5'2", 110lbs. Can you handle him?

Taser is reasonable force.

In certain situations, it sure is. I'm not convinced that it was reasonable force in this situation.

As I said, many who are on drugs will look and sound "developmentally disabled" ... that is until you touch them, then they kinda hurt you really bad. The cops used the taser because that's the one thing that keeps them safe to. Tasers don't just stop the criminal, they prevent harm to both the criminals and cops in almost all instances, period. Just looking at one or two per year that die ... that's dishonesty at best.
Again, how many cops are killed by unarmed junkies?

In certain situations, it sure is. I'm not convinced that it was reasonable force in this situation.

As I said, many who are on drugs will look and sound "developmentally disabled" ... that is until you touch them, then they kinda hurt you really bad. The cops used the taser because that's the one thing that keeps them safe to. Tasers don't just stop the criminal, they prevent harm to both the criminals and cops in almost all instances, period. Just looking at one or two per year that die ... that's dishonesty at best.

A learning disabled kid may very well present as a drug addict . . . but he wasn't. He wasn't armed, he wasn't big and he was learning disabled. Since the kid had no weapon you mean to tell me they couldn't have gotten a pair of cuffs on him without using a taser? If two cops cannot handle a kid this size then maybe they should be on desk duty.

^------ what she said.

A learning disabled kid may very well present as a drug addict . . . but he wasn't. He wasn't armed, he wasn't big and he was learning disabled. Since the kid had no weapon you mean to tell me they couldn't have gotten a pair of cuffs on him without using a taser? If two cops cannot handle a kid this size then maybe they should be on desk duty.

Did you read a different article? The one linked in the OP doesn't mention whether he was armed or not.

and if they didn't use a taser, they would have been accused of beating him...KK is right, cops just never do right in some people's eyes.

thank you very much kind sir.. now that will answer TINKTANKS questions about name calling..

Just calling a spade a spade. I could give a shit what that other dude asked.

go for it! I don't give a shit.. I made a mistake and you get to spend the rest of your life hating me for it.. Whatever makes your pecker pucker!

Hating you? lol

Don't flatter yourself.

I will, however, throw that shit in your face when you make blind, ignorant accusations like "the left doesn't care when cops get killed."

A study led by William Bozeman, of the Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, of nearly 1,000 persons subjected to Taser use, concluded that 99.7% of the subjects had either minor injuries, such as scrapes and bruises, or none at all; while three persons suffered injuries severe enough to need hospital admission, and two other subjects died.

Two out of a thousand in this study by Wake Forest University.

It is used all over the world and accepted as reasonable force.

Again ... yes it is ... depending on the situation.

Shooting and killing a suspect is also reasonable force in certain situations.

You must mean common sense? No one is accusing the police of using common sense, an error of judgement maybe, but hardly likely to be murder.They acted within the guidlines and training but we all know they could have physically arrested the boy without much injury to anybody, at the same time I am positive they didn't think the tazer would kill the lad.

"There were 103 Taser stun gun-related deaths in the United States and Canada between June 2001 and March 2005, according to an Amnesty International report."

Taser-related deaths top 100

Yeah, even the wingnuts on the left can't justify their hatred of tasers, 25,000 people died in one year from auto related incidents ... tasers, 103 in 4 years. Sure, that's really bad.

Does anyone have any credible stats on taser death rates?
Very small, but growing so probably in your acceptable range. Regardless, cops are trained to avoid harming innocent people. If they used a potato cannon to kill him that would be even a smaller statistic. :cuckoo:

A study led by William Bozeman, of the Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, of nearly 1,000 persons subjected to Taser use, concluded that 99.7% of the subjects had either minor injuries, such as scrapes and bruises, or none at all; while three persons suffered injuries severe enough to need hospital admission, and two other subjects died.

Two out of a thousand in this study by Wake Forest University.

Link? Not just for me, it's actually the rules.

and if they didn't use a taser, they would have been accused of beating him...KK is right, cops just never do right in some people's eyes.

Please.

I was arrested a couple of times as a teenager when I weighed all of 110 lbs and even though I resisted the cops were able to get me down and cuff me w/out any difficulties. I was bumped up a bit but there was no stink made about it because I was guilty as all hell and a little soreness didn't kill me.

And people sleeping can be confused with the dead until we check them out a little closer.

Please.

I was arrested a couple of times as a teenager when I weighed all of 110 lbs and even though I resisted the cops were able to get me down and cuff me w/out any difficulties. I was bumped up a bit but there was no stink made about it because I was guilty as all hell and a little soreness didn't kill me.

can you say beyond a shadow of a doubt that taser force in this situation was unreasonable?

Just calling a spade a spade. I could give a shit what that other dude asked.

go for it! I don't give a shit.. I made a mistake and you get to spend the rest of your life hating me for it.. Whatever makes your pecker pucker!

Hating you? lol

Don't flatter yourself.

I will, however, throw that shit in your face when you make blind, ignorant accusations like "the left doesn't care when cops get killed."

like I said go for it.. I've had shit in my face before.. you do remember the most recent incident of cops being killed and I posted it and someone accused me iirc of it being a "non story" ??????? maybe not.. and you do recall the group marching down the street cheering.. and i can guarandamntee ya they were not Republicans.. so I rest my case. donkeyface.

Last edited:
Very small, but growing so probably in your acceptable range. Regardless, cops are trained to avoid harming innocent people. If they used a potato cannon to kill him that would be even a smaller statistic. :cuckoo:

:rofl:

Once again Ravi betrays her abject ignorance of statistics. :lol:

Actually, if they killed him with potato cannon, I'd wager all I own the death RATE would be much much higher. Probably something like 1 out of 1... What a fuck'n dolt. :rofl:

Last edited:
It is used all over the world and accepted as reasonable force.

You must mean common sense? No one is accusing the police of using common sense, an error of judgement maybe, but hardly likely to be murder.They acted within the guidlines and training but we all know they could have physically arrested the boy without much injury to anybody, at the same time I am positive they didn't think the tazer would kill the lad.

I'm not accusing these cops of murder either. I think that they used poor judgement in tasering the kid. I think the force they used was unnecessary but I certainly don't think they thought they were going or intended to kill the kid ... that's silly.

Please.

Most times, that would be the result of a taser to, just a little soreness. But the same risk of injury occurs for the criminal when they are "wrestled", it's just different injuries. Tasers were put into use because people kept complaining about the cops using "excessive force" ... now those same people are whining about tasers ...

:rofl:

Once again Ravi betrays her abject ignorance of statistics. :lol:

Actually, if they killed him with potato cannon, I'd wager all I own the death RATE would be much much higher. Probably something like 1 out of 1... What a fuck'n dolt. :rofl:

will you ask shit for brains Ravi how he knows ahead of time they are "innocent" people.. this will be good.. where's the effen popcorn???

Please.

can you say beyond a shadow of a doubt that taser force in this situation was unreasonable?

Of course not. Just like you cannot say beyond a shadow of a doubt that taser force was reasonable. Neither of us are arbiters of such a thing. We are obviously in the realm of opinion here, counselor ;)

I'm not accusing these cops of murder either. I think that they used poor judgement in tasering the kid. I think the force they used was unnecessary but I certainly don't think they thought they were going or intended to kill the kid ... that's silly.

We agre it was accidental then?Debate over.

Forum List

Back