6 In 10 Young Republicans Favor Legal Marijuana...So why dont Republicans?

thanatos?.....how come no reply for post 147?.....

here i will ask again..........

.if i smoked a joint today and thats it,are you are saying that next Wednesday,i will still be high just because it will be detected in the blood?....
I am saying it is there. It's effects are not known

Let's be face it, the old fart GOP Statists truly believe 'The Pot' = ISIS. They're incredibly out of touch. Gotta wait till they die off for anything to change in the Party.
How in the fuck is not voting for legal drugs make one a statist? Your liberal mind is not working it seems

Pro big government interdiction, intervention and incarceration. Doesn't get more statist than that.
Oh bullshit. Laws keep us from anarchy and thus a more authoritarian government like you want .

Let's be face it, the old fart GOP Statists truly believe 'The Pot' = ISIS. They're incredibly out of touch. Gotta wait till they die off for anything to change in the Party.
How in the fuck is not voting for legal drugs make one a statist? Your liberal mind is not working it seems

Pro big government interdiction, intervention and incarceration. Doesn't get more statist than that.
Oh bullshit. Laws keep us from anarchy and thus a more authoritarian government like you want .

The fascist anti-American drug law are more harmful to society than the effects of the substances themselves. No only do they subject young people to a violent black market but when incarcerated they get exposed to a rather nasty strain of Islam in Prison.

Very easy answer.

The war on drugs was used by Reagan to move African Americans from dismantled welfare programs to prison cells.

More generally, the war on drugs became a tool to beef up law enforcement in order to more effectively deal with superfluous populations, e.g., poor workers left behind by deindustrialization (as manufacturing jobs were sent to China).

Indeed, many of our great cities had large ghettos by the late 70s. Reagan pledged to fix the problem by beefing up law enforcement. The war on drugs was central to this as it gave local law enforcement greater latitude to jail inner city miscreants.

Finally, consider that pot was a part of the anti-war hippie counter-culture, which the Right opposes. By criminalizing the life-style of the Left, the war on drugs became a Stalinist tool for jailing political enemies.

Meaning: the war on drugs became a crucial political tool of Movement Conservatism. It allowed them to target political enemies and otherwise disruptive citizens. And it proves that the Right doesn't care about small government. The Right has always wanted Big Government to micro-manage the lifestyle choices of free citizens, from sexual behavior to the ingestion of a harmless weed.

Last edited:

The fascist anti-American drug law are more harmful to society than the effects of the substances themselves. No only do they subject young people to a violent black market but when incarcerated they get exposed to a rather nasty strain of Islam in Prison.
Not wanting our kids as brain dead zombie democrats means we are as bad as Islamic terrorists? you are a joke

Very easy answer.

The war on drugs was used by Reagan to move African Americans from dismantled welfare programs to prison cells.

More generally, the war on drugs became a tool to beef up law enforcement in order to more effectively deal with superfluous populations, e.g., poor workers left behind by deindustrialization (as manufacturing jobs were sent to China).

Indeed, many of our great cities had large ghettos by the late 70s. Reagan pledged to beef up law enforcement. The war on drugs was central to this as it gave local law enforcement greater latitude to jail inner city miscreants.

Finally, consider that pot was a part of the anti-war hippie counter-culture, which the Right opposes. By criminalizing the left-style of the Left, the war on drugs became a Stalinist tool for jailing political enemies.

Meaning: the war on drugs became a crucial political tool of Movement Conservatism. And it proves that the Right doesn't care about small government. The Right has always wanted Big Government to micro-manage the lifestyle choices of free citizens, from sexual behavior to the ingestion of a harmless weed.

I agree, however plenty of Democrats are and have been very pro Drug war. In fact a Republican State Legislator just introduced a legalization bill in Texas. :eek-52:

Very easy answer.

Indeed, many of our great cities had large ghettos by the late 70s. Reagan pledged to fix the problem by beefing up law enforcement. The war on drugs was central to this as it gave local law enforcement greater latitude to jail inner city miscreants.

Finally, consider that pot was a part of the anti-war hippie counter-culture, which the Right opposes. By criminalizing the life-style of the Left, the war on drugs became a Stalinist tool for jailing political enemies.

Meaning: the war on drugs became a crucial political tool of Movement Conservatism. It allowed them to target political enemies and otherwise disruptive citizens. And it proves that the Right doesn't care about small government. The Right has always wanted Big Government to micro-manage the lifestyle choices of free citizens, from sexual behavior to the ingestion of a harmless weed.
This post is proof pot makes you stupid

Not wanting our kids as brain dead zombie democrats means we are as bad as Islamic terrorists? you are a joke

Comprehension problems?

The left was also against pot,actually outlawed its use in the first place, FDR in the 30's, so who do you think your kidding its not a Dem or Rep issue. If kids want to get high, let them, our firm will continue to maintain zero tolerance. As for being a gateway drug, who knows and frankly who cares, if a kid needs drugs to survive in this world then he or she has a much larger problem than that of smoking pot.

Comprehension problems?
You do realize the best way of staying out of jail is to not break the law right? No one forces them to smoke pot

Comprehension problems?
You do realize the best way of staying out of jail is to not break the law right? No one forces them to smoke pot

Spoken like a true statist.

Really? And if it was alcohol instead? More double standards by the rabid pot crowd.
how about the double standards of the anti-pot crowd?....
There is none. You ignorantly think there is. You see drunk driving is a horrible crime. Difference being I will have worked off my one beer in a hour you pot sticks around
I've never been high for more than an hour without smoking more weed.
thanatos and katz believe you are still high a week later no matter even if you just smoked once in that time period.....some dam potent pot....
Is it not still in your system for at least 7 days? Those impaired are not a reliable source for whether it effects you or howb
You are totally ignorant.

Very easy answer.

Look at how stupid you are without drugs.

.if i smoked a joint today and thats it,are you are saying that next Wednesday,i will still be high just because it will be detected in the blood?....
thats not answering the question.....i repeat.....ARE YOU STILL HIGH A WEEK LATER?....

self governing and smoking a joint are 2 separate things......well maybe not to someone with your mindset.....
No it isn't. Self governing means making laws and that includes laws against recreational use of illicit narcotics.
when you fucking hypocrites outlaw the worst and 2 most destructive drugs out there, then you can tell me you have a point .....until then fuck you....
Alcohol poisoning kills six drinkers a day, no one NO ONE has ever overdosed on pot.
No instead they kill themselves and others in car crashes. They cause harm to family, They pollute others with their cancer causing smoke and will steal from you to feed their junkie habit.
you can tell you have smoked pot before.....
No instead they kill themselves and others in car crashes
no doubt pretty dam rare by itself....but i bet if the person was also drinking it can and does happen......
They cause harm to family
once again,by itself rare....once again, what other drugs are they doing?....
They pollute others with their cancer causing smoke
this is to stupid to even comment on.....
will steal from you to feed their junkie habit.
what other drugs are they doing?.....
Wrong...Crime is down in Colorado since the legalized it.

thats not answering the question.....i repeat.....ARE YOU STILL HIGH A WEEK LATER?....
He does not answer our questions because he has no answers. This is what ignorance is all about.

Very easy answer.

i think you have proven you are pretty clueless about pot.....
No it isn't. Self governing means making laws and that includes laws against recreational use of illicit narcotics.
when you fucking hypocrites outlaw the worst and 2 most destructive drugs out there, then you can tell me you have a point .....until then fuck you....
Alcohol poisoning kills six drinkers a day, no one NO ONE has ever overdosed on pot.
No instead they kill themselves and others in car crashes. They cause harm to family, They pollute others with their cancer causing smoke and will steal from you to feed their junkie habit.
you can tell you have smoked pot before.....
No instead they kill themselves and others in car crashes
no doubt pretty dam rare by itself....but i bet if the person was also drinking it can and does happen......
They cause harm to family
once again,by itself rare....once again, what other drugs are they doing?....
They pollute others with their cancer causing smoke
this is to stupid to even comment on.....
will steal from you to feed their junkie habit.
what other drugs are they doing?.....
Wrong...Crime is down in Colorado since the legalized it.
and when did i say crime was up?.....

He does not answer our questions because he has no answers. This is what ignorance is all about.
and it also shows a guy who has never smoked the stuff trying to come off like he has......what kind of a fucking idiot would say you are high all week long from smoking 1 joint?....

Comprehension problems?

Spoken like a true statist.
What ever...needless to say that when in come on my ballot I will not vote for legal pot. I dont need more brain dead liberals in my state.

how about the double standards of the anti-pot crowd?....
There is none. You ignorantly think there is. You see drunk driving is a horrible crime. Difference being I will have worked off my one beer in a hour you pot sticks around
I've never been high for more than an hour without smoking more weed.
thanatos and katz believe you are still high a week later no matter even if you just smoked once in that time period.....some dam potent pot....
Is it not still in your system for at least 7 days? Those impaired are not a reliable source for whether it effects you or howb
You are totally ignorant.
I dont really care what a bigot like you thinks....It doesnt surprise me that you smoke pot.

Forum List

Back