54 Christmas Trees???

As Americans face a fiscal cliff, the Obamas make do with 54 Christmas trees by Andrew Malcolm - Investors.com

Oh, maybe the Obamination family calls them "holiday trees," but still 54 trees for the White House.

Since liberals here are worried about a private citizen in Mitt Romney buying an Audi.....what about the so-called "GREEN" POTUS killing 54 trees to decorate his house?

Or what about blowing that much money on being an over the top show off during a budget crisis and millions out of work......

Come on liberals, explain this away.

54 dead trees????

That's one expense that should be on him and since he is doing quite well financially, thanks to the tax payers, I am sure he had no trouble paying for all of them. It seems over the top, but who cares.

Actually, I'd be more worried if there were no Christmas trees, but as long as he is footing the bill, I don't care. Maybe tax payers have to pay for the ones the public would see during tours of the White House. Do they still allow tours?

Good god, you're a fucking idiot. The pending DoD cuts will cost about 1 million jobs across the DoD and contractors according to studies.

The 47,000 Army and Marines personnel FIRED from the military has already been put into motion by ex-SECDEF Gates. You are just a dumbfuck on the internet acting like you know your ass from your mouth.

I'm sure those able bodied Vets without jobs today appreciate scum like you defending the fraud, waste and abuse of 54 Christmas trees by Obamination.

“New” fiscally prudent Obama cuts military personnel, raising veteran family health care premiums | Flopping Aces

You're either an idiot or a liar to not know about the Army and Marine personnel cuts made by Obamination to "save money."

Fuck off, you piece of shit.

Obama is firing the Marines?

Link, please.

How will the tots get toys, now?
Read up, Champ. I bolded a bit so it won't tax you too much.

Rep. Randy Forbes, R-Va., chairman of the U.S. House Armed Services subcommittee on readiness, said July 26 at a hearing that the estimate is based on an 11.3 percent cut across all U.S. Defense Department accounts, except for military personnel, which he assumes would likely be exempted from cuts. The budget cuts would be required by sequestration, which are automatic cuts that would be triggered Jan. 2 if a long-term budget-cutting deal is not struck.​

Forecast: 89,000 civilian job cuts at DoD under sequestration | Defense News | defensenews.com

Many idiots here seem to think blowing taxpayer money on 54 trees during a budget mess is no big deal.

I have no problem with 1-5 decorated trees for the public to view on tours but 54 is outrageous.

As Americans face a fiscal cliff, the Obamas make do with 54 Christmas trees by Andrew Malcolm - Investors.com

Oh, maybe the Obamination family calls them "holiday trees," but still 54 trees for the White House.

Since liberals here are worried about a private citizen in Mitt Romney buying an Audi.....what about the so-called "GREEN" POTUS killing 54 trees to decorate his house?

Or what about blowing that much money on being an over the top show off during a budget crisis and millions out of work......

54 dead trees????

That's one expense that should be on him and since he is doing quite well financially, thanks to the tax payers, I am sure he had no trouble paying for all of them. It seems over the top, but who cares.

Actually, I'd be more worried if there were no Christmas trees, but as long as he is footing the bill, I don't care. Maybe tax payers have to pay for the ones the public would see during tours of the White House. Do they still allow tours?

Good god, you're a fucking idiot. The pending DoD cuts will cost about 1 million jobs across the DoD and contractors according to studies.

The 47,000 Army and Marines personnel FIRED from the military has already been put into motion by ex-SECDEF Gates. You are just a dumbfuck on the internet acting like you know your ass from your mouth.

I'm sure those able bodied Vets without jobs today appreciate scum like you defending the fraud, waste and abuse of 54 Christmas trees by Obamination.

“New” fiscally prudent Obama cuts military personnel, raising veteran family health care premiums | Flopping Aces

You're either an idiot or a liar to not know about the Army and Marine personnel cuts made by Obamination to "save money."

Fuck off, you piece of shit.

Rep. Randy Forbes, R-Va., chairman of the U.S. House Armed Services subcommittee on readiness, said July 26 at a hearing that the estimate is based on an 11.3 percent cut across all U.S. Defense Department accounts, except for military personnel, which he assumes would likely be exempted from cuts. The budget cuts would be required by sequestration, which are automatic cuts that would be triggered Jan. 2 if a long-term budget-cutting deal is not struck.​

Forecast: 89,000 civilian job cuts at DoD under sequestration | Defense News | defensenews.com
Still, no Marine has lost his/her job, Skippy. Personnel cuts do not mean Marines are being fired, you know.

Civilians maybe, but not Marines.

54 dead trees????

The Obamas allow tours.

111212-obama-christmas-trees.jpg

Many idiots here seem to think blowing taxpayer money on 54 trees during a budget mess is no big deal.

I have no problem with 1-5 decorated trees for the public to view on tours but 54 is outrageous.

54 dead trees????

So, you were red with outrage when the Bush's had 50 trees, right? When Laura loved to decorate her trees with all hand painted specially commissioned bulbs, right? :rolleyes:

You keep digging for more stupid, don't you?

Obamination told the DoD to downsize the Army and Marines to "save money" so soldiers and Marines were told their enlistments wouldn't be renewed.....so they were fired.

Now those fired Marines and soldiers can sit at home seeing idiots like you defend blowing $500,000 to $1,000,000 on christmas trees in the White House after that money could've kept them serving with a job.

Don't tell the DoD to cut $1T from its budget over these last 2 years, then blow money on 54 fucking trees.

Shut the fuck up.

Still, no Marine has lost his/her job, Skippy. Personnel cuts do not mean Marines are being fired, you know.

Last edited:

54 dead trees????

The Obamas allow tours.
So did the Bush's.

And, it's not either family's call, you know.

So, you were red with outrage when the Bush's had 50 trees, right? When Laura loved to decorate her trees with all hand painted specially commissioned bulbs, right? :rolleyes:

I do not agree with the outrage over this...

But I believe GB is referring to the fact that such was done by the Obama White House amist a serious debate about the fiscal cliff....

Did the Bush's do it when 24 million Americans were out of work? When unemployment was at 8% or higher for 4 straight years? When 47 million Americans were on food stamps?

If not....debate him on the topic....let him know the White House has a responsibility to show the rest of the world how we move forward despite our challanges....not by comparing him to a man who has not been in the white house for 4 years....and governed under a different set of circumstances.

Bush didn't engage in class warfare, nor did he constantly admonish the working man to spend less on himself but more on taxes, and tighten his belt in order to better serve everyone else.

Don't tell the DoD to cut 47,000 troops and 80,000 GS personnel from the books along with weapon systems, etc....to a tune of over $1T in budget cuts, then go out and party like the end of the world is coming on 21 Dec 2012.

Obamination told the DoD to downsize the Army and Marines to "save money" so soldiers and Marines were told their enlistements wouldn't be renewed.....so they were fired.

Now those fired Marines and soldiers can sit at home seeing idiots like you defend blowing $500,000 to $1,000,000 on christmas trees in the White House after that money could've kept them serving with a job.

Shut the fuck up.

I'll type slowly......

That doesn't mean any military personnel, enlisted or commissioned, are going to be fired. It DOES mean that the budget for additional personnel would be less.

And, no one has a right to have a tour or commission renewed or even a right to serve.

I swear.... I am not kidding you.

But, I give you this: Now you're on a more important topic than WH Xmas trees.

I do not agree with the outrage over this...

But I believe GB is referring to the fact that such was done by the Obama White House amist a serious debate about the fiscal cliff....

Did the Bush's do it when 24 million Americans were out of work? When unemployment was at 8% or higher for 4 straight years? When 47 million Americans were on food stamps?
If not....debate him on the topic....let him know the White House has a responsibility to show the rest of the world how we move forward despite our challanges....not by comparing him to a man who has not been in the white house for 4 years....and governed under a different set of circumstances.

America reached near bottom in December 2008 with 770,000 Americans losing their job every week and the stock market in collapse.....and yes, The Bush's decorated the White House

The Fiscal Cliff is just a political gimic. White House Christmas trees will not influence the outcome one way or the other

The Obamas allow tours.
So did the Bush's.

The white house was closed to tours after sept. 11th, and was opened very limitedly a few years later. Now many of those limits have been lifted. The white house is expecting around 100k people to tour this holiday season.

Bush didn't engage in class warfare, nor did he constantly admonish the working man to spend less on himself but more on taxes, and tighten his belt in order to better serve everyone else.
and that is why he will be remembered as an infinately better president...and Obamas only claim to fame will be the "First African American President"..

But it doesnt change the fact that, as President, he has a responsibility to show the world ANDS the country that we are moving forward despite our challanges.

I mean..should they all wear old sneakers and jeans?

The Obamas allow tours.
So did the Bush's.

The white house was closed to tours after sept. 11th, and was opened very limitedly a few years later. Now many of those limits have been lifted. The white house is expecting around 100k people to tour this holiday season.
Yup. And, the temporary closure was not the First Family's call. Any closure or opening is not the First Family's call.

Go fuck yourself, you piece of shit.

When the POTUS says get the troop levels to a lower level.....troops lose their fucking jobs. The Army and Marines can't just "hide them" you fucking twit.

The JS-J1 will find out and report the Army and Marines to the SECDEF...then the Army Chief of Staff and Marine Commandant would be up shit creek.

Like I said get back to licking the Waffle House bathrooms clean.

Obamination told the DoD to downsize the Army and Marines to "save money" so soldiers and Marines were told their enlistements wouldn't be renewed.....so they were fired.

Shut the fuck up.

I'll type slowly......

That doesn't mean any military personnel, enlisted or commissioned, are going to be fired. It DOES mean that the budget for additional personnel would be less.

And, no one has a right to have a tour or commission renewed or even a right to serve.

I swear.... I am not kidding you.

But, I give you this: Now you're on a more important topic than WH Xmas trees.

I started this thread to counter the Audi thread to show the hypocrisy of liberals and the lunacy of spending in DC. Liberals think Romney isn't allowed to buy an Audi, but it's ok for a GREEN POTUS to use live trees as props and not only 1 tree...but 54 fucking trees full of expensive ornaments.

What I got was a bunch of nuts defending the wasteful spending on frivilous ornaments in the White House when the main news story is how we're running out of time and money.....insanity at its finest here among the dolts.

It's no wonder this country is fucked when people will argue over the budget here, but then defend blowing possibly $1M putting lipstick on a pig White House. Crackheads arguing over what crack is the important crack and most expensive crack....

Forum List

Back