58% prefer the ACA over the GOP bill

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
Poll: Majority prefer Obamacare over Senate GOP health care bill

In the face of a major revolt from within its own party, Senate Republicans on Tuesday decided to delay a vote on health care legislation. While the delay is intended to sway lawmakers -- it appears many others have already made up their mind -- and they'd like to stick with Obamacare.

The Senate Republican health care bill remains, even with changes to the House's version of the legislation, less popular than the Affordable Care Act, according to a new AOL News survey.

The poll finds 58 percent said they prefer the Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare. Meanwhile, only 28 percent of respondents said they prefer the new GOP bill. Another 14 percent of respondents said they weren't sure which legislation they preferred.

As the citizens of this nation get a chance to fully understand what is in the GOP bill, that percentage that would prefer to stay with the current ACA will increase.

Clinton wins in a landslide! Oh, wait...you mean the polls were wrong?

People don't know the truth about Obamacare, of course, they want to keep it. That is just another check in the box for why the media has let the people down.

A poll came out that 60% of the American people were against Obamacare but the Democrats crammed it down the throats of the American people anyway. So tell me rocks what the hell is the difference?

I told you idiots long ago, payback is a bitch and now you know.

Really? The ACA is still the law of the land, and, given the GOP's ability to govern, is likely to remain that way until we replace it with a single payer universal health care system.

I can find a 'poll' that PROVES if you eat dog shit everyday you'll live forever.

In the face of a major revolt from within its own party, Senate Republicans on Tuesday decided to delay a vote on health care legislation. While the delay is intended to sway lawmakers -- it appears many others have already made up their mind -- and they'd like to stick with Obamacare.

The Senate Republican health care bill remains, even with changes to the House's version of the legislation, less popular than the Affordable Care Act, according to a new AOL News survey.

The poll finds 58 percent said they prefer the Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare. Meanwhile, only 28 percent of respondents said they prefer the new GOP bill. Another 14 percent of respondents said they weren't sure which legislation they preferred.

As the citizens of this nation get a chance to fully understand what is in the GOP bill, that percentage that would prefer to stay with the current ACA will increase.

The GOP will not have enough votes to pass it.

Obamacare was designed to fail and usher in single payer system

Reagan was right in that Medicare would usher in socialized medicine.

A poll about a subject no one has the details of yet they responded anyway.

Yeah, that super informative huh?

Beyond dumb. I follow politics and I don't even know the full details of the new bill.

The GOP will not have enough votes to pass it.

Obamacare was designed to fail and usher in single payer system

Reagan was right in that Medicare would usher in socialized medicine.
Yep. Probably why the leftist expanded it.

Show me the poll first, and I agree this bill SHOULD NOT pass I hope it fails and then the extremists on both sides fuck off and the moderates make a deal together. Not many moderates left in the dem party...mostly people from the rust belt states.

I am going on record as saying this.
GOP will NEVER pass their bill because they can't please the extremist clowns like Paul,Cruz etc with making sure people die
Democrats will NEVER repeal obamacare right now

Obamacare will collapse next year or so and it will FORCE the moderates from both parties to make a deal that will help Americans. Ryan,Manchin,Heitkamp,etc from dems and MOST republicans outside of about 10 I would think would vote for it.

Really? The ACA is still the law of the land, and, given the GOP's ability to govern, is likely to remain that way until we replace it with a single payer universal health care system.

BFD, doesn't change the fact the Dems rammed a bill down the American public s threat without a majority approval, so why should the GOP give a rats ass about what the public thinks?

Forum List

Back