50’s Public Information Film-Watch Out For Homosexuals

What do you think we owe the homeless mentally ill, or (less than 50%) alcoholics?
Just some basic compassion.

If you don't want mental health services to be available for people who need them then don't whine about the homeless population because these mentally ill people will end up on the streets.

Just some basic compassion.

If you don't want mental health services to be available for people who need them then don't whine about the homeless population because these mentally ill people will end up on the streets.
Don't we have some warehouses we can put them? If we can warehouse invaders, we can warehouse the mentally ill.

Don't we have some warehouses we can put them? If we can warehouse invaders, we can warehouse the mentally ill.

Illegal incarceration.

get the mentally ill some treatment so they can actually be part of and contribute to society

But you'd rather whine about it than actually do anything.

Illegal incarceration.

get the mentally ill some treatment so they can actually be part of and contribute to society

But you'd rather whine about it than actually do anything.
The dilemma. Lock them up and forcibly get them treatment. Oh that violates the law. You can't just lock people up. Oh yes. The mentally ill will get treatment on their own. Sure, that's the ticket. They all want to get better, right?

I would rather DO something. I'd rather lock them up. Get them off the streets and take back the parks. Who can I vote for? What can I contribute to. What's the warehouse address? Can I start dragging bodies there?

The dilemma. Lock them up and forcibly get them treatment. Oh that violates the law. You can't just lock people up. Oh yes. The mentally ill will get treatment on their own. Sure, that's the ticket. They all want to get better, right?

I would rather DO something. I'd rather lock them up. Get them off the streets and take back the parks. Who can I vote for? What can I contribute to. What's the warehouse address? Can I start dragging bodies there?
You don't want to treat them you want to warehouse them.

words mean things.

We already have laws that allow for the involuntary treatment of people but we have no facilities to do so. Locking people up in a warehouse isn't treatment.

You don't want to treat them you want to warehouse them.

words mean things.

We already have laws that allow for the involuntary treatment of people but we have no facilities to do so. Locking people up in a warehouse isn't treatment.
Once they are locked up we could treat them. Forcibly if need be.

Treatment doesn't work. As soon as they can the drug addicts and the mentally ill go right back to whatever they were before treatment.

Once they are locked up we could treat them. Forcibly if need be.

Treatment doesn't work. As soon as they can the drug addicts and the mentally ill go right back to whatever they were before treatment.
Only after due process.

And a warehouse is not a medical treatment facility is it?

or are you advocating we invest in mental health resources by converting abandoned warehouses into mental health facilities?

Are you an addict?
Are you?

My mother was a heroin addict. When I was 14 I found her dead. I lived on the streets for 2 years after that and I actually knew too many heroin, crack and meth addicts to count. I know a hell of a lot more about addicts and addiction than most of you people here.

People do not become addicts because they smoked a little pot before moving on the harder drugs.

No.

Very few people who use pot will use opioids.
In everything we do it is where a line is drawn. Of course, there are variables. How we were raised, our personalities from birth and the pressures of where we live.

In everything we do it is where a line is drawn. Of course, there are variables. How we were raised, our personalities from birth and the pressures of where we live.
So why do those variables not apply to alcohol? Or Nicotine? Or any other drug people use?

Saying pot leads people to harder drugs is bull.

People use drugs for all kinds of reasons. If people are seeking drugs because they have no way of coping with something, these people would still be addicts if they never smoked pot.

recently a very large portion of opiate addicts were given drugs by their doctors. So there was not "gateway " effect of smoking pot.

Are you?

My mother was a heroin addict. When I was 14 I found her dead. I lived on the streets for 2 years after that and I actually knew too many heroin, crack and meth addicts to count. I know a hell of a lot more about addicts and addiction than most of you people here.

People do not become addicts because they smoked a little pot before moving on the harder drugs.
No I am not. Are you?

No and what does it matter?
You want to speak with so much authority on the issue, good to know if you are speaking from experience. While you were living on the street for two years not being an addict, do you know if all of those heroin, crack and meth addicts you knew smoked weed before they became addicts?

You want to speak with so much authority on the issue, good to know if you are speaking from experience. While you were living on the street for two years not being an addict, do you know if all of those heroin, crack and meth addicts you knew smoked weed before they became addicts?

It doesn't matter if they smoked weed before they became addicted to something else.

If they all drank alcohol before they became addicted to something else would you say alcohol made them become addicts to other drugs?

People do not get addicted to heroin, crack and meth because they might have smoked pot or drank alcohol.

It doesn't matter if they smoked weed before they became addicted to something else.

If they all drank alcohol before they became addicted to something else would you say alcohol made them become addicts to other drugs?

People do not get addicted to heroin, crack and meth because they might have smoked pot or drank alcohol.
I see. You don't believe in the gateway drug mechanism. People just all of a sudden try meth or crack or heroin. How about cocaine. Are people who like doing cocaine more inclined to try crack? And are people who like crack more inclined to try meth?

Only after due process.

And a warehouse is not a medical treatment facility is it?

or are you advocating we invest in mental health resources by converting abandoned warehouses into mental health facilities?
Just get these sickos off the streets. Give them drugs. We confiscate plenty. And let them die.

I see. You don't believe in the gateway drug mechanism. People just all of a sudden try meth or crack or heroin. How about cocaine. Are people who like doing cocaine more inclined to try crack? And are people who like crack more inclined to try meth?

Yeah people try drugs all the time.

the vast majority who do never become addicts.

Pot does not cause people to be addicts

You know what the first drug is that most people try? Alcohol. So are you saying that alcohol is the reason people try heroin or meth too?

Forum List

Back