50 Books to Read Before You Die

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
FaD70gIZnqpK03hJTrV0QK1c4iuLu6cwXaK7NRJf4Mg6fP1O3_Dh3iQ_BNFJsZrDjqPi4o2MbqGUepE20bXXzdc4ACKaQ7z_TuHx3bFL2tDwI5Bmsj0oO9-36w=w663-h498-p-k

A very interesting list. Iā€™ve read 16 of the first 20 and a whole lot of the rest. How about you all?

Full list @ 50 Books To Read Before You Die | CashKaro

FaD70gIZnqpK03hJTrV0QK1c4iuLu6cwXaK7NRJf4Mg6fP1O3_Dh3iQ_BNFJsZrDjqPi4o2MbqGUepE20bXXzdc4ACKaQ7z_TuHx3bFL2tDwI5Bmsj0oO9-36w=w663-h498-p-k

A very interesting list. Iā€™ve read 16 of the first 20 and a whole lot of the rest. How about you all?

Full list @ 50 Books To Read Before You Die | CashKaro

I read 100 years of solitude for school, and I didn't bother reading it much, just wrote what I had to write. So I went back to it last year, half way through I was like "stuff this" and stopped reading it. It's not that good.

The Count of Monte Cristo I felt was a very rubbish book too. The plot line isn't great, nothing about it is great.

Robin Hobb's books are so much better, and she doesn't get anywhere near. In her Farseer Trilogy she manages to subtly get the boy and wolf to resemble each other more and more over the course of the books and on into another trilogy, fantastic writing.

Iā€™ve read a few of them. Iā€™ve seen some of the movies based on them.

No way Iā€™m ever going to read Gone With The Wind when I canā€™t make myself set through the movie. I donā€™t think Iā€™m going to read War And Peace either. The Hitch Hikerā€™s Guide to The Galaxy is more my speed.

Not a bad list, except Gone with the Wind should be only available only to be read in beauty parlors, and Sinclair's, "The Jungle" should be added.

I've probably read 28 to 30 of them. Some of them a long time ago, so its hard to say. Many of them aren't really worth the time.

As a huge book whore, I've read most of those. But oddly, I've never read Tolstoy or Shakespeare but for a few poems.

Great list. I'd add a few.

Twenty-seven of those fifty, and several of them multiple times.

Not much attracted to romance novels.

War and Peace is as good as its reputation, but I found it all depended on the translation. Finding it deathly dull in the first version, I tried another and was amazed at the difference slight changes made. Many passages were identical but a word in a paragraph made all the difference in the world.

Iā€™ve seen some of the movies based on them.
Funniest post of the thread.
Just being honest. I realize that there is often quite a difference between a book and a movie based on a book. That being said, Iā€™m usually not going to read a book if Iā€™ve already seen the movie. On the other hand, I might be inclined to see a movie that is based on a book that Iā€™ve read.

I've read a lot of them and have seen the movies based on some of them.

It's not a great list, imo. But then, there are so many books it would be impossible to create a list that would please everyone. There are many other books I think are better than most on this list: Plato's Republic, Plutarch, Grapes of Wrath, several of Dostoevsky's works, etc.

Green Eggs and Ham, a must read!

Iā€™ve read the book and Iā€™ve seen the movie.

Forum List

Back