51 Hours Left to Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only because you brought it into the conversation and built it up to be all that and more.

I'm sure being an administrator at USMB has made you into a stronger, more well rounded person. Is it on your resume?

It was an example of the decision making process dude, I used others. Stop and stay on topic, if you dare

But how has your decision making process as an administrator at USMB...or for anything else in your life, helped you to come up with your judgement of this man's choice.

Your judgement is based SOLELY on your feelings of the issue...not based on any facts whatsoever. I have no problem with you (or anyone else) saying "I feel that it is wrong"...I have a problem with people stating "It IS wrong" as if it is a proven fact.

I do not make decisions based solely on feelings. But to dismiss feelings that feed the thought process would be a disservice to my conscience

Only because you brought it into the conversation and built it up to be all that and more.

I'm sure being an administrator at USMB has made you into a stronger, more well rounded person. Is it on your resume?

It was an example of the decision making process dude, I used others. Stop and stay on topic, if you dare

But how has your decision making process as an administrator at USMB...or for anything else in your life, helped you to come up with your judgement of this man's choice.

Your judgement is based SOLELY on your feelings of the issue...not based on any facts whatsoever. I have no problem with you (or anyone else) saying "I feel that it is wrong"...I have a problem with people stating "It IS wrong" as if it is a proven fact.

I didn't notice any judgement of his choice.

Some idiot, I don't remember who, there is more than one choice..oh wait, Paulie..anyway, he said in essence it's not political, or we shouldn't politicize it.

Then it was assertained that this person has made it political himself.

I'm not sure that constitutes a judgement of any choice, it's just an observation that he did make one. And his choice was to be political in his death.

Wow.

He's really unique, huh?

I'm a Christian.

Suicide is a sin.

This is not up for debate either.

When he pushes that button, his options are reduced to one, and though he isn't completely damned at that point, he'd better act fast.

Now.....

Tell me again how it isn't an opinion?

Whether suicide is a sin or not is up to debate. Whether or not Suicide being a sin in Christianity however is not up to debate. For example, Jainism is one of the religions that permits suicide.

Fucking Oregon.

Try to talk him out of it. *Legal* suicides are still just suicides, and *assisted* suicide is just legalized murder.

Not allowing someone to die with dignity at the time of their own choosing is to deny them freedom. It sounds as if a rational decision has been made; AllieBaba foresakes reason for emotion.

Please stop with the juvenile word game Dear

I'm being serious. You're the one who connected the two independent thoughts that he is not committing assisted suicide to being thoughtful. Rephrase it better instead of trying to accuse others of playing word games.

Wow.

He's really unique, huh?

I'm a Christian.

Suicide is a sin.

When he pushes that button, his options are reduced to one, and though he isn't completely damned at that point, he'd better act fast.

Now.....

Whether suicide is a sin or not is up to debate. Whether or not Suicide being a sin in Christianity however is not up to debate. For example, Jainism is one of the religions that permits suicide.

I really should have quit at

You're an idiot.

Fucking Oregon.

Try to talk him out of it. *Legal* suicides are still just suicides, and *assisted* suicide is just legalized murder.

Not allowing someone to die with dignity at the time of their own choosing is to deny them freedom. It sounds as if a rational decision has been made; AllieBaba foresakes reason for emotion.

There is no dignity in death. And I have no problem with people dying their own way on their own terms. It's not my decision to make.

It's also the ultimate in personal decisions. If that's what person wants, the state has no place there. Particularly not there administering the drugs and holding the hands of people who are administering death.

This person has had multiple surgeries, has cancer, and it has spread to his brain. These are all facts. He has to have met certain qualifications to be allowed to kill himself under Oregon law. He has met those qualifications. These things are not up for debate. The ultimate question of whether one should commit suicide or not is certainly up to debate. However, the facts surrounding this man's case is not up to debate.

I have no problem if someone's opinion is different from me, especially if it's on an internet forum. If you didn't honestly care one way or another, you wouldn't of clicked on this thread in the first place, never mind replied to me. Nobody forced you to read this guy's story, if you don't like him posting about it, don't click on it. Really simple.

Wow.

He's really unique, huh?

I'm a Christian.

Suicide is a sin.

Now.....

That suicide is a sin is a lie pushed by the Catholic Church. There is no scripture to support that statement. Saved or not God knows when you will take your first breath and when (and how) you will take your last. So then What makes suicide in this mans case bad ?

You're an idiot.

You're the one who said Suicide is a Sin and that you're a Christian. In Christianity, suicide is considered a sin, yes. However, in other religions and to those who believe in a God but not an organized religion, that may not be the case. I was just merely pointing that out.

\
That suicide is a sin is a lie pushed by the Catholic Church. There is no scripture to support that statement. Saved or not God knows when you will take your first breath and when (and how) you will take your last. So then What makes suicide in this mans case bad ?

I am happy that that works for you.

Peace be with you.

Please stop with the juvenile word game Dear

I'm being serious. You're the one who connected the two independent thoughts that he is not committing assisted suicide to being thoughtful. Rephrase it better instead of trying to accuse others of playing word games.

It's not a word game, PS...it's his way of pretending to be smart. It's his method of using logical fallacy as if it's some sort of evidence, and indicative of his own dishonesty. Bait and switch, victory declared.

Fucking Oregon.

There is no dignity in death. And I have no problem with people dying their own way on their own terms. It's not my decision to make.

It's also the ultimate in personal decisions. If that's what person wants, the state has no place there. Particularly not there administering the drugs and holding the hands of people who are administering death.

I agree. Yet, most states deny people that right and you condemn a state which allows that right ("Fucking Oregon").

You're an idiot.

You're the one who said Suicide is a Sin and that you're a Christian. In Christianity, suicide is considered a sin, yes. However, in other religions and to those who believe in a God but not an organized religion, that may not be the case. I was just merely pointing that out.

I don't give a shit about anyone else's opinion, dumbass.

That is YOUR problem, not mine.

I agree. Yet, most states deny people that right and you condemn a state which allows that right ("Fucking Oregon").

Death is NOT a right. It's inevitable, but not a right.

And please give me an example of all these people being denied the right to die quietly at home, or under a tree.

Show me the numbers of people who have been *prevented* from dying the way they want, and explain why they must have a particular permission to commit suicide. And show me how without that permission, they can't kill themselves anyway.

Then I'll show you example after example of what happens when death is legalized, for whatever reason.

\

Peace be with you.

Thanks, and you as well. But there is still no scripture to back up suicide being a sin. That aside, What makes it such a big deal ?

\

Peace be with you.

Thanks, and you as well. But there is still no scripture to back up suicide being a sin. That aside, What makes it such a big deal ?

I do not argue religion. I am comfortable with my faith.

I am also comfortable with yours :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back