50 states sign secede petitions

America can only work as a melting pot.

Obama and the Lefists have chosen to go the Tribalism path.

History of the world says tribes duke it out and split up territory.

:lmao:

by melting pot you mean white christian males tell the rest of us what to do.

Ah, another tribalist.

like the idiots who toss around the word, 'statist', you don't have a clue about what that means.

you think the GOP was welcoming to anyone who wasn't a white christian male.

maybe if you hadn't spent the last 40 years running the southern strategy...

What is the RW fascination with this? There are a gazillion threads on the topic of secession. Why? Do you support this kind of thing? Do ya'll really think this would be a good idea? If so, are you stupid or insane?

:lmao:

by melting pot you mean white christian males tell the rest of us what to do.

Ah, another tribalist.

like the idiots who toss around the word, 'statist', you don't have a clue about what that means.

you think the GOP was welcoming to anyone who wasn't a white christian male.

maybe if you hadn't spent the last 40 years running the southern strategy...

My point stands, your bleeding sphincter from your beatdown, notwithstanding.

LOL

What is the RW fascination with this? There are a gazillion threads on the topic of secession. Why? Do you support this kind of thing? Do ya'll really think this would be a good idea? If so, are you stupid or insane?

Please don't confuse a few zealots that can't accept the fact they they lost an election with the rest of us who are right of center (i.e. Republican's).

Thank you.

WW

>>>>

Neither, I'm just wanting front row tickets to the carnival.

Please don't confuse a few zealots that can't accept the fact they they lost an election with the rest of us who are right of center (i.e. Republican's).

Thank you.

WW

>>>>

My most sincere apologies, Chief. Let me rephrase...

What is the far too far RW fascination with this topic.

Why on earth would the Progressives not want an amicable split?

Perhaps you just want the productive people to keep paying for your Obama phones?

It can't be done. This issue has been decided at the cost of hundreds of thousands deaths

Actually it could be done.

The problem with the Civil War was that individual states summarily decided to withdraw from the union. Therefore under Article I Section 8 Congress (i.e. the Federal Government) was duly authorized to suppress such insurrection.

On the other hand a state could peaceably withdraw from the union in the same way in the same way that new states are submitted. The legislature of the state passes a bill to secede and it is signed by the Governor (or the citizens pass a ballot initiative) and it is forwarded to Congress. Congress takes up the bill and it is debated and voted on by the duly elected representatives in Congress. If the bill passes to allow secession, then the old state/new country could be formed as the Congress will have decided not to treat the secession as insurrection/revolt.

Of course such a bill would need to address many issues, such as:

• A bill to forward to Congress showing the States desire to leave the union.
  • A bill that addresses how US Government property (mobile) will be turned over to it's rightful owner (the US Government).
  • A bill that addresses how citizen's will be given a choice of retaining US citizenship or accepting citizenship in the new country.
  • A bill that addresses how the new country will assume it's portion of the current US national debt, as a percentage based on population of course.
  • A bill that addresses how the new country will handle citizenship and travel (since the citizens of the new country will no longer be US citizen their passports will be voided on the date of transfer).
  • A bill that addresses currency as renouncing citizenship does not relinquish private debt that the new citizens will still owe to private corporations (i.e. credit cards, mortgages, car loans, etc.).

While not a complete list, it does provide some points that would need to be worked out.

>>>>

135064_10151258217116726_1114989572_o.jpg

Forum List

Back