53,000 dead voters unearthed in Florida...

Makes me wonder how many there are across the nation.

Rule of Law » 53,000 Dead Voters Found in Florida

So, you're in favor of gov't regulation?

See, that's the kind of thing that's necessary in order to remove deceased individuals from voter rolls: mandatory reporting, mandatory accountability.

However, I know for a fact that not even the SS death index is complete because I knew someone who died in 2006 and her death was never reported to the Soc Sec Administration (since there's no record of her on SSDI).

What we need is gov't that works. Who couldn't be in favor of that? Elected and appointed gov't officials from BOTH political parties need to start fixing problems instead of spending such an inordinate amount of time demonizing the opposition and running for office on the mantra that the 'other side' is the problem. We send these yucks to FIX problems, not to make them worse.

I'm a lifelong Republican and I am opposed to Voter ID laws.

With more than two centuries of elections to draw upon, no one is able to demonstrate a case of voter fraud which could only have been prevented or caught with Voter ID.

These dead people on the registration rolls, for example, are a case of improper management of an existing safeguard. If we cannot properly manage existing safeguards, how is adding more complexity going to make things better?

It strikes me as an extremely curious situation that the party which claims to defend our Constitution is seeking to put a completely unnecessary additional impediment to our right to vote.

It strongly suggests there are ulterior motives which do not serve the interest of freedom.

No they are not.

They are a case of government done on the cheap.

Dead people can't "de-register" themselves.

Registrars can de-register them. Duh.

They have to be notified of the death. If there is no statewide database, only people who die in the county are reported to the registrar. Would you like registrars to comb obits? Cool. Give me two more permanent employees and I'm on it!

Things like the Treyvor Martin case and Voter ID give me the willies when I think that our jurisprudence system relies heavily on the populace's ability to discern facts from fantasy.

Fact: Some Voter ID laws in some states result in some people being disenfranchised.

Fiction: Voter ID is the only safeguard which will prevent dead people from voting and other types of voter fraud.

Fox News thinks that when they go out and find a handful of negroes in their city who are NOT disenfranchised, this means NO ONE is disenfranchised. This is what passes for intelligent reporting these days.

What a fluff piece like that proves is that Fox News is unable to dispute the hard evidence which shows actual people are disenfranchised, and so they have to throw up a giant smokescreen to divert attention from that fact. It is classic misdirection. Just like when a leftie news show does a sad piece on a rape victim to misdirect attention from the fact that a million abortions a year are NOT the result of rape or incest.

Voter ID is a solution looking for a problem. No one has ever presented a problem that only Voter ID can solve. No one has ever shown that the current safeguards cannot stop or catch all fraud when properly managed.

If registrars can't properly maintain their voter rolls, then we need to fix the current safeguards, not create additonal ones for them to fuck up, too.

If you were on a jury, you would have to vote to convict Voter ID of perpetrating a fraud on a bunch of rubes, and of violating voters' constitutional rights. The Right is supposed to be about protecting the Constitution.

Last edited:

PJ Media is a media company and operator of an eponymous conservative opinion and commentary website.

Founded in 2004 by a network primarily, but not exclusively, made up of conservatives and libertarians led by writer Roger L. Simon it was originally intended as a forum to present blogs "with the intention of... aggregating blogs to increase corporate advertising and creating our own professional news service." Media's name, formerly Pajamas Media, is derived from a dismissive comment made by former news executive vice-president Jonathan Klein of CBS during the Killian documents affair involving then-CBS anchorman Dan Rather in the fall of 2004: "You couldn't have a starker contrast between the multiple layers of checks and balances at 60 Minutes and a guy sitting in his living room in his pajamas."

PJ Media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This whole thread is based on a the musings of one conservative website (PJ Media) where "PJ" refers to "pajamas" - you draw your own conclusions as to its objectivity and reliability!

Last edited:

PJ Media is a media company and operator of an eponymous conservative opinion and commentary website.

Founded in 2004 by a network primarily, but not exclusively, made up of conservatives and libertarians led by writer Roger L. Simon it was originally intended as a forum to present blogs "with the intention of... aggregating blogs to increase corporate advertising and creating our own professional news service." Media's name, formerly Pajamas Media, is derived from a dismissive comment made by former news executive vice-president Jonathan Klein of CBS during the Killian documents affair involving then-CBS anchorman Dan Rather in the fall of 2004: "You couldn't have a starker contrast between the multiple layers of checks and balances at 60 Minutes and a guy sitting in his living room in his pajamas."

This whole thread is based on a the musings of one conservative website (PJ Media) where "PJ" refers to "pajamas" - you draw your own conclusions as to its objectivity and reliability!

But nevermind the references to the story...YOU are an idiot.

So, you're in favor of gov't regulation?

See, that's the kind of thing that's necessary in order to remove deceased individuals from voter rolls: mandatory reporting, mandatory accountability.

That regulation already exists. We need to get our government to enforce its current regulations.

And in case you haven't figured it out by now, Voter ID would be a new regulation!

Duh.

so how does a dead corpse vote anyway? do they have a seperate booth? and will someone be there to assist the dead vote? arthritis really kicks in after the age of 105.

There is no indication, even in the linked article, that they are VOTING.

Remember what I said at the top. Some people think it is safe to ASSUME they did. And repeating shit that is made up makes it become true. They just have to say it enough times. That's how delusions work. Repeat some made up shit enough times until you believe it is true.

That is why we will see topics about dead voters from now until the end of time. It is the effort to repeat something until it becomes truth.

Kind of creepy. Like zombies.

"Only...Voter...ID...can...stop...the...dead...rrrrnnngggghhhh!"

Last edited:

I'm sure some people will feel it is safe to assume all 53,000 voted Democratic in the last election. Once this assumption is parroted by 500 people or 500 times, whichever comes first, this repitition will be solid evidence the dead voted Democratic. After all, logic dictates that if you say something enough times, it is true.

I'm sure other people will feel it is safe to assume all 53,000 voted Republican in the last election. Once it is parroted by...etc., etc., etc.

Actually, there is no evidence that ANY of the deceased voted, they are just still on the rolls. It's not uncommon AT ALL that dead people are still on the rolls.

True....but it does bring this problem to light as far as cleaning the list.

Since they know 53,000 dead people are still on the rolls, that means they have identified the dead voters. So it is a simple matter to now remove them from the rolls.

Problem solved.

Without Voter ID.

Spoken as a true conservative!

Can I assume that you were dropped on your head or abused as a child?

Spoken as a true conservative!

Can I assume that you were dropped on your head or abused as a child?

I KNOW you are deflecting. Get lost loser. :eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back