5'2", 110lbs. Can you handle him?

A study led by William Bozeman, of the Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, of nearly 1,000 persons subjected to Taser use, concluded that 99.7% of the subjects had either minor injuries, such as scrapes and bruises, or none at all; while three persons suffered injuries severe enough to need hospital admission, and two other subjects died.

Two out of a thousand in this study by Wake Forest University.

Link? Not just for me, it's actually the rules.

Taser safety issues - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would think 2 in a thousand seems high. However, I would like to see the numbers when taking into account ALL people. Not just healthy people. After all, we can't take medical histories and know if it's OK or not taser them.

Or can we assume that since most cops wear a vest we can safely shoot them with only some pain?

"There were 103 Taser stun gun-related deaths in the United States and Canada between June 2001 and March 2005, according to an Amnesty International report."

Taser-related deaths top 100

Yeah, even the wingnuts on the left can't justify their hatred of tasers, 25,000 people died in one year from auto related incidents ... tasers, 103 in 4 years. Sure, that's really bad.

can you find out how many policemen died during the same length of time.. let's see who is in the most danger..don't look in amnesty international,, they won't keep those stats

go for it! I don't give a shit.. I made a mistake and you get to spend the rest of your life hating me for it.. Whatever makes your pecker pucker!

Hating you? lol

Don't flatter yourself.

I will, however, throw that shit in your face when you make blind, ignorant accusations like "the left doesn't care when cops get killed."

like I said go for it.. I've had shit in my face before.. you do remember the most recent incident of cops being killed and I posted it and someone accused me iirc of it being a "non story" ??????? maybe not.. and you do recall the group marching down the street cheering.. and i can guarandamntee ya they were Republicans.. so I rest my case. donkeyface.

So some people cheer a cop being killed and to you that means the left doesn't care when cops get killed.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

"There were 103 Taser stun gun-related deaths in the United States and Canada between June 2001 and March 2005, according to an Amnesty International report."

Yeah, even the wingnuts on the left can't justify their hatred of tasers, 25,000 people died in one year from auto related incidents ... tasers, 103 in 4 years. Sure, that's really bad.

Where do the left wingnuts state they hate tasers KK? I would think that would be their weapon of choice over a gun for their own protection, don't you?

What people on here are upset about, with no political agenda by the way, are the way they think the police used excessive force on a 110# 16 year old boy, to the extent of tasering him until he died. Something is rotten in Denmark if 2 men couldn't restrain him. Maybe we will learn more details as time goes on.

You must mean common sense? No one is accusing the police of using common sense, an error of judgement maybe, but hardly likely to be murder.They acted within the guidlines and training but we all know they could have physically arrested the boy without much injury to anybody, at the same time I am positive they didn't think the tazer would kill the lad.

I'm not accusing these cops of murder either. I think that they used poor judgement in tasering the kid. I think the force they used was unnecessary but I certainly don't think they thought they were going or intended to kill the kid ... that's silly.

We agre it was accidental then?Debate over.

Of course it was accidental. There was no intent to kill the kid, IMO. My position is that kid didn't have to be tazed in the first place and had they used proper judgment he'd be alive.

Two out of a thousand in this study by Wake Forest University.

I would think 2 in a thousand seems high. However, I would like to see the numbers when taking into account ALL people. Not just healthy people. After all, we can't take medical histories and know if it's OK or not taser them.

Or can we assume that since most cops wear a vest we can safely shoot them with only some pain?

Someone with a weak heart is just as likely to die from being jostled to, hitting the chest right and heard enough can throw even a healthy person into cardiac arrest. Striking the head can cause a person to feel fine for about an hour then suddenly drop dead with no signs of injury. As I said, anything can kill you, if used correctly.

Where do the left wingnuts state they hate tasers KK? I would think that would be their weapon of choice over a gun for their own protection, don't you?

What people on here are upset about, with no political agenda by the way, are the way they think the police used excessive force on a 110# 16 year old boy, to the extent of tasering him until he died. Something is rotten in Denmark if 2 men couldn't restrain him. Maybe we will learn more details as time goes on.

Cops are always right. Never question them. Even if someone died, obviously you are out of line to ask why. Cop hater.

Hating you? lol

Don't flatter yourself.

I will, however, throw that shit in your face when you make blind, ignorant accusations like "the left doesn't care when cops get killed."

like I said go for it.. I've had shit in my face before.. you do remember the most recent incident of cops being killed and I posted it and someone accused me iirc of it being a "non story" ??????? maybe not.. and you do recall the group marching down the street cheering.. and i can guarandamntee ya they were Republicans.. so I rest my case. donkeyface.

So some people cheer a cop being killed and to you that means the left doesn't care when cops get killed.

why?? I have never seen a Republican march in anarchy against police officers.. have you???

and if they didn't use a taser, they would have been accused of beating him...KK is right, cops just never do right in some people's eyes.

Please.

I was arrested a couple of times as a teenager when I weighed all of 110 lbs and even though I resisted the cops were able to get me down and cuff me w/out any difficulties. I was bumped up a bit but there was no stink made about it because I was guilty as all hell and a little soreness didn't kill me.

Most times, that would be the result of a taser to, just a little soreness. But the same risk of injury occurs for the criminal when they are "wrestled", it's just different injuries. Tasers were put into use because people kept complaining about the cops using "excessive force" ... now those same people are whining about tasers ...

I think tazers are an effective tool for the police to have when used reasonably and with good judgement.

Cops are always right. Never question them. Even if someone died, obviously you are out of line to ask why. Cop hater.

oh for sure! no problem,, but your head back up your ass if you think there aren't cop haters by the neighborhood full..

why?? I have never seen a Republican march in anarchy against police officers.. have you???

Honestly, I don't know. These people don't wear elephant and donkey badges on their sleeves.

Either way it doesn't matter ... just because you claim you have never seen a Republican march against police officers doesn't mean that "the left" (you used the blanket all encompassing term) doesn't care when cops get killed. It's absurd to think that way.

Someone with a weak heart is just as likely to die from being jostled to, hitting the chest right and heard enough can throw even a healthy person into cardiac arrest. Striking the head can cause a person to feel fine for about an hour then suddenly drop dead with no signs of injury. As I said, anything can kill you, if used correctly.

What I want to know from you is if electrocution is fatal or not? Until you can settle the score on your knowledge of fatal electrical incidents I have to disregard anything you have to add here.

So, is electrocution fatal or not? You claim to have been electrocuted many times and seem to be no worse for it. This is EXTREMELY vitale to the value of anything you have to say here. I don't think you know a damned thing about what is fatal regarding electric shock.

Can we take up a collection and send this person to Somalia?

We'll offer you a ticket to Detroit after a month.

How much time have you spent in blighted, vacant houses in a midwestern inner city?

Me, 25 years.

And you survived? Was it the taser that got you through? How many people did you have to kill to survive 25 years like that?

Ever deal with delinquent teens in vacant inner city houses, assbreath?

What whitebread suburb do you live in, anyway?

Honestly, I don't know. These people don't wear elephant and donkey badges on their sleeves.

Either way it doesn't matter ... just because you claim you have never seen a Republican march against police officers doesn't mean that "the left" (you used the blanket all encompassing term) doesn't care when cops get killed. It's absurd to think that way.

Well, of course it's absurd to you.. but not to me.. I have paid a lot of attention since the Rodney King thing went down.. and I will be the first to tell you cops get overzealous.. even make mistakes,, god forbid.. they make a mistake,, they are fighting an uphill battle though with the PR department.. that's exactly why Simpson got off,, because the lawyers convinced the jury (which wasn't hard to do) that the policemen were incompetent.. and I will also be the first to tell you that the knee jerk response is always,, it's the pigs fault" I wouldn't be a cop in a big city for all the tea in china.. I don't know what keeps them on the job.. like I said all they have to do is take a split second to try and guess what to do and they are dead.. so even though I initially came out and said based on what I read they should not have tazed him.. I really don't know that,, unless you are there and facing the situation you are just an arm chair quarterback.

What I want to know from you is if electrocution is fatal or not? Until you can settle the score on your knowledge of fatal electrical incidents I have to disregard anything you have to add here.

So, is electrocution fatal or not? You claim to have been electrocuted many times and seem to be no worse for it. This is EXTREMELY vitale to the value of anything you have to say here. I don't think you know a damned thing about what is fatal regarding electric shock.

Already answered this a few dozen times, so here it is again: Those with weak hearts will die from electrocution, but the stronger your heart the more amps you can absorb before your heart fails. So the chances of anything abot a static shock killing the average person goes up depending on the amperage of the the shock. Voltage hurts, it stings, but it doesn't kill. Wall sockets do not kill most people who are electrocuted by them, even lightening doesn't kill most who are struck by it (unless they are thrown into something that does). You need to learn about electricity a lot.

Please.

I was arrested a couple of times as a teenager when I weighed all of 110 lbs and even though I resisted the cops were able to get me down and cuff me w/out any difficulties. I was bumped up a bit but there was no stink made about it because I was guilty as all hell and a little soreness didn't kill me.

can you say beyond a shadow of a doubt that taser force in this situation was unreasonable?

Of course not. Just like you cannot say beyond a shadow of a doubt that taser force was reasonable. Neither of us are arbiters of such a thing. We are obviously in the realm of opinion here, counselor ;)

i object your honor, it is against the law to be a smart alec :lol:

How much time have you spent in blighted, vacant houses in a midwestern inner city?

Me, 25 years.

And you survived? Was it the taser that got you through? How many people did you have to kill to survive 25 years like that?

Ever deal with delinquent teens in vacant inner city houses, assbreath?

What whitebread suburb do you live in, anyway?

Let's not deflect. How many people did you have to kill in order to survive all that time in the city slums? How many did you have to taser?

What about your survivial in that environment supports the claim that two trained police officers needed to taser a kid to death in order to make it through there?

No, tell me your experience dealing with delinquent teens in crime ridden neighborhoods.

You're not qualified to comment on the dynamics of chasing down and struggling with such a person in that environment.

Last edited:

Already answered this a few dozen times, so here it is again: Those with weak hearts will die from electrocution, but the stronger your heart the more amps you can absorb before your heart fails. So the chances of anything abot a static shock killing the average person goes up depending on the amperage of the the shock. Voltage hurts, it stings, but it doesn't kill. Wall sockets do not kill most people who are electrocuted by them, even lightening doesn't kill most who are struck by it (unless they are thrown into something that does). You need to learn about electricity a lot.

Let me explain this really slow, since you don't or won't get it: ELECTROCUTION is DEATH by electric shock. If you had been electrocuted, you wouldn't be here.

If you are elctrocuted by an outlet in your home, you die. Get it? If you live, you got shocked. How many amps do you think that typical circuit is rated for? 15? 20? How much does it take to kill a person? How did you get shocked but NOT electrocuted by a 20 amp circuit? Do you know? Is a taser AC or DC? What's the difference?

You are largely ignorant of this subject.

Let me repeat, since you are so slow, YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN ELECTROCUTED.

Forum List

Back