50 years after "I have a dream"....A Progress Report

Here is why I refuse to watch anything doing with the speeches today..

The supposed Black leaders can't accept that this is not the same country as it was 60 years ago and that the biggest proponents of racism are Blacks themselves.

To call a thug, a druggie, a man-boy who committed assault a "Martyr" is just un-fricking-believable.

Yeah why watch it yourself when you can get your spin spoon fed

Why watch a bunch of Racist haters spout lies and misinformation?

I see enough of that by some the Liberals here.

Again, why watch it yourself when your bias has already convinced you of the future facts

"You really don't know your American History that well, do you? . . . But in truth there were over 300,000 White Slaves brought here from England.. From the Debtor's prisons and brothels. The Scots, for 3 years, sent their prisoners here as slaves instead of imprisoning them."

So easy to catch a liar like OS: these were sent as economically bound indentured servants. They could earn their freedom dues in four to ten years, depending on the contract.

They were white, African chattel slavery captives were black.

You are so easy to deal with.

"You really don't know your American History that well, do you? . . . But in truth there were over 300,000 White Slaves brought here from England.. From the Debtor's prisons and brothels. The Scots, for 3 years, sent their prisoners here as slaves instead of imprisoning them."

So easy to catch a liar like OS: these were sent as economically bound indentured servants. They could earn their freedom dues in four to ten years, depending on the contract.

They were white, African chattel slavery captives were black.

You are so easy to deal with.

I wasn't talking about Indentured Servants.

Perhaps you need to take a reading comprehension class.

Yeah why watch it yourself when you can get your spin spoon fed

Why watch a bunch of Racist haters spout lies and misinformation?

I see enough of that by some the Liberals here.

Again, why watch it yourself when your bias has already convinced you of the future facts

I like the way that you are attempting to deflect the issue.. I posted links to direct quotes and even a video of these things being said today.

Things I expected to be said.

When Conservative Blacks were refused time to speak, I knew it would be Left Wing Whine and lie fest.

Of course you were talking about indentured servants.

There was no massive white slavery in British North America as you are suggesting.

the New Reactionary History of yours is worth an F

WHITE vs. BLACK
65% vs. 12% - Percent of Total Population (census)
81% vs. 6% - Percent of Total Management Level Jobs (EEOC)
38% vs. 35% - Percent of Total Abortions in America (CDC)

22% vs. 55% - Children Living with Single Parent (census)
29% vs. 73% - Children Born Out of Wedlock (census)
13% vs. 34% - Children Living in Poverty (census)
8% vs. 20% - Never Married, 45 Years Old+ (census)
29% vs. 18% - College Degrees, 25 Years Old+ (census)
17% vs 47% - Percent in Welfare Programs (BLS)

6.7% vs. 13.5% - Unemployment Rate (BLS)
$55k vs. $32k - Median Household Income (census)
$30k vs. $21k - Median Individual Income (census)
79 vs. 74 - Life Expectancy (CDC)
678 vs. 4347 - Incarceration Rates Per 100,000 Population (FBI)

Blacks accounted for 38% of Violent Crime and 30% of Property Crime in 2011, despite making up just 12% of the U.S. population (FBI)

Blacks score worse than whites, Asians, and Hispanics in all major school subjects (US Dept of Education)

You forgot one statistic:

White vs Black

0 vs 100% - Number of ancestors enslaved in the USA

You really don't know your American History that well, do you?

That is too be expected... You must have had Liberal Teachers who wanted to keep you ignorant of the real facts.

:lol:

I expected some quibbling ninny to rise to the challenge that rounding to the nearest whole number may cause:

White vs. Black
0.05% vs. 99.95%- Number of Ancestors enslaved in the USA.

Very interesting article. Further proof the effects of Jim Crow, racism and slavery is at the root of the condition of black americans?

Survey: Nigerians Most Educated in the U.S. | News | BET

Well, if we accept your hypothesis, that

the effects of Jim Crow, racism and slavery is at the root of the condition of black americans?

Then you must also accept that these "effects" have not changed much during the past 50 years, and that "the condition of blacks americans" remains much the same.

Yet, a black American is TWO TERM President.

:eusa_eh:

How can we reconcile the fact with your hypothesis?

Of course you were talking about indentured servants.

There was no massive white slavery in British North America as you are suggesting.

the New Reactionary History of yours is worth an F

If I had been talking about indentured servants, I would have said indentured servants.

It is truly amazing how you think you can read my mind and tell me what I was talking about.

I would lay dollars against doughnuts you didn't even follow the link, did you?

You can post some evidence that 300,000 white slaves, non-indentured servants, were sent to British North America.

That would be new and enlightening.

We are awaiting your next post.

Very interesting article. Further proof the effects of Jim Crow, racism and slavery is at the root of the condition of black americans?

the effects of Jim Crow, racism and slavery is at the root of the condition of black americans?

Then you must also accept that these "effects" have not changed much during the past 50 years, and that "the condition of blacks americans" remains much the same.

Even if I accept your your premise that the effects have not lessened then its still easy to reconcile. You cant hold everyone back.

Last edited:

Even if I accept your your premise that the effects have not lessened the its still easy to reconcile. You cant hold everyone back.

Indeed.

But what of all the people who voted for Obama?

Clearly, there has been significant sociological change during the past 50 years regarding the "effects" of the damages wrought upon blacks as a result of their enslavement, and ensuing historical events contibuting to their present "condition."

However, there's still improvement to be made: much of the improvements in the status quo have been made by the WHITE MAJORITY: Now, it may be time for blacks to become more active participants in their own sociological advancement.

Even if I accept your your premise that the effects have not lessened the its still easy to reconcile. You cant hold everyone back.

Indeed.

Clearly, there has been significant sociological change during the past 50 years regarding the "effects" of the damages wrought upon blacks as a result of their enslavement, and ensuing historical events contibuting to their present "condition."

However, there's still improvement to be made: much of the improvements in the status quo have been made by the WHITE MAJORITY: Now, it may be time for blacks to become more active participants in their own sociological advancement.

No doubt that things have changed recently and whites played a major role in electing the POTUS. I would disagree that 50 years of effort in building up can match up to 400 years of tearing down even if it was a complete buy in by the white race. Its always been the time for Blacks to be active participants in their advancement. Dont believe the hype. Black people will be fine. Just pointing out that 400 years have taken a toll and its not that somehow the Black race is inferior.

Indeed.

No doubt that things have changed recently and whites played a major role in electing the POTUS. I would disagree that 50 years of effort in building up can match up to 400 years of tearing down even if it was a complete buy in by the white race. Its always been the time for Blacks to be active participants in their advancement. Dont believe the hype. Black people will be fine. Just pointing out that 400 years have taken a toll and its not that somehow the Black race is inferior.

I agree the racially based inferoirity theory is ludacrous.

However, at some point, the fact that America has ELECTED a black president, TWICE, must be acknowledged as proof that the scales have been tipped, and the constant refrain that "400 years have taken their toll" becomes more of an excuse for personal failure than a real issue.

No other race in this country had to deal with Jim Crow. not one. Only the blacks. the funny part is white folks will say, I never owned a slave. How does Slavery or Jim Crow apply today?

Its generational racist bullshit. Period.

what the hell?

explain please.....this ought to be good.....:rolleyes:

Explain what?

explain the whole statement most particularly how it ends as in-

"Its generational racist bullshit. Period."...:eusa_eh:

Indeed.

However, at some point, the fact that America has ELECTED a black president, TWICE, must be acknowledged as proof that the scales have been tipped, and the constant refrain that "400 years have taken their toll" becomes more of an excuse for personal failure than a real issue.

It was always a 2 pronged problem not just 1. The fact that Obama is a 2 term Black president is reflective of better racial tolerance nowadays. Perceptions have started shifting. The "400 years" is a psychological condition that must be addressed by the Black community in general. We must understand why the bad habits exist from "400 years" and exactly what those habits are doing.

Indeed.

We have changed the laws, the playing field is as level as its going to get

Without some serious soul searching by the black culture, this is as good as its going to get. Without a strong family structure, black children have minimal chance at success. That structure will not come from the government
Black males have to be held accountable. Not taking care of your families is unacceptable, not working is unacceptable, prison is unacceptable.

and far as coming a long way, obama made a remark as to institutional racism , it appears we have not come as far as we think, the organizers of the event didn't even invite the only sitting Black Senator......:doubt:

It was always a 2 pronged problem not just 1. The fact that Obama is a 2 term Black president is reflective of better racial tolerance nowadays. Perceptions have started shifting. The "400 years" is a psychological condition that must be addressed by the Black community in general. We must understand why the bad habits exist from "400 years" and exactly what those habits are doing.

If we don't "understand" yet, then we never will: It appears that the main "bad" habit that the black community needs to break is concentrating on "400 years" and not the next 40 years.

No question that Dr King was one of our greatest American patriots. While the revolution he started removed the institutional barriers to racism, strong cultural barriers still hold blacks back

Racism is still there but is not the primary reason blacks have not entered the mainstream. Until black culture significantly changes, they will remain second class
You are 100% correct, and there is no way a black man will ever be president of the US as long as those barriers exist.

Wait....

We have changed the laws, the playing field is as level as its going to get

Without some serious soul searching by the black culture, this is as good as its going to get. Without a strong family structure, black children have minimal chance at success. That structure will not come from the government
Black males have to be held accountable. Not taking care of your families is unacceptable, not working is unacceptable, prison is unacceptable.

ok, who stole your password.....:lol: who is this...really?

Forum List

Back