Hoping for someone to assassinate the sitting president is the height of stupidity. You may want to reconsider your thinking. Or lack thereof.
A State Funeral could be the answer.

Why on earth should I show any respect for Trump? He shows so little himself.

This is the sort of fucked up "thinking" that gets thousands of innocent people killed. You are a dipshit for going down that path and you show even less respect for life than anyone. You truly are despicable.

This is the sort of fucked up "thinking" that gets thousands of innocent people killed. You are a dipshit for going down that path and you show even less respect for life than anyone. You truly are despicable.
Awww.... You're sweet!

What a way to govern!

I knew we weren't in control anymore when I saw who my choices were. Reminded me of the voting "choices" back in the old U.S.S.R. Trump was a huge mistake, though.

OT:
To this day, I wonder whether were all the folks who truly despised both Trump and Clinton to have chosen either Johnson or written in someone, would Trump still be POTUS. I still have enough faith in the integrity of the members of the House to believe that they'd have recognized Trump's turpitude, insecurity and authoritarian nature to have preferred Gary Johnson over him. That faith may be misplaced, but for now, I have it.

Last edited:
the old U.S.S.R.

OT:
That part of your remarks reminded me that the very notion and use of "fake news" was among the "go to" tactics of the USSR, both domestically and abroad. Moreover, it reminds me that even a cursory study of world history and its depots reveals that denigrating the "Fourth Estate," disparaging (or worse) any and all critics, and sanctioning as the singularly "legitimate" media organization only those that sycophantically echo and bolster the despots themselves, is, without exception, the first thing every one of them does upon assuming power.

the old U.S.S.R.

OT:
That part of your remarks reminded me that the very notion and use of "fake news" was among the "go to" tactics of the USSR, both domestically and abroad. Moreover, it reminds me that even a cursory study of world history and its depots reveals that denigrating the "Fourth Estate," disparaging (or worse) any and all critics, and sanctioning as the singularly "legitimate" media organization only those that sycophantically echo and bolster the despots themselves, is, without exception, the first thing every one of them does upon assuming power.

Once they began using the term "Fourth Estate" to describe themselves they left accurate journalism at the door and became political advocates. That is a abrogation of their purpose and they are no longer watching the government to make sure it doesn't abuse the people and were in fact covering up for the government so that it COULD abuse the
People.

What a way to govern!

"or a latter day Lee Harvey steps up soon"

Yup, you're perfectly sane and reasonable... :eusa_snooty:

Forum List

Back