6 In 10 Young Republicans Favor Legal Marijuana...So why dont Republicans?

Very easy answer.

The war on drugs was used by Reagan to move African Americans from dismantled welfare programs to prison cells.

More generally, the war on drugs became a tool to beef up law enforcement in order to more effectively deal with superfluous populations, e.g., poor workers left behind by deindustrialization (as manufacturing jobs were sent to China).

Indeed, many of our great cities had large ghettos by the late 70s. Reagan pledged to fix the problem by beefing up law enforcement. The war on drugs was central to this as it gave local law enforcement greater latitude to jail inner city miscreants.

Finally, consider that pot was a part of the anti-war hippie counter-culture, which the Right opposes. By criminalizing the life-style of the Left, the war on drugs became a Stalinist tool for jailing political enemies.

Meaning: the war on drugs became a crucial political tool of Movement Conservatism. It allowed them to target political enemies and otherwise disruptive citizens. And it proves that the Right doesn't care about small government. The Right has always wanted Big Government to micro-manage the lifestyle choices of free citizens, from sexual behavior to the ingestion of a harmless weed.
This post is proof pot makes you stupid
Look at how stupid you are without drugs.
I have common sense and the truth not drug induced conspiracy theories .

thanatos?.....how come no reply for post 147?.....

here i will ask again..........

.if i smoked a joint today and thats it,are you are saying that next Wednesday,i will still be high just because it will be detected in the blood?....
I am saying it is there. It's effects are not known
thats not answering the question.....i repeat.....ARE YOU STILL HIGH A WEEK LATER?....
I did answer the question. You want to act the hack do it on someone else time.

No it isn't. Self governing means making laws and that includes laws against recreational use of illicit narcotics.
when you fucking hypocrites outlaw the worst and 2 most destructive drugs out there, then you can tell me you have a point .....until then fuck you....
Alcohol poisoning kills six drinkers a day, no one NO ONE has ever overdosed on pot.
No instead they kill themselves and others in car crashes. They cause harm to family, They pollute others with their cancer causing smoke and will steal from you to feed their junkie habit.
you can tell you have smoked pot before.....
No instead they kill themselves and others in car crashes
no doubt pretty dam rare by itself....but i bet if the person was also drinking it can and does happen......
They cause harm to family
once again,by itself rare....once again, what other drugs are they doing?....
They pollute others with their cancer causing smoke
this is to stupid to even comment on.....
will steal from you to feed their junkie habit.
what other drugs are they doing?.....
Wrong...Crime is down in Colorado since the legalized it.
you have proof of that of course?

.if i smoked a joint today and thats it,are you are saying that next Wednesday,i will still be high just because it will be detected in the blood?....
thats not answering the question.....i repeat.....ARE YOU STILL HIGH A WEEK LATER?....
He does not answer our questions because he has no answers. This is what ignorance is all about.
and it also shows a guy who has never smoked the stuff trying to come off like he has......what kind of a fucking idiot would say you are high all week long from smoking 1 joint?....
where did you get that idea? Oh I see because I was smart enough to quit instead of wasting my life on it like you.

I did answer the question. You want to act the hack do it on someone else time.
you did?.....maybe before i asked that i should have asked you if you have ever smoked any pot.....because it sure sounds like you havent....NO ONE who has ever smoked pot would say one joint keeps you high all week,.....but one who hasnt, might think that just because it lingers in your blood for a few weeks....

He does not answer our questions because he has no answers. This is what ignorance is all about.
and it also shows a guy who has never smoked the stuff trying to come off like he has......what kind of a fucking idiot would say you are high all week long from smoking 1 joint?....
where did you get that idea? Oh I see because I was smart enough to quit instead of wasting my life on it like you.
post 205....

Though some measurable amount of chemical remains in the body for up to a month. Impairment is a temporary thing. As with alcohol quantity determines length of effect.

There is none. You ignorantly think there is. You see drunk driving is a horrible crime. Difference being I will have worked off my one beer in a hour you pot sticks around
I've never been high for more than an hour without smoking more weed.
thanatos and katz believe you are still high a week later no matter even if you just smoked once in that time period.....some dam potent pot....
Is it not still in your system for at least 7 days? Those impaired are not a reliable source for whether it effects you or howb
You are totally ignorant.
I dont really care what a bigot like you thinks....It doesnt surprise me that you smoke pot.
You do not even know what a bigot is.

Very easy answer.

The war on drugs was used by Reagan to move African Americans from dismantled welfare programs to prison cells.

More generally, the war on drugs became a tool to beef up law enforcement in order to more effectively deal with superfluous populations, e.g., poor workers left behind by deindustrialization (as manufacturing jobs were sent to China).

Indeed, many of our great cities had large ghettos by the late 70s. Reagan pledged to fix the problem by beefing up law enforcement. The war on drugs was central to this as it gave local law enforcement greater latitude to jail inner city miscreants.

Finally, consider that pot was a part of the anti-war hippie counter-culture, which the Right opposes. By criminalizing the life-style of the Left, the war on drugs became a Stalinist tool for jailing political enemies.

Meaning: the war on drugs became a crucial political tool of Movement Conservatism. It allowed them to target political enemies and otherwise disruptive citizens. And it proves that the Right doesn't care about small government. The Right has always wanted Big Government to micro-manage the lifestyle choices of free citizens, from sexual behavior to the ingestion of a harmless weed.
You have ignorance of the truth,

Though some measurable amount of chemical remains in the body for up to a month. Impairment is a temporary thing. As with alcohol quantity determines length of effect.
Quality can determine length of effect also.

Actually, when it comes to cannabis, quality affects the intensity and type of high rather than how long it keeps you impaired. Most high quality cannabis will give you an intense high after only 1 or 2 hits, but it will wear off after around 1 to 2 hours if you don't keep smoking. Eating sugar helps to level a person out from a high as well. And..........the reason that it is able to be detected for so long after the intoxicating effects have worn off is because THC bonds to fat molecules, and because of that tends to stay at detectable (not intoxicating) levels for anywhere from a week to 30 days (depending on body fat percentage).

Why are young Republicans in favor of legalization and the older ones aren't? Because the older ones still worship at the altar of Reagan, and in doing so want to continue his "just say no" policy towards marijuana.

Interestingly enough, research has shown cannabis to be many times less dangerous than alcohol or cigarettes.No High Risk Marijuana May be Less Harmful Than Alcohol Tobacco - NBC News

I think that marijuana needs to be removed from Schedule I substance classification, because if a substance is Schedule I, it is harmful, highly addictive, and holds zero medical benefit.

Marijuana has been PROVEN to have a medical benefit for a variety of ailments, from glaucoma to Alzheimer's, to seizures, to a whole bunch of other diseases. It has also been PROVEN to be physically non addictive (yeah.......there are those who can become mentally dependent on it, but the same can be said for shopping, gambling, co-dependency, etc.), and has now been shown to be less harmful than alcohol.

Personally? I say legalize it. Matter of fact, if they did that, I'd give up beer for cannabis.

Quality can determine length of effect also.

Actually, when it comes to cannabis, quality affects the intensity and type of high rather than how long it keeps you impaired. Most high quality cannabis will give you an intense high after only 1 or 2 hits, but it will wear off after around 1 to 2 hours if you don't keep smoking. Eating sugar helps to level a person out from a high as well. And..........the reason that it is able to be detected for so long after the intoxicating effects have worn off is because THC bonds to fat molecules, and because of that tends to stay at detectable (not intoxicating) levels for anywhere from a week to 30 days (depending on body fat percentage).

Why are young Republicans in favor of legalization and the older ones aren't? Because the older ones still worship at the altar of Reagan, and in doing so want to continue his "just say no" policy towards marijuana.

Interestingly enough, research has shown cannabis to be many times less dangerous than alcohol or cigarettes.No High Risk Marijuana May be Less Harmful Than Alcohol Tobacco - NBC News

I think that marijuana needs to be removed from Schedule I substance classification, because if a substance is Schedule I, it is harmful, highly addictive, and holds zero medical benefit.

Marijuana has been PROVEN to have a medical benefit for a variety of ailments, from glaucoma to Alzheimer's, to seizures, to a whole bunch of other diseases. It has also been PROVEN to be physically non addictive (yeah.......there are those who can become mentally dependent on it, but the same can be said for shopping, gambling, co-dependency, etc.), and has now been shown to be less harmful than alcohol.

Personally? I say legalize it. Matter of fact, if they did that, I'd give up beer for cannabis.
When you do it also can determine how long it lasts. Smoking early in the day can keep you high longer. A lot of it comes down to the person.

ap609761613042-bcce402b2ff43ab38e226209b23f40a4682b38ed-s800-c85.jpg

Nearly two-thirds of Millennials who identify as Republican support legalizing marijuana, while almost half of older GOP Gen-Xers do, according to a recently released Pew survey that could be an indicator of where the debate is heading.

While the Pew Research Center survey published on Friday shows a 14 percentage point gap between Republicans and Democrats under the age of 34, six-in-10 GOP-leaning Millennials still said they favor legalizing cannabis. Seventy-seven percent of surveyed Democrats in the same age group held that view.

For those aged 35 to 50, the same 14 percentage point gap between Republicans and Democrats was evident, but the respective percentages were somewhat lower. In that age group, 47 percent of Republicans favored legalization, as opposed to 61 percent of Democrats.

As Pew notes: "The debate over marijuana also comes ahead of the 2016 presidential election, when both political parties are fighting over the coveted Millennial vote as this group of eligible voters swells in size, even if its members do not consistently show up on Election Day."

The survey follows controversial decisions in Alaska and the District of Colombia.They join Colorado and Washington State. Medical marijuana is legal in some other states, such as California and Minnesota.

The survey on attitudes on marijuana legalization by political affiliation largely mirrors a survey Pew conducted a year ago concerning same-sex marriage. It showed that 61 percent of self-identified Republicans under 30 favored allowing gays and lesbians to marry, as opposed to 77 percent of Democrats in the same age group.

Oh, dude! He's soaking the trichomes into his finger tips. Bad form, man...

Oh, um, ahem... to answer your question, the party is predominated by easily scammed seniors.

Let's be face it, the old fart GOP Statists truly believe 'The Pot' = ISIS. They're incredibly out of touch. Gotta wait till they die off for anything to change in the Party.
How in the fuck is not voting for legal drugs make one a statist? Your liberal mind is not working it seems

The current GOP leaders are old fart Statists. They only pretend to be Conservatives when they feel it's convenient. In fact, most don't even call themselves Conservatives anymore. Now they just call themselves Republicans.

They've dropped the Conservative label all-together at this point. You'll never hear John McCain or John Boehner call themselves Conservatives. It is what it is.

Let's be face it, the old fart GOP Statists truly believe 'The Pot' = ISIS. They're incredibly out of touch. Gotta wait till they die off for anything to change in the Party.
How in the fuck is not voting for legal drugs make one a statist? Your liberal mind is not working it seems

Pro big government interdiction, intervention and incarceration. Doesn't get more statist than that.

The current GOP leadership is just about as Pro-Big Government as the Communists/Progressives in the other Party are. Not much difference anymore. So you make a great point. Thanks.

Pro big government interdiction, intervention and incarceration. Doesn't get more statist than that.
Oh bullshit. Laws keep us from anarchy and thus a more authoritarian government like you want .

Not putting Citizens in cages over Marijuana will not lead to 'Anarchy.' Seriously, it's true.

Oh bullshit. Laws keep us from anarchy and thus a more authoritarian government like you want .

The fascist anti-American drug law are more harmful to society than the effects of the substances themselves. No only do they subject young people to a violent black market but when incarcerated they get exposed to a rather nasty strain of Islam in Prison.

No Citizen should be put in a cage over Marijuana. The fact we're still doing it, is pretty sad and shocking. Legalize it, then release Thousands from our prisons. They don't belong in cages.

Very easy answer.

You have ignorance of the truth,
No son that would be you....You are so intent of feeding your addiction you believe every lie told to you..... It is easy to fool morons who destroy their own brain for fun.

The current GOP leaders are old fart Statists. They only pretend to be Conservatives when they feel it's convenient. In fact, most don't even call themselves Conservatives anymore. Now they just call themselves Republicans.

They've dropped the Conservative label all-together at this point. You'll never hear John McCain or John Boehner call themselves Conservatives. It is what it is.
Coming from a liberal who worships a lying sack of shit Paul that is funny. Son it is very conservative to be active in state legislation. It is not conservative to whine like a little bitch when you lose your ability to legally feed your addiction.

Not putting Citizens in cages over Marijuana will not lead to 'Anarchy.' Seriously, it's true.
No laws you fucking dummy lead to anarchy and asshole pot is ILLEGAL in most states...You want to stay out of jail? Don't smoke pot you fucking idiot!

Forum List

Back